August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Though I still don't think Betts will be coming to Storrs, this can't hurt.
Btw. Lauren has a 6'1" 13 year old younger sister who also plays basketball well. She recently played in a 16u tournament and held her own.
Couple of thoughts. There is only one UCONN commit in the most crowded picture and I'm predicting there will be more. Someone will eventually ask you to identify these players so here goes:
L-R: Saylor Poffenbarger (UCONN), Londynn Jones, Olivia Miles (ND ) Payton Verhulst (Louisville), Sonia Citron (ND) Lauren Betts & KK Bransford. Bonus observations: Saylor is going to be a handful on the wing at UCONN. Lauren Betts is rocking Nike so I still like UCONN's chances. :D I see you Londynn in those Jordan low cut retro 11- I'm sooo.... jealous.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Also in the 2022 class:

Ashlyn Watkins at 11 years old. 11 year old girl 5th grader (Ashlyn Watkins) dunk in game By Carlos Jackson

at 15 in game on regulation goal: This 14-year-old baller just dunked on her competition

She dunked in a playoff game this past spring but I can't find the link
Uhm... pretty sure the 11 year old was on an 8 foot rim but still impressive. The second video was legit. Miss Watkins is not going to make my wish list because I don't think Dawn will allow her to leave home.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For some reason, I enjoyed watching this video here as opposed to the non-UConn recruiting thread. Funny that. :rolleyes:
That is actually a great point. @Sluconn Husky and others, any connections (follows, mentions, visits, hints) detected between UCONN and Patterson?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@UConnCat noted that UConn had offered Patterson a week or two ago.
Wow! Somehow I missed that. Glad I asked. Patterson parents seem very level headed and thoughtful she would do well at UCONN.
My '22 prioritized updated wish list would look like this: This class is probably 3 at max for UCONN.
Brady (1)
Betts (2)
Patterson (3)
Ashlon Jackson (4)
Maya Nnaji (5)
Bollin (6)
Barker(7)
Timea Gardiner (8)
VanSlooten (9)

KK Bransford (10)
Kiki Rice (11)
Londynn Jones (12)

Reaction Score
Uhm... pretty sure the 11 year old was on an 8 foot rim but still impressive. The second video was legit. Miss Watkins is not going to make my wish list because I don't think Dawn will allow her to leave home.

I dunno. Dawn HAS been on her for awhile but you would think a hometown girl would have gone ahead and committed (though it's still very early). I would guess she has not made a decision. But . . . as long as she doesn't choose Clempsun . . .

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My '22 prioritized updated wish list would look like this: This class is probably 3 at max for UCONN.
Brady (1)
Betts (2)
Patterson (3)
Ashlon Jackson (4)
Maya Nnaji (5)
Bollin (6)
Barker(7)
Timea Gardiner (8)
VanSlooten (9)

KK Bransford (10)
Kiki Rice (11)
Londynn Jones (12)

Ashlon Jackson hinted that she might have recruiting news by the beginning of next month.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn apparently interested in rising sophomore wing Ashlynn Shade from Indiana, one of the most talked about players on the AAU circuit this summer.

Reaction Score
UConn apparently interested in rising sophomore wing Ashlynn Shade from Indiana, one of the most talked about players on the AAU circuit this summer.

Is CG a new position? Center Guard maybe?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
An Ashlynn Shade game from earlier this year. Her team is badly overmatched, but you can see some of her shooting and scoring abilities. She ended up with 15 points on 6-10 from the field including three 3's.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno said Moriah looked like someone who escaped from the 7th grade. :D

If I recall, his exact words where; "She looks like an escapee from the 8th grade." :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiki Iriafen to Stanford

Congratulations to Kiki. She'll do well there. It's hard to turn down an offer from Stanford. I didn't think she'd leave California. Don't be surprised to see her in the WNBA in 4 years. She has that kind of talent. Her parents will be grinning for the next week. :D Very nice get for the Cardinal. I'm happy for her and her family, but not for us. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69