Aubrey Griffin to UCONN!!!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin to UCONN!!!!!

Reaction Score
Griffin would be considered a top 20 player if not for the time she missed due to her ACL surgery....she should be a very valuable member of the team.....that said the other three recruits may possibly have a higher impact should they pick UConn
I completely agree. The injury so early in her high school career really impacts the ranking. Someone like Ono or Tuck only had their ranking go down a few spots since they had already established themselves in their high school career.

Reaction Score
Based on the timing, it's not clear that Aubrey gave the silent verbal I had heard about. But she may have.

I think we get at least 1 more in this class. I'm not sure we will get all 4, but I think 3 is the number.

3rdbass: THAT is even more encouraging....thanks for chiming in as you are "The Man" on this.
math. And three sounds pretty good as well. Round numbers like 4 do have substantial appeal as well. ( :

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I completely agree. The injury so early in her high school career really impacts the ranking. Someone like Ono or Tuck only had their ranking go down a few spots since they had already established themselves in their high school career.

After her ACL was rehabbed and she got back on the court she went up 20+/- in the rankings in 4 months. Her coach says "you have never seen anything like her." Powerful words from a coach who knows talent.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wasn’t Kia Nurse ranked 33rd in her class? I think UConn did pretty well with her :rolleyes:
Not only was Kia ranked #33 in that 2014 class she was also the lowest ranked of the four UCONN recruits that year. Kia was behind Gabby #14, Sadie #17 and Courtney #31.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
BAMA: Thank you. I see you like winners too. But, " literary Lazarus??" My pals from Bama in college didn't talk like that. Somethin wrong with y'all?....(using the singular here as you know). And, hey, Milford is still on here....let's get rid of the suspense!
I must admit that I learned to talk in Pennsylvania at a few very good schools. When I moved to Birmingham , Al 33 years ago that faculty traveled with me. It took many years and the hard work of my Bama born and bred wife to teach me how to talk like y'all. Now I am "fixin' to" wish you well. Go Huskies!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The rating services frequently elevate UConn’s lower rated recruits following their senior year in HS. UConn has a pattern of turning such players into stars. Steph became a 2 time AA, Kia the NDPOY and the list goes on and on. To some degree, I believe the rating services show deference to Geno, understanding that he knows far more than they do when it comes to recruits.

So mark my word on this. When the rating services make their final updates to the Class of 2019, Aubrey Griffin will move up several spots. I’m guessing she will come in somewhere in the 24-27 range.

Reaction Score
As posted previously, ratings often based more on offense. UConn has won many championships as much on work ethic and defense as the ability to shoot the ball. To me, this is a perfect UConn recruit.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
One down and maybe one more to go. Maybe. It's time for some Boneyarders to go back on the ledge.

Reaction Score
Might take her over Bell, but definitely not Jackson. Lots of people had her as a lock for U17. She’s bigger and more athletic than Griffin. More skilled too.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Might take her over Bell, but definitely not Jackson. Lots of people had her as a lock for U17. She’s bigger and more athletic than Griffin. More skilled too.
Jackson has the height, but more athletic? Jackson can't dunk, as can Griffin, run as fast, shoot as well from the arc, nor cover on the perimeter with agility. For size, I'll take Boston over Jackson all day and twice on the weekend.

Reaction Score
Another big factor in rankings is visibility. Ossining doesn't play in national tournaments and I don't think Griffin played on a national AAU team. Then she missed her sophomore year. But she was all-state in her freshman year for her NY section.

Reaction Score
Potentially another Gabby! Great add.

Although they seem to be comparable, Williams and Griffin are quite different from each other. Even though Williams was a guard in HS, she is a lot bigger(muscle wise), a better defender and rebounder, and has a more polished inside game. Griffin has a better handle, is a better shooter, and is more adept at handling the ball on the perimeter. Both have great athleticism, but Williams is arguably the greatest athlete to ever play.

Reaction Score
I must admit that I learned to talk in Pennsylvania at a few very good schools. When I moved to Birmingham , Al 33 years ago that faculty traveled with me. It took many years and the hard work of my Bama born and bred wife to teach me how to talk like y'all. Now I am "fixin' to" wish you well. Go Huskies!

BAMA - nifty humor there- thanks. Having been very close to some Alabama guys in college, and having been born in PA, would be glad to hear from you on a PM to compare some notes i you'd like.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure what part of PA your're originally from, but I do note, having friends in both places, there is a great similarity between a Bama accent (y'all) and a Western PA accent (y'uns).

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Is there any expectation--I'll settle for a good guess--as to when Jones, Boston and Horston are apt to make their college choices known and, given their high rankings, are those announcements likely to feature more drama and fanfare than Griffin's austere tweet?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Not sure what part of PA your're originally from, but I do note, having friends in both places, there is a great similarity between a Bama accent (y'all) and a Western PA accent (y'uns).
I am from the suburbs of Pittsburgh, and yinz are all messed up about the similarities in accent. Those things are unique dialectical discrepancies! When I got to Alabama, the locals were appalled at my speech patterns. And now after 33 years , when I return to Pittsburgh my sister mocks my changed speech patterns. I am truly a man without a country, or in this case , a state. ;):confused::p:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Is there any expectation--I'll settle for a good guess--as to when Jones, Boston and Horston are apt to make their college choices known and, given their high rankings, are those announcements likely to feature more drama and fanfare than Griffin's austere tweet?

The early signing period starts on November 14th, I would guess that they will all make their announcements around/before then. Yes, those announcements most likely will feature more drama.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I am from the suburbs of Pittsburgh, and yinz are all messed up about the similarities in accent. Those things are unique dialectical discrepancies! When I got to Alabama, the locals were appalled at my speech patterns. And now after 33 years , when I return to Pittsburgh my sister mocks my changed speech patterns. I am truly a man without a country, or in this case , a state. ;):confused::p:rolleyes:
For what it's worth, it is my understanding that in Allegeny County yinz, y'uns, y'ins, yunz, yuns, yenz, yins, ynz and the more formal you'ins are all acceptable forms of of the particular pronoun in question...:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom