Attendance | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are the exception. Most folks get bored with these easy wins. I didn't watch much of the 2nd halves of either of the two games -- I wanted to see what was happening in the other matchups.
Sounds like "spoiled" to me.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Jeff Walz tweeted that they had sold 8000 so far for the Yum this weekend and wants card nation to get up to 10,000. That would still be less than half full. But it would be quite a respectable number. I hope he gets it. The Ville will put on a good show.

Reaction Score
Coming out of lurkdom to post here...
I have been a fan for many years but have only seen a few games live. At first you couldn't even get tickets. Now the main issue is the driving and parking. For night games, and especially weekday night games, the prospect of driving for over an hour, finding parking, watching the game, and then driving another hour back seems like just too much - especially when the game is televised (we are spoiled that way) and you have to work the next day.
I wonder if there couldn't be an effort to run buses from some major cities. You could presell a season package and fill in with single-gamers. I wonder how many people would need to commit to get a bus running?

Reaction Score
Jeff Walz tweeted that they had sold 8000 so far for the Yum this weekend and wants card nation to get up to 10,000. That would still be less than half full. But it would be quite a respectable number. I hope he gets it. The Ville will put on a good show.

ND has announced that it is sold out. Capacity is only ~9200 though, I believe.

Reaction Score
I have been a fan for many years but have only seen a few games live. At first you couldn't even get tickets. Now the main issue is the driving and parking. For night games, and especially weekday night games, the prospect of driving for over an hour, finding parking, watching the game, and then driving another hour back seems like just too much - especially when the game is televised (we are spoiled that way) and you have to work the next day.
I wonder if there couldn't be an effort to run buses from some major cities. You could presell a season package and fill in with single-gamers. I wonder how many people would need to commit to get a bus running?

I agree. I'm in NYC and while I would love to go to more games, the excursion is too much on a weeknight. Add to that the ease of watching most if not all games on the big screen at home and it just makes the equation, of whether to go or not, too one sided. The Yankees' and Mets' attendances have been declining for a few years now. Even the Red Sox had their consecutive sellout streak snapped. With all the games available at home, in HD no less, the urge to go to a live event has lessened to some extent.

Reaction Score
Even the Red Sox had their consecutive sellout streak snapped.

Well, some of that streak was creative accounting. I live in Bos; everyone knows that many of those games weren't sellouts.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke and Purdue should not be awarded hosting anytime soon.

:rolleyes:

Duke averaged a little over 5,000 fans this season..... so the tournament attendance was about 56-60% of the regular season average. Thats probably inline with the other schools that hosted

6:30 really is too early for a tip-off on a weekday in my opinion.. .... not sure why the NCAA couldnt have moved it to 7pm. 11am is kinda early for a Saturday game as well (in my opinion)

Looked up last years attendance in Durham for the 2 rounds.

Sunday : 3,804 Tuesday, 2,683

Reaction Score

I too wondering why they don't run buses,i also have been a fan for a long time,but I have been to many games and it really has changed.beside what you said how about parking fee,gas it takes to get up there..times have changed and UConn hasn't as far as thinking about the fans.marketing is done the same way .why can't UConn run buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom