Aubrey Griffin to UCONN!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin to UCONN!!!!!

Reaction Score
happy-dance-clipart-1.jpg

damn paparazzi sneaking into my yard to take pictures again...........:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Someone tell her that the proper way to refer to her runner-up is "that school in Kentucky" ;)

Good get for the Huskies obviously. Hopefully, this will allow some folks to take a step away from the proverbial ledge.

Will all those who are stepping back please identified themselves. Remember, Geno has said very recently we have needs everywhere. Me, I'm staying near the edge.

Meanwhile, a certain person's stutter may be active today. Just kidding Jeff.

For me now the burning issue is does Aubrey's bun meet CD's dimension standards?

upload_2018-9-27_12-30-19.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Think of it this way, The games would be a whole lot more interesting if all the good players didn't end up on 3 or 4 teams. WBB will be a whole lot better when the talent gets spread out.
Because women bball players usually dont leave school early there are 96 McDonald's AA in college all the time. If the top 10 programs took 6 each that still leaves 36 more. As far as players not wanting to go to a school loaded with talent no top 10 player should ever worry that they cant get on the court. If they get there and find poor chemistry they transfer. Even in the best situation players play 30 out of 40 minutes unless the game is really close and if you are at a top school getting 20 to 25 minutes a game it probably means your team has enough depth to A carry you far, and B make you work hard in practice which makes you better. You have a lot more practices then games which is were the work is put in to improve though game time makes you better in other ways

Reaction Score
Yes, that was my question on another thread: So, let's be optimistic and say UConn does land three of its four targets. For argument sake, let's say it's the law firm of Boston & Horston plus Griffin. What impact does that have on the Huskies recruiting top prospects such as Bueckers, Van Lith and Brink the following season? I've heard that good players want to play with good players but can there be too much of a good thing?
--Still Nervous Golden

No negative impact at all. Bueckers is a 1/2, Van Lith is a 1, and Brink is a 4, while Boston is a 5, Horston is a 2, and Griffin is a 3. They all play different positions, so they would compliment each other nicely.

Reaction Score
A very interesting observation. I suspect you are right, to the consternation of various folks. I loves me tall combo guards.

And we do need a happy song to celebrate!

ROCK: don't BE just sittin there, chile....get on up and TELL us about it......whoooooooooo! Bless us with the WORD, Rock!

Reaction Score
TO ALL YARDERS: Several days ago there were strong rumors from Yarders in the know saying that we had a "silent verbal." Is this the player, or is it someone else??? Many thanks to all for answers on this

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Oh, Bama fan, I like this. It says everything you want to say in 3 short sentences. I've go to "plagiarize" this for future use, as I have a problem with brevity. :cool:
Brevity,my friend is the soul of wit, and I am proud to contribute this to your library! :D

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If parity is the goal then you are right. Me, I want to watch perfectly beautiful teamwork and don't really care about the score. (As long as UConn wins) When I look at the 2019-2001 classes I see a potential golden age at CT. Let everyone else cheer on their football teams. :)
I know what you mean, but it would only extend a golden age. The dynasty is incredibly into a generation of players born after the Tassk force committed to UConn.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
TO ALL YARDERS: Several days ago there were strong rumors from Yarders in the know saying that we had a "silent verbal." Is this the player, or is it someone else??? Many thanks to all for answers on this
Darn you, Milford. This "silent verbal" nonsense keeps rising from the dead like some literary Lazarus. A pox on your oxymoron.. Winlots, you have to take this up with our pal Milford when he gets back from Spain!

Reaction Score

This player, although some believe there has been a "silent verbal" by another player as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Darn you, Milford. This "silent verbal" nonsense keeps rising from the dead like some literary Lazarus. A pox on your oxymoron.. Winlots, you have to take this up with our pal Milford when he gets back from Spain!
Based on the timing, it's not clear that Aubrey gave the silent verbal I had heard about. But she may have.

I think we get at least 1 more in this class. I'm not sure we will get all 4, but I think 3 is the number.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, Aubrey! Once a Husky, always a Husky. We look forward to watching your senior season, welcoming you next fall, and enjoying your growth as a player and person under Geno, CD, et al.!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Aubrey, please sign your letter on the hood of dad's truck and fax it so Geno can speak to the masses (we are a small mass among many) dying to hear him speak about your great decision.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom