August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Betts #1 in her class. Tried to find video on her this morning and found just 2 tiny and essentially worthless videos. Can anyone come up with some?

Reaction Score
Some of the best HS players have been in Maryland. Didnt hear about any UCONN coaches in attendance but Kiki Rice was there. @3threattraining has some highlight videos posted.

Reaction Score
Looks like we have a new member of the team!

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 1.08.11 PM.png

UCONN WBB ADDS WALK-ON AUTUMN CHASSION

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh wow! When was the last time a walk-on was added? Any film on her?

She has a hudl profile with alot of edited game clips

Also a very detailed story on her

Interesting recruiting background

While (Coach) Taylor feels like Chassion has been overlooked by colleges due to her size, she currently has an offer on the table from LSU Eunice and has interest from other schools, including Loyola University New Orleans along with a pair of Ivy League schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good for her signing up for the challenge. Her highschool's valedictorian.... Geno likes the smart ones... I wonder how everyone got connected...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2021, 6’4, PF/C, Harvard Westlake HS, KiKi Iriafen

- All around athlete, highly athletic, very skilled, tenacious rebounder and just a menace on the court for anyone trying to guard her. High Major talent for sure, shoots the ball out to the free throw line, skilled with left or right over the shoulder post play. This kid is one of the toughest defenders as well and plays with a very high IQ for the game. Always makes the right play and is still growing in my opinion.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins vs Eden Prairie - Feb 11, 2020

Numerous threes and several highlight-reel passes in this 23 point, 8 rebound, 10 assist, 9 steal, 3 block performance from Paige.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige reminds me of Gretzky the more I see her. She exits for good at the 35:30 mark.

Lake Conference home opener: Edina at Hopkins Girls Basketball on January 7, 2020

It was the 13th game of 2020 season, but the first Lake Conference game of the year. Hopkins would win 82-27....Paige Bueckers, in just 18 minutes of court time, scored 22 with 8 assists and 8 steals.

Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger taking in AAU action along with UConn players of interest Bransford, Rice, and Jones, along with Notre Dame recruits Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron.

No blond hair for Saylor? Hmm. Salon closed because of Covid?

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Saylor changed her hair color last week . She's going incognito. :)
The state governing body for Saylor's HS, the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association, is postponing the fall and winter high school sports seasons. Basketball practice normally starts in mid November, so the earliest she will have team practice is January. Teams usually play some games and holiday tournaments in December so even in a best case scenario the season will be shortened.

The WCAC also postponed fall sports. I can't find any specific announcement about winter sports but Azzi may be in the same boat.

Reaction Score
Though I still don't think Betts will be coming to Storrs, this can't hurt.
Btw. Lauren has a 6'1" 13 year old younger sister who also plays basketball well. She recently played in a 16u tournament and held her own.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The state governing body for Saylor's HS, the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association, is postponing the fall and winter high school sports seasons. Basketball practice normally starts in mid November, so the earliest she will have team practice is January. Teams usually play some games and holiday tournaments in December so even in a best case scenario the season will be shortened.
The WCAC also postponed fall sports. I can't find any specific announcement about winter sports but Azzi may be in the same boat.
They all may eventually be in the same boat of having no fall or winter sports. Azzi's school is private and located in the DC. Maryland also has some very good private schools that are struggling for attendance, I wouldn't be surprised to see some kids switch schools for a year just because of this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom