August recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some context would be greatly appreciated here. Are we talking miracle on ice rematch? Early days of the cold war? Bobby Fischer vs Anatoly Karpov? Rambo III? The 1972 Men's Basketball Gold Medal game?
More details in the 3x3 thread.
Let's just say it was not our finest moment. The USA reverted to a one on one offense and committed too many fouls on defense. After 10 team fouls, your opponent gets 2 free throws on a common foul. Between our committing fouls and Russia flopping, Russia spent the last minute of the game on the foul line.
More our fault and Russia playing the rules(and the refs).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More details in the 3x3 thread.
Let's just say it was not our finest moment. The USA reverted to a one on one offense and committed too many fouls on defense. After 10 team fouls, your opponent gets 2 free throws on a common foul. Between our committing fouls and Russia flopping, Russia spent the last minute of the game on the foul line.
More our fault and Russia playing the rules(and the refs).
Practicing for new 1 x 1 event.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Look very closely at the former UCONN recruit in the far left of this picture on her official visit. View attachment 69442
I'm glad CD didn't say "next" to her because of the ripped jeans or that T-shirt she was wearing.
She should have. Why, the nerve of that girl. It probably hindered her from earning a spot on the team and becoming POY!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Some context would be greatly appreciated here. Are we talking miracle on ice rematch? Early days of the cold war? Bobby Fischer vs Anatoly Karpov? Rambo III? The 1972 Men's Basketball Gold Medal game?
BTW, Fischer would have won !

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I need a memory refresh on Paulina Paris. Didn't she recently de-commit from Penn State and reopen her recruitment? Here is what i do remember: UCONN made her down select to top 8. She outright stated that she wanted to go somewhere where she could start right away. Most importantly, Paris was MVP of a recent allstar games when Caroline Ducharme and Azzi Fudd were here teammates. She not going to start at UCONN but she play plenty and would be a good addition in 22 if KK, Kiki & Tyanna Todd pick other schools.

Reaction Score
I need a memory refresh on Paulina Paris. Didn't she recently de-commit from Penn State and reopen her recruitment? Here is what i do remember: UCONN made her down select to top 8. She outright stated that she wanted to go somewhere where she could start right away. Most importantly, Paris was MVP of a recent allstar games when Caroline Ducharme and Azzi Fudd were here teammates. She not going to start at UCONN but she play plenty and would be a good addition in 22 if KK, Kiki & Tyanna Todd pick other schools.
I think your memory was pretty good, and perhaps she is now back in the mix, and potentially a better player than Todd. Her disadvantage regarding Uconn is she is a point guard that would likely have Paige and Nika ahead of her for her first two years. That is a long time to expect a player to wait.

Our most important targets for 22 are clearly either KiKi or KK. They are the highest rated remaining players we are still involved with, and can both be 2/3 players with Christyn and Evina departing. Todd appears to be plan B if we strike out on the top two, but she might have an uphill battle for playing time, whereas I would expect KiKi or KK to be part of the rotation.

As a point guard, if Paris was class of 23 or 24, her Uconn prospects would be much better. Even Arnold if we could get her in 23 would likely be glued to the bench behind Paige and Nika for a year, then things would open up. Paris has certainly impressed as you point out in the recent all-star games, and being MVP in that impressive group makes quite a statement. I just wish she was a 2/3 instead of a 1.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think your memory was pretty good, and perhaps she is now back in the mix, and potentially a better player than Todd. Her disadvantage regarding Uconn is she is a point guard that would likely have Paige and Nika ahead of her for her first two years. That is a long time to expect a player to wait.
Our most important targets for 22 are clearly either KiKi or KK. They are the highest rated remaining players we are still involved with, and can both be 2/3 players with Christyn and Evina departing. Todd appears to be plan B if we strike out on the top two, but she might have an uphill battle for playing time, whereas I would expect KiKi or KK to be part of the rotation.
As a point guard, if Paris was class of 23 or 24, her Uconn prospects would be much better. Even Arnold if we could get her in 23 would likely be glued to the bench behind Paige and Nika for a year, then things would open up. Paris has certainly impressed as you point out in the recent all-star games, and being MVP in that impressive group makes quite a statement. I just wish she was a 2/3 instead of a 1.
This may surprise or even shock you! I love Paulina's swag-she is a Jersey Girl. Not only do I consider her a better player and fit for UCONN than Todd but I also consider her a better player than either KK or Nika. Don't remember if ND made her top 8 when she down selected but I wouldn't be surprise given ND's recruiting connection in that state. @Dillon77 you hearing anything from the bench regarding miss Paris?

Reaction Score
This may surprise or even shock you! I love Paulina's swag-she is a Jersey Girl. Not only do I consider her a better player and fit for UCONN than Todd but I also consider her a better player than either KK or Nika. Don't remember if ND made her top 8 when she down selected but I wouldn't be surprise given ND's recruiting connection in that state. @Dillon77 you hearing anything from the bench regarding miss Paris?
Here was her top 8

Reaction Score

I'd be very surprised if Todd has an offer and I've got a feeling Arnold winds up at either Duke or No. Carolina. I think Fulwiley will keep her away from So. Carolina. No info, JMO.

Reaction Score

What gives you the impression that she is a plan B?
I'd be very surprised if Todd has an offer and I've got a feeling Arnold winds up at either Duke or No. Carolina. I think Fulwiley will keep her away from So. Carolina. No info, JMO.
I'm of this sentiment. Never got the impression the interest was mutual.

Reaction Score
Doubtful that would mean she willing to sit behind Diamond Johnson and Madison Hayes for 2 season. Also keep in mind that she de-committed to me that might indicate someone new in the picture and not someone in her original 8.
Hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits