Aubrey Griffin to UConn | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin to UConn

Reaction Score
Per the UConn Women's Basketball FB page:

STORRS, Conn. – Head coach Geno Auriemma announced the signing of 2019 freshman guard Aubrey Griffin to the UConn women's basketball team Tuesday.

Griffin, a 6-1 wing from Ossining, N.Y., is ESPN's No. 33 overall recruit in her class and No. 6 at her position.

As a junior, Griffin averaged 28.3 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.2 steals, 2.9 assists and 1.6 blocks at Ossining High School after missing her sophomore season to injury. Griffin was named the New York Section 1 Player of the Year and was an all-state selection. She has helped Ossining to three straight regional and section 1 championships and the 2016 New York State Championship.

Griffin was one of 18 finalists for the 2018 USA Basketball U-17 Team.

Griffin comes from an established athletic family. Her father, Adrian, played basketball at Seton Hall and in the NBA for nine seasons and is currently an assistant for the Toronto Raptors. Her mother, Audrey, ran track at Seton Hall. Griffin's older brother, Alan, is a freshman on Illinois' basketball team. She also has a younger brother, Adrian Jr., and an older sister, Vanessa.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

STORRS, Conn. – Head coach Geno Auriemma announced the signing of 2019 freshman guard Aubrey Griffin to the UConn women's basketball team Tuesday.

Griffin, a 6-1 wing from Ossining, N.Y., is ESPN's No. 33 overall recruit in her class and No. 6 at her position.

As a junior, Griffin averaged 28.3 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.2 steals, 2.9 assists and 1.6 blocks at Ossining High School after missing her sophomore season to injury. Griffin was named the New York Section 1 Player of the Year and was an all-state selection. She has helped Ossining to three straight regional and section 1 championships and the 2016 New York State Championship.

Griffin comes from an established athletic family. Her father, Adrian, played basketball at Seton Hall and in the NBA for nine seasons and is currently an assistant for the Toronto Raptors. Her mother, Audrey, ran track at Seton Hall. Griffin's older brother, Alan, is a freshman on Illinois' basketball team. She also has a younger brother, Adrian Jr., and an older sister, Vanessa.
Ah, not a good sign. :(

Reaction Score
Ummm, no. Usually when a University announces their class, that's the class.

I thought Stanford and ND have also announced their class. I guess that leaves SC?

Reaction Score

The final nail in the coffin of the 2018-2019 senior class recruiting debacle. UGH! I know we have a lot of optimist on the board, but this is 100% proof that Jones isn't coming here.

Mark it down, she is going to South Carolina.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It’s good enough! To have zero players sign is not good so I wouldn’t say it’s not a good sign!
Not good enough for me.

Reaction Score
Well I guess this means plenty of room for 2020 and 2021 recruits. Gonna have lots of schollies to give out. Lose KLS and Collier this year, and Crystal Dangerfield, Bent, Batouly, and Kyla after next season. That's six players out and only one in.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No, they weren't.
You are correct. What I “mis-remembered” as spring signings, was actually later announcements on Kyla & Molly after UConn signed Crystal but lost out on Cox.

Reaction Score
SC also announced their class and then they made a 2nd announcement on Boston.
Well I can't see Geno not waiting the extra day before putting out the press release. Maybe Haley is making all her calls today to let the coaches know her decision before announcing first thing tomorrow morning. Perhaps Geno just received his thanks but no thanks call. South Carolina put theirs out a few weeks ago, so maybe they didn't seriously think they were in the running for Boston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom