Attendance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow pretty pathetic attendance for UCONN fans.
with the last two good teams leaving
Wow pretty pathetic attendance for UCONN fans.
what do you think attendance will be next year with three weak teams coming in and losing two good teams..the conference will have a average rpi of 147,is this fair to geno and his players

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
with the last two good teams leaving

what do you think attendance will be next year with three weak teams coming in and losing two good teams..the conference will have a average rpi of 147,is this fair to geno and his players
Who knows. Probably even less. My point about it being pathetic is that UCONN fans for years have crowed about being the best fans, the most supportive, etc etc. But when we are hosting a regional in our own backyard and are 8th on the list of hosts in attendance, that's pretty sad. Yeah we did better than PSU, Duke, Purdue, UNC, and a few others, but let's not pretend like UCONN fans are close to the most supportive of their team any longer when it comes to attendance.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Have you been to Aimes? What else do you think those people have to do?

Hey now..!

(OK you're pretty much correct, but you didn't have to come out and say it like that! :))

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
Have you been to Aimes? What else do you think those people have to do?

Heck, I wish there were more places like Iowa. They were attracting 40,000+ to their girls high school state tournaments more than a decade before Geno was even born.

We may be the captial of WCBB, but I give the high school nod for the last century to the teams of this state.

Reaction Score
Round 2

Kentucky 4700
Iowa st* 4100 <---- wow!
Duke 2800
Toledo* 3500
Tennessee 6000
Baylor 5600
Purdue 3100
LA 1000 <- eek

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I was at the game and both aides of the court were basically filled to the top for the most part. Their were some wide open blocks on the bottom that looked like reserved seats for opposing teams. My group estimated the attendance between 6,000-6,500. That's what it looked like to us.

Reaction Score
Round 2

Kentucky 4700
Iowa st* 4100 <---- wow!
Duke 2800
Toledo* 3500
Tennessee
Baylor
Purdue
LA*.
I watched the BYU/Nebraska game in LA on my computer tonight and I counted seven. But that didn't include any arena staff. Can't blame Nebraska for not traveling. They will get to see their team at the Regionals..... well not now.

Reaction Score
Round 2

Kentucky 4700
Iowa st* 4100 <---- wow!
Duke 2800
Toledo* 3500
Tennessee 6000
Baylor 5600
Purdue 3100
LA 1000 <- eek

Duke and Purdue should not be awarded hosting anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Who knows. Probably even less. My point about it being pathetic is that UCONN fans for years have crowed about being the best fans, the most supportive, etc etc. But when we are hosting a regional in our own backyard and are 8th on the list of hosts in attendance, that's pretty sad. Yeah we did better than PSU, Duke, Purdue, UNC, and a few others, but let's not pretend like UCONN fans are close to the most supportive of their team any longer when it comes to attendance.

you are right maybe its time to move the first and second round to another part of the state where it will be appreciated.it would have been better to have the rounds in Hartford or Bridgeport. iam assuming that we are still rated number 1 and can stay here.i live in Bristol and it takes a hour to get to storrs plus parking ..compare the population in the Hartford area to storrs area .what surprise me is no body has any special buses going to the game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Good news, bad news. Tonight I have the best seats I've ever had for a Gampel games for either team. Seventh row, foul line, lower bowl. Picked them up online yesterday. Good for me but those seats should have been sold already.

Reaction Score
Heck, I wish there were more places like Iowa. They were attracting 40,000+ to their girls high school state tournaments more than a decade before Geno was even born.

We may be the captial of WCBB, but I give the high school nod for the last century to the teams of this state.

I used to watch them every year. They had part of the team playing offense and another part playing defense. Interesting to watch.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do think the time slot had a lot to do with the Uconn attendance, but that is a poor number. Didn't help that spring break ended on Sunday either so campus was pretty empty.
Does anyone know the pricing comparisons on session tickets? A few years ago I remember a bit of outrage over the variation in pricing between sites with Hartford being double what some of the other sites were charging?

Reaction Score
Good news, bad news. Tonight I have the best seats I've ever had for a Gampel games for either team. Seventh row, foul line, lower bowl. Picked them up online yesterday. Good for me but those seats should have been sold already.

yes you are right the seats should have been sold..you will be able to get those seats almost all the time next year..with the quality of teams coming and ones we are losing..who wants to go to see a game when you know you are going to beat the other team by at least 40 points every night..UConn has to find a way to get out
calhou was asked about us going to the big ten and he thinks its a good idea

Reaction Score
Duke and Purdue should not be awarded hosting anytime soon.[/q

what do you think of this ,do you think timing is wrong the men and women are almost playing at the same time,would it be better to let the men finish first and then play women tournament..also I don't think the Ncaa takes enough interest in the turn out at the Ncaa tour.
if the Connecticut Sun can draw 7,000 in the SUMMER why can,t we draw that at least

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Maybe those were Georgia seat allocations that were turned back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom