August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the roster of the Missouri Phenom?

This is the team that played in Iowa this past weekend.
D875EC4A-77D0-4068-84D1-7E3C7FB2D361.jpeg

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This is the team that played in Iowa this past weekend.
View attachment 57757
Thank you. Most, if not all of those players, are from the Kansas City area. I asked because I was wondering if any were from the St. Louis area. I did not think we had enough players of that caliber in St. Louis this year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn showing interest in top-10 guard Chloe Clardy ('23), a player I have said in the past the Huskies should go after.

Video of Clardy at the link too.

"She blew up last year and started getting her offers, but this year it has been ridiculous," said Allen. "I am pretty sure she has offers from every top-25 program with the exception of UCONN and they are talking to her. My phone rings every single day with a coach asking me if I can get Chloe to call them."

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Clardy was impressive in the Geico Nationals a couple years ago and I believe she was a freshman. May have not been that tourney but I feel like it was televised and that’s the only one I can think of at the moment.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clardy was impressive in the Geico Nationals a couple years ago and I believe she was a freshman. May have not been that tourney but I feel like it was televised and that’s the only one I can think of at the moment.

Might be thinking of last summer's JR NBA Championships. She struck me as a Husky almost immediately.

Reaction Score

I remember her playing well at Boo Williams last year. If she is a 2023 wouldn’t her freshman year have been this past year?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I like that Del Rosario keeps the ball high. When she gets an offensive rebound she puts it up without bringing it below shoulder level. Her footwork looks good as well. It looks like she is getting good coaching.

Seems to play aggressively as well.

Very advanced for a young post player.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Northeastern girl. If I was a betting man, I would guess UConn, but I know Dawn has been working her for a while - so I have hope.

She certainly is the "Big" that y'all fans keep screaming about.
If UConn gets Betts with Ice on the way, she won't really be needed. Without Betts she'd be a welcome addition.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If UConn gets Betts with Ice on the way, she won't really be needed. Without Betts she'd be a welcome addition.
I love Betts don't get me wrong but the idea of having DeBerry, Brady and Del Rosario spread over 3 different classes could give UCONN WBB a solid post foundation and continuity for 6 years.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I love Betts don't get me wrong but the idea of having DeBerry, Brady and Del Rosario spread over 3 different classes could give UCONN WBB a solid post foundation and continuity for 6 years.
Is Brady a pure five? I thought I remember seeing her play on the perimeter quite a bit.

Reaction Score
Hey Jordy G! What happened to your Gordon Gekko mantra? The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good. Greed is right.

Reaction Score
Is Brady a pure five? I thought I remember seeing her play on the perimeter quite a bit.
I think she’s a classic 4. Very mobile and a willing banger inside. Good shooter including 3s plus a good passer. And defensively and on the boards it’s like having two 5s in the game. An excellent pairing with either DeBerry or Betts if she came to UConn as a serious high-low problem.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No I see Brady as a Morgan Tuck and (dare I say it) A' Ja Wilson hybrid. Brady has a decent 3 ball and I expect Geno will play her all over the floor as he did Morgan to create mismatches.

Reaction Score
No I see Brady as a Morgan Tuck and (dare I say it) A' Ja Wilson hybrid. Brady has a decent 3 ball and I expect Geno will play her all over the floor as he did Morgan to create mismatches.
A close friend and basketball fanatic who has seen Brady play several times feels she has similar skills to Stewie. He felt the comparison to Tuck was a good one as well but advised that Brady had a stronger outside game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Article on '22 Shay Bollin's recruitment. Sounds like Duke is a heavy frontrunner:
Interesting read. Never knew Shay placed such a high premium on academics. Hopefully @CamrnCrz1974 and @triaddukefan read the article. I'll summarize: Shay Bollin is holding a Stanford offer and was excited to get a call from Kara and now sounds like she is headed to Duke. Duke, welcome back to WCBB .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom