Awak Kuier 2019 or 2020? | The Boneyard

Awak Kuier 2019 or 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Awak Kuier a 2019 or 2020 player? I see she is 6'5 and would help with interior play. Do we know if Geno is looking at her?

Reaction Score
Yea, I guess there aren't many 6ft 5-er's in Finland. The ONLY country in the world to have repaid the USA for it WW ONE debt. One tough country and they know how to fight. I'd take her in a heart beat. Sight unseen!!
geez the things that come up in these threads.

Finland, which became independent in 1917, had a "war debt" that was actually for food imports from the US to replace grain imports from Russia that stopped after the Russian revolution. Somehow the US lumped this in with "war debt". Finland didn't recognize it as a war debt and felt the honorable thing to do was repay it even though all other countries defaulted on their war debt with the rise of Hitler, and the great depression.

Reaction Score
I REALLY REALLY hope that Geno and CD really look at this kid. I think she is quite amazing at 6'5" and seems to be very athletic.

Reaction Score
Awak KUIER
Profile image of Awak KUIER

CENTER

Birth: 19 Aug 2001 (age 17)
Height: 194cm / 6'4"
Club:v Helsinki Basketball Academy (FIN)‎
Nationality: FIN

Reaction Score
Awak KUIER
Profile image of Awak KUIER

CENTER

Birth: 19 Aug 2001 (age 17)
Height: 194cm / 6'4"
Club:v Helsinki Basketball Academy (FIN)‎
Nationality: FIN

I found her listed at 6'5". What's an inch or so ?

Reaction Score
Cant tell if her 6'5" translates to being a good rebounder. Looks thin.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
According to Mark Williams of Premiere Basketball Report, Awak Kuier will be in the 2022 class. Williams believes there is a chance she will automatically go pro instead of the college route.

Reaction Score
According to Mark Williams of Premiere Basketball Report, Awak Kuier will be in the 2022 class. Williams believes there is a chance she will automatically go pro instead of the college route.
I saw that, and 2022 doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? She was born August 19, 2001, so she will turn 18 in August. Most members of 2022 will be 15 -- and a few 16 -- while Awak will be 18. Wonder if she will consider UCLA. She and Bessoir are quite good friends.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I saw that, and 2022 doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? She was born August 19, 2001, so she will turn 18 in August. Most members of 2022 will be 15 -- and a few 16 -- while Awak will be 18. Wonder if she will consider UCLA. She and Bessoir are quite good friends.

Williams said his understanding is that she extended her 12th grade an extra semester. He also said it's possible her family "bumped" her back a grade when they moved to Finland.

Reaction Score
Speaking of post players, remember when the Board was all a-twitter when Natalie Butler transferred in? Had a great freshman year somewhere and was gonna be the next super post. Then she was judged a disappointment and criticized all over the place for her hands, footwork, etc. Then some folks got pissed off that she had the temerity to do a graduate transfer to George Mason for her last year of eligibility. Sometimes I wonder what people want out of these kids. Personally I try to have NO expectations, so I'm generally pleasantly surprised. Now we kvetch about ONO not being a true post player. And whether this Awak is 6'4" or 7' tall. Gives me a headache. I enjoy watching the girls grow & mesh (or not). If they win a championship, lovely. If not, there's always next year. Sermon ended.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sure go right ahead & twist that knife some more! :eek:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Speaking of post players, remember when the Board was all a-twitter when Natalie Butler transferred in? Had a great freshman year somewhere and was gonna be the next super post. Then she was judged a disappointment and criticized all over the place for her hands, footwork, etc. Then some folks got pissed off that she had the temerity to do a graduate transfer to George Mason for her last year of eligibility. Sometimes I wonder what people want out of these kids. Personally I try to have NO expectations, so I'm generally pleasantly surprised. Now we kvetch about ONO not being a true post player. And whether this Awak is 6'4" or 7' tall. Gives me a headache. I enjoy watching the girls grow & mesh (or not). If they win a championship, lovely. If not, there's always next year. Sermon ended.
The best part of a sermon is always the Amen. The true path to happiness lies in having low expectations! Good sermon, btw. :cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No expectations ensures that you will never be disappointed. Please allow some room for us kvetchers who occasionally go out on a limb, get excited about these potential UCONN recruits and are perfectly ok with being wrong in what we predicted or expected. We have plenty of company on that limb including Geno because is was he who pronounced Natalie a "game changer" & Courtney "the best shooter" in the class.

Reaction Score
Williams said his understanding is that she extended her 12th grade an extra semester. He also said it's possible her family "bumped" her back a grade when they moved to Finland.

Still.
She'd be graduating from HS months shy of her 21st birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom