August recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t understand Geno at times. He has two highly rated recruits in Brynn McGaughy and Jenna Lewis who have both said UConn is their dream school but it doesn’t appear he has offered them yet. I realize McGaughy has been hurt. I’m sure if they had been offered he would have received an instant acceptance.
I always get excited when I hear a player has UConn as their dream school. Unfortunately we are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
Don’t understand Geno at times. He has two highly rated recruits in Brynn McGaughy and Jenna Lewis who have both said UConn is their dream school but it doesn’t appear he has offered them yet. I realize McGaughy has been hurt. I’m sure if they had been offered he would have received an instant acceptance.

He may have offered them. The only way anyone would know is if the player announces it. Those players could be keeping their offers quiet.

Reaction Score
I understand your frustration but Geno rarely offers until numerous UConn coaches have seen the players in person and even then, he waits until he's 100% certain it's the right move for the team..........you also have to take into consideration that other players are also in the mix for those scholarship slots.............I assume that he makes recruits of interest fully aware that they are under consideration for an offer that their consistent play going forward might earn......

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I posted this earlier in this thread:

In a story [July] about her offer from Iowa, 2025 Brynn McGaughy mentions UConn:

Q: Have you been hearing from any other schools that have not yet offered you a scholarship? Any visits planned for the fall?

McGaughy:
I’ve been hearing from UConn and South Carolina who have not yet offered me. I have a few visits on the calendar, but more to plan.

I believe Geno planned to watch her play in July at an Omaha AAU event but her ankle injury prevented that from happening. We'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
We didn't make the cut for Tac
20230829_225404.jpg
a

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
CD has been following Ponnam for a while but now I see Kelis Fisher is also following her. Could be a coincidence or the two are just friends from a camp. Anywho, here is a Ponnam update

While too soon to fully understand how she will perform in college, but what little I have seen reminds me of a young Stewie.

Reaction Score
I understand your frustration but Geno rarely offers until numerous UConn coaches have seen the players in person and even then, he waits until he's 100% certain it's the right move for the team..........you also have to take into consideration that other players are also in the mix for those scholarship slots.............I assume that he makes recruits of interest fully aware that they are under consideration for an offer that their consistent play going forward might earn......
My impression is that Geno looks at a lot more than just their on-court performance. Takes a bit more time to see if the player is up to UConn standards as a person.

Reaction Score
While too soon to fully understand how she will perform in college, but what little I have seen reminds me of a young Stewie.
Stewie indeed. She has that same smoothness with her moves, like she’s just rolling her arms and legs to the next Gao in the defense. It is early, but this is about when folks started paying attention to a young Paige. What you can’t see in clips is whether she has the relentless drive the greats all had.

Reaction Score
She was 2025 but recently made the decision to transfer to Blair Academy and repeat her sophomore year. She's now class of 2026. ESPN hasn't updated its list.
Thank you UConnCat!

Reaction Score
Curious why she decided to transfer and repeat her Sophomore year. Tough decision on her part with the reason potentially affecting Geno's decision to pursue her.

Reaction Score
She was 2025 but recently made the decision to transfer to Blair Academy and repeat her sophomore year. She's now class of 2026. ESPN hasn't updated its list.
isn't Batouly Camara the coach at Blair now?

Reaction Score
View attachment 91091
A couple shifts in the new ESPN rankings for class of 2024. Sarah Strong now #1. I believe Allie Ziebell and Morgan Cheli remain in the same positions.

Couldn't agree more with Sarah being #1. Hoping we can snag one (or more) of her, Carlton or Roberson. Would be a pretty good class.

I do think, however, Cheli should be at least Top 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom