Awak Kuier 2019 or 2020? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Awak Kuier 2019 or 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
geez the things that come up in these threads.

Finland, which became independent in 1917, had a "war debt" that was actually for food imports from the US to replace grain imports from Russia that stopped after the Russian revolution. Somehow the US lumped this in with "war debt". Finland didn't recognize it as a war debt and felt the honorable thing to do was repay it even though all other countries defaulted on their war debt with the rise of Hitler, and the great depression.
B'way often leads us down uncharted paths. Makes life a tad more interesting just anticipating his/our next excursion!

Reaction Score
Speaking of post players, remember when the Board was all a-twitter when Natalie Butler transferred in? Had a great freshman year somewhere and was gonna be the next super post. Then she was judged a disappointment and criticized all over the place for her hands, footwork, etc. Then some folks got pissed off that she had the temerity to do a graduate transfer to George Mason for her last year of eligibility. Sometimes I wonder what people want out of these kids. Personally I try to have NO expectations, so I'm generally pleasantly surprised. Now we kvetch about ONO not being a true post player. And whether this Awak is 6'4" or 7' tall. Gives me a headache. I enjoy watching the girls grow & mesh (or not). If they win a championship, lovely. If not, there's always next year. Sermon ended.

Reaction Score
Yes .. Natalie Butler left UConn cuz of AZ and proceeded to break NCAA singles season rebounding record and average 20ppg for George Mason. Not bad for a castoff, n'est-ce pas?

HGN

Reaction Score
We BY'ers should always remember we are here to support Uconn WBB , its players in particular. It's ok to have very high expectations , but do do criticize when our own expectations are wrong when that player plays like a mortal and not like a god. Do not blame the player for our own misjudgment. But just continue to support our Huskies.

GO HUSKIES!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes .. Natalie Butler left UConn cuz of AZ and proceeded to break NCAA singles season rebounding record and average 20ppg for George Mason. Not bad for a castoff, n'est-ce pas?
Natalie left UCONN because of Azura? Never heard that before but whatever!
That Natalie Butler broke the NCAA record for most rebounds in a single season is true. Did George Mason Make the NCAA Tournament? Did George Mason win the conference regular season championship? Did George Mason win A10 tournament championship?
Natalie Butler average 19.2 PPG so i understand why you would want to round that number up to 20.
Natalie Butler chose to leave UCONN. UCONN lost 1 game that season doubtful Natalie would have made a difference in that game.

Reaction Score
How am I throwing AZ under the bus if i m saying the AZ was rated higher than Nat who thought her minutes would dwindle? ... eh?

Reaction Score
Natalie left UCONN because of Azura? Never heard that before but whatever!
That Natalie Butler broke the NCAA record for most rebounds in a single season is true. Did George Mason Make the NCAA Tournament? Did George Mason win the conference regular season championship? Did George Mason win A10 tournament championship?
Natalie Butler average 19.2 PPG so i understand why you would want to round that number up to 20.
Natalie Butler chose to leave UCONN. UCONN lost 1 game that season doubtful Natalie would have made a difference in that game.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
apples and oranges .. also called eristic .. Nat left for the same reasons that MC, AEH, and LG left - playing time!

in a middle of a room
stands a suicide
sniffing a Paper rose

[...]

(a moon swims out of a cloud
a clock strikes midnight
a finger pulls a trigger
a bird flies into a mirror)

--E.E. Cummings

Reaction Score
Still.
She'd be graduating from HS months shy of her 21st birthday!

I heard that she's close to graduating, but gets distracted every time threads about her get yanked off topic. It would be interesting if she was a 2021 or later because she could theoretically then be drafted before she goes to college assuming no changes in the upcoming CBA.

Reaction Score
Kuier had 13 points and 9 rebounds in 25 minutes in Finland's 90-65 win over Estonia:

Julianna Okosun had 7 points and 12 rebounds in 21 minutes Denmark's 86-29 win over Norway:

These are games in Division B of the European U18 Championships and they can also be seen on FIBA's YouTube page.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
From the little bit of video, I saw of her it would appear that she might not be happy playing a traditional post position. She looks like a player that loves to take it off the dribble and hit outside shots.

Reaction Score
Kuier is class of 2022? I thought she was 2020?

She turns 18 next month. Hard to believe she has three more years of high school. They must have different rules for eligibility because no kids here can play beyond 19 if I recall correctly.

Reaction Score
She turns 18 next month. Hard to believe she has three more years of high school. They must have different rules for eligibility because no kids here can play beyond 19 if I recall correctly.

She plays in Finland's top league so there are no age restrictions for her. That said, the idea that she would wait that long for college seems implausible. It seems more like that she would turn professional if getting to the point of college eligibility is going to be that difficult.

She had 10 points and 11 rebounds in 18 minutes in an easy win:

Okosun had 19 points and 10 rebounds in 19 minutes in an even easier win:

Both teams will be gunning for the top two spots in the group so that they can qualify for the quarterfinals and a chance at a medal, which earns your team a spot in the higher level U18 tournament next summer. There tend to be a lot of mismatches in the group stage.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Anyone heard anything about the Danish big lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom