August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
An Ashlynn Shade game from earlier this year. Her team is badly overmatched, but you can see some of her shooting and scoring abilities. She ended up with 15 points on 6-10 from the field including three 3's.

I wouldn't count on her leaving Indiana (Notre Dame). They aren't going to let home grown talent like her leave the state. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiki Iriafen to Stanford

Oxi, You should have posted this on the main board (someone has). This is BIG news. Iriafen was a huge UConn want. When I read it, I went numb for a moment. I was hoping she would come to UConn. You buried this post within a thread where everyone may not see it. This is BIG news everyone needs to see. Congrats though for breaking the story on the Boneyard. You were the first to report it!! :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Somehow I missed that. Glad I asked. Patterson parents seem very level headed and thoughtful she would do well at UCONN.
My '22 prioritized updated wish list would look like this: This class is probably 3 at max for UCONN.
Brady (1)
Betts (2)
Patterson (3)
Ashlon Jackson (4)
Maya Nnaji (5)
Bollin (6)
Barker(7)
Timea Gardiner (8)
VanSlooten (9)

KK Bransford (10)
Kiki Rice (11)
Londynn Jones (12)
Can anyone get Patterson (Fort Wayne, IN) away from ND or Watkins (Columbia, SC) away from SC?

I think we are very interested in Bransford--she has visited, I believe--and perhaps Jackson.

I see Kiki Rice going to Princeton or Stanford. Her parents both went to Yale, and her aunt (possible VPOTUS) went to Stanford.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
HANOVER — Bridgewater-Raynham’s Shay Bollin added to her already ultra-impressive basketball resume on Wednesday at the Starland Sportsplex.

Competing in the A Shot For Life Challenge, a charity basketball competition that raises money for cancer research, Bollin was crowned the best girls shooter in the state. For two hours, Bollin shot free throws, mid-range and 3-point shots at a 80.91 percent clip edging Ashland’s Kayla Madden (80.71 percent) by the narrowest of margins.

“It’s a huge honor to win,” said Bollin, a two-time Enterprise All-Scholastic who led the Trojans to a Division 1 South title in the winter. “It’s such a good cause.”

In all, over $40,000 was raised for the Dr. Curry Research Laboratory at Mass. General Hospital that pitted 17 of the top high school girls basketball players against each other.

Reaction Score
Does Betts look taller than 6'7"? She does to me!

Need one of these to confirm.

Bria Hartley.jpg

Reaction Score
1​
Azzi Fudd
98​
NoneG5-11St. John's College H.S. (DC)
2​
Olivia Miles
98​
Notre DamePG5-10Blair Academy (NJ)
3​
Saniya Rivers
98​
South CarolinaG6-0Eugene Ashley H.S. (NC)
4​
Brooke Demetre
98​
StanfordW6-2Mater Dei H.S. (CA)
5​
Amari DeBerry
98​
UConnF6-5Williamsville South H.S. (NY)
6​
Sania Feagin
98​
South CarolinaF6-3Forest Park H.S. (GA)
7​
Aaliyah Moore
98​
TexasF6-1Moore H.S. (OK)
8​
Payton Verhulst
98​
LouisvilleG6-1Bishop Miege H.S. (KS)
9​
Okikiola Iriafen
98​
StanfordF6-2Harvard Westlake H.S. (CA)
10​
Talia Von Oelhoffen
98​
Oregon State

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A while back @Sluconn Husky introduced us to Jennah Isai when UCONN had interest. I don't want us to forget about her. I don't know if UCONN still has interest but this girl can play. She had ligament damage and could not participate in USA basketball U16-where she had a good shot of making the team. One other UCONN connection her and Ice Brady were a pretty dynamic punch on the AAU circuit for Cal Sparks.
Jennah recently announced she is transferring to a private school because of lack of competition on the high school circuit. If Jennah is looking to be similarly challenged in college she could probably get a good run in at UCONN.

Reaction Score
A while back @Sluconn Husky introduced us to Jennah Isai when UCONN had interest. I don't want us to forget about her. I don't know if UCONN still has interest but this girl can play. She had ligament damage and could not participate in USA basketball U16-where she had a good shot of making the team. One other UCONN connection her and Ice Brady were a pretty dynamic punch on the AAU circuit for Cal Sparks.
Jennah recently announced she is transferring to a private school because of lack of competition on the high school circuit. If Jennah is looking to be similarly challenged in college she could probably get a good run in at UCONN.

But can she wear her hair in a bun? That's the real question. Lol.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Ice and Isai would go well together. It even sounds good. I appoint you to find out if UConn is still interested.;) She looks good on that tape.

Reaction Score

Hard to believe she's only the 54th best player in that class. Of course that's just one guy's opinion.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe she's only the 54th best player in that class. Of course that's just one guy's opinion.
I read there was an injury. Injuries can play a role in these rankings.. I think that is largely why Ducharme is under valued.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I read there was an injury. Injuries can play a role in these rankings.. I think that is largely why Ducharme is under valued.
As I mentioned in the post that knee injury cost her a chance to try out for USA U16 team. If she had made the team she surely would have been ranked higher. For example KK Bransford was the lowest '23 to make the squad and she was #9 so Jennah would probably have been top 25 player if she made the team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
An article from July in the post linked to below stated that '23 Madison Booker received an offer from UConn. That sentence has since been edited to state that she has received interest from UConn, not an offer.

The original line followed by the adjusted one:

“In terms of recruiting, Madison has received offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Alabama, and UCONN which she said was her "biggest."

In terms of recruiting, Madison has received offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee, and Alabama. She is also receiving interest from UCONN.”

Reaction Score
Three other articles noting players with potential UConn interest: Amiya Joyner (NC - ‘22), Milaysia Fulwiley (SC - ‘23), and Joyce Edwards (SC - ‘24).
- Electrifying 5-Star guard Milaysia Fulwiley feels blessed
The latest school to text her is the University of Connecticut.

"UCONN texted me and I have to call them," said Fulwiley.

- Joyce Edwards, a talent on the basketball court and in classroom

"The University of South Carolina, Kentucky, Yale, Harvard, UCONN, there are a lot of colleges, probably 25 colleges that are recruiting me," said Edwards, who has an offer from South Carolina.

- 2022 6’2 Amiya Joyner (Farmville HS) proving to be more than a post player - Phenom Hoop Report

Only a sophomore, Joyner holds offers from North Carolina, Wake Forest, East Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Clemson, with East Carolina and Pittsburgh really recruiting her hard. She also has picked up interest from NC State and UConn as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
- Joyce Edwards, a talent on the basketball court and in classroom

"The University of South Carolina, Kentucky, Yale, Harvard, UCONN, there are a lot of colleges, probably 25 colleges that are recruiting me," said Edwards, who has an offer from South Carolina.

Was just going to post about Edwards.

She is Blue Star's #4 in the '24 class.

According to MaxPreps, she averaged 21 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 4.7 steals, and 3 blocks while shooting 55% as an 8th grader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom