Attendance Prediction | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Attendance Prediction

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Great to see Donovan calling out the students. It continues to be an embarrassment. Kudos to Dale. Always there repping in the student section. We need more hardcores. Football and Basketball. the students just don't seem to care like we used to. I really don't know what the solution is, the apathy is killing us.

We spoke w some of the students making their way back to the busses at 2:30p - they were saying that the state police rolled through and shut down the entire lot/tailgate and ordered the kids to "go in or go home" - obviously the 75% of students there in their pastel / random basketball jerseys had no intentions of going in, but telling them to "go home" an hour before kickoff is not ideal. we tried to convince some of them to join our tailgate and come in with us but they had no interest and repeatedly referenced the team sucking as to why they wouldn't come in and support their school in this game. I was actually surprised to see how many kids came in for the first half, I was expecting less based on the mass exodus leaving the parking lot at 2:30. Frustrating.

The whole thing is an abject disaster. We had a P5 home game on an absolutely perfect weather day at an ideal kickoff time.

1) The lot should be cleared at kickoff time. Not before. Not after. The tickets rules are the ticket rules. This one is easy. Kicking them out at 2:30 is making the problem worse.
2) There absolutely not be a bus back before end of 3rd quarter. I keep hearing commentary about losing the students that do come - at this point - so what? They are making 0 impact, and feel like it's their right to essentially get uber on the AD's dime. You're going to a football game - go to the #$%@%^$#$%ing game.

Stop enabling this stupidity. Go the the game, tailgate before, root on your school. If we "lose" even most of the student fans for it, it's not enough of a net loss, at this point.

Reaction Score
The kid at the gate didn't even scan my 3 tickets. Said he saw them and that was enough.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If they weren’t so smug about not going in that’d be different. I fear the wrong student crew crosses the wrong tailgate crew some day and there’s a big issue.

The issue is less about them today as students and more so wondering where the next generation of Season ticket holders comes from

Reaction Score
If they weren’t so smug about not going in that’d be different. I fear the wrong student crew crosses the wrong tailgate crew some day and there’s a big issue.

The issue is less about them today as students and more so wondering where the next generation of Season ticket holders comes from
that's an excellent point

edit: in all sports not just FB

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You get to toss the coin at the Civil War, or a free dinner with Bob Diaco. Soup counts a a dinner.

I'll pass as having dinner with the coach that should never be named at La Tech is a no go.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

We've lost nearly a decade of future season ticket holders from a student body that has seen nothing but ineptitude. Rip the bandaid and start fresh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom