Griffin has made her choice! #BleedBlue

Attachments

• 66D7D171-DE87-4B55-959F-C828A3DFC48D.jpeg
    66D7D171-DE87-4B55-959F-C828A3DFC48D.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 201

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
OK. So now the nervous nellies can worry that her commitment will deter others? :rolleyes::rolleyes:Head bang

As for me, HOORAY!!!!
Yes, that was my question on another thread: So, let's be optimistic and say UConn does land three of its four targets. For argument sake, let's say it's the law firm of Boston & Horston plus Griffin. What impact does that have on the Huskies recruiting top prospects such as Bueckers, Van Lith and Brink the following season? I've heard that good players want to play with good players but can there be too much of a good thing?
--Still Nervous Golden

Reaction Score
Yes, that was my question on another thread: So, let's be optimistic and say UConn does land three of its four targets. For argument sake, let's say it's the law firm of Boston & Horston plus Griffin. What impact does that have on the Huskies recruiting top prospects such as Bueckers, Van Lith and Brink the following season? I've heard that good players want to play with good players but can there be too much of a good thing?
--Still Nervous Golden

Only if those "good" players see themselves as the center of the universe. From what I have seen and read about UConn's 2019/2020 targets this is not the case. On the contrary, from what I saw of the U17 tourney the opposite is the case.

Reaction Score
Only if those "good" players see themselves as the center of the universe. From what I have seen and read about UConn's 2019/2020 targets this is not the case. On the contrary, from what I saw of the U17 tourney the opposite is the case.

Think of it this way, The games would be a whole lot more interesting if all the good players didn't end up on 3 or 4 teams. WBB will be a whole lot better when the talent gets spread out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A dream fulfilled. Let me jump on the bandwagon and chime in. THIS is the kind of news/announcement I want to see.

She didn't waste much time in making or announcing her decision.

“It was really hard for her,” Dan Ricci, Ossining girls basketball coach said. “She really loved Louisville — the staff and everything about the place. It came down to wanting to stay closer to home where her mom could watch her play, and also dreaming of playing for the mecca of women’s basketball — UConn.”

Wanting their parents to be able to watch them play often tips the scales in favor of the "local" school. ;)

Welcome to the family Aubrey. We're very happy you are joining the fold. You just picked up millions of fans all across the country. :D Now let's see if some of the other recruits on UConn's radar follow suit, and fall in line. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Think of it this way, The games would be a whole lot more interesting if all the good players didn't end up on 3 or 4 teams. WBB will be a whole lot better when the talent gets spread out.

If parity is the goal then you are right. Me, I want to watch perfectly beautiful teamwork and don't really care about the score. (As long as UConn wins) When I look at the 2019-2001 classes I see a potential golden age at CT. Let everyone else cheer on their football teams. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If parity is the goal then you are right. Me, I want to watch perfectly beautiful teamwork and don't really care about the score. (As long as UConn wins) When I look at the 2019-2001 classes I see a potential golden age at CT. Let everyone else cheer on their football teams. :)

Parity is nice, and makes for good healthy competition among contemporaries. UConn has lost out on too many coveted recruits they really really wanted the last 3-4 years. If by chance, the pendulum swings in the "other" direction over the next 3 years, and UConn can restock the roster with 6-8 five five star "blue chip" players, that would be great. I'm very interested to see how many COVETED recruits Geno and staff can "bag" over the next 3 years.

Geno is a legendary coach, we all know that. His record speaks for itself, but he's got to have talented players that can fit into and play in his system, if UConn is to continue winning championships. UConn cannot swing and miss on the top rated talent coming out of high school, and remain among the elite programs in WCBB.

Being a coach in D1 basketball has become a 12 month a year job, because you're recruiting 12 months a year. Your chief rivals are, you have too also. If not, you get swept under in their wake. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno clearly ain't retiring soon.

A very interesting observation. I suspect you are right, to the consternation of various folks. I loves me tall combo guards. That knee better be well heeled. She has absolutely come back strong; don't want no Sue Bird freshman season. :rolleyes:

And we do need a happy song to celebrate!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom