Azzi Fudd--She's 14 and Geno has visited | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd--She's 14 and Geno has visited

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As Azzi plays her way through her first season of HS basketball, and is exposed to a different brand of basketball (other than AAU), hopefully she will begin to appreciate the UConn women, the work they put in, the sacrifices they make, and the success that is achieved from their combined efforts. She's going to have her choice of the top ranked programs. Hopefully she'll want to be a part of UConn's ongoing legacy. She's going to be very special. I would love to see her in a UConn uniform after high school.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Long read and well worth it:

“She’s like Kawhi Leonard. It’s hard to say what position she is, she’s just Azzi and does everything, you know?” St. John’s Coach Jonathan Scribner said before the season. “You just don’t see it very often. She is something that’s different. You’re seeing a unicorn.”

Azzi is technically a combo guard capable of running an offense and thriving as an off-ball scorer. But, as Scribner pointed to, it is hard to define her as just that. She is a high-percentage three-point shooter and has the upper-body strength to score inside. She is a strong perimeter defender and can protect the paint. She played point guard for Team USA’s gold medal-winning 16-and-under team this summer — as a 14-year old — but Coach Carla Berube said, “We could also rely on her to guard all five positions.”

Her first scholarship offer came from Maryland, when she was in sixth grade, and the 5-foot-11 guard has since been recruited by a large handful of power-conference programs, including Stanford, Tennessee and Connecticut, whose legendary Coach Geno Auriemma stopped in to see her work out this fall on an otherwise normal day at St. John’s in Northwest Washington, D.C.

“What do you think it was like?” she asked, smiling at her own sarcasm. “I was so nervous.”

Well, did it show?

“No,” she shot back, smiling even wider. “I crushed it that day.”

‘She does everything’: Freshman is already one of nation’s top high school recruits

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"Tim (Azzi's Father) , tie loosened by a stressful ending, walked across the floor to have a long conversation with Maryland women’s basketball Coach Brenda Frese.
Long Conversation ?
How long does it take to tell Brenda that Azzi's heading to UCONN?

Reaction Score
From Nan's news items:

Local basketball phenom is the real deal

UConn has had a lot of success with multi-racial kids. Azzi could be as good as her namesake.

What is this in aid of? Or, what kind of knowledge is this purporting? Is it in the same sphere as: Uconn has had a lot of succes with 6.1 (height) kids." Actually, let us say "Uconn has had a lot of success with 'white'-racial kids."

Just musing at your expense. But, don't let the other schools on about our success-- I doubt there are enough of such kids around to keep all the programs happy. We might get reported to the NCAA. That might be the kind of things they are very good at policing in college sports.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Tim (Azzi's Father) , tie loosened by a stressful ending, walked across the floor to have a long conversation with Maryland women’s basketball Coach Brenda Frese.
Long Conversation ?
How long does it take to tell Brenda that Azzi's heading to UCONN?
Wanted to let her down easy. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom