Attendance Prediction | The Boneyard

Attendance Prediction

Reaction Score
Someone always starts one. I see a lot of posts indicating bigger than normal groups, weather seems to be cooperating. Can we get to 25000 actual in seats for this? Is that too low or high. That would be pretty good to me. That said I predict 21496 actual reported at 28789.

Reaction Score
Acknowledging Illinois’ decade of gridiron challenges, the NY Illini Alumni group has a large block of tickets (White lot, orange tent) https://nyc.illiniclub.org/article.html?aid=548 as well as large #s of CT and BOS Illini alumni. Hence, a good showing won’t be entirely surprising for their closest game aside from Rutgers last year (edit). No guess on actual nor reported total butts in seats.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Will probably be one of our two highest attended games of the year. B1G fans travel. I’m not sure if Illinois has a big NYC alumni base like some schools or if it’s not a big deal now with Rutgers.

Which is a really depressing number for one of our biggest crowds of the year.

Reaction Score
28,500. I would like to see the student section at least 3/4 full. That would be big plus. I know its asking much for them to get there at kickoff but we need all the enthusiasm we can get.

Reaction Score
Will probably be one of our two highest attended games of the year. B1G fans travel. I’m not sure if Illinois has a big NYC alumni base like some schools or if it’s not a big deal now with Rutgers.

Which is a really depressing number for one of our biggest crowds of the year.
I would be surprised to see that many people. I think the line went up to 21 points so the odds makers think we will lose by at least 3 touchdowns.

Reaction Score
last week it looked like there were about 9k people in the stadium. Hard to imagine we will more than double that.

Reaction Score
17,500 turnstyle

Speaking of turnstyles, I have to comment about entering the game last week at gate C. Although all of the metal detectors were lit up, only half of them were actually manned by security personnel. As a result, the lines to get into the stadium moved at a snail's pace. The student entrance, directly to the left of Gate C was even slower as only 2 out of 8 detectors were manned. If this "cost cutting" policy continues at games with larger anticipated crowds, who's to blame fans from getting into their vehicles & driving to watch the game at Margaritas or some other sports bar?

Reaction Score
Until this program turns it around, we won't see more than 18K in the stadium. Maybe a bump as I suspect that Illinois travels pretty well as a B1G team. 8 years of this, two very poor hires, and multiple coordinators, it's tough to get the fans back.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
A friend's daughter who is a sophomore said that lots of students are planning on going...or at least tailgating. It's a good name opponent and a good time for a game. I'll guess 23K.

On a related note, as we move forward as an independent, I'd love for them to keep the 3:30 game time. You get to sleep in a bit and get home and pass out at a reasonable hour. I don't see a reason, at the moment, that we can't try to influence our hours to a future TV partner. Trash these weekday games entirely.

Reaction Score
Speaking of turnstyles, I have to comment about entering the game last week at gate C. Although all of the metal detectors were lit up, only half of them were actually manned by security personnel. As a result, the lines to get into the stadium moved at a snail's pace. The student entrance, directly to the left of Gate C was even slower as only 2 out of 8 detectors were manned. If this "cost cutting" policy continues at games with larger anticipated crowds, who's to blame fans from getting into their vehicles & driving to watch the game at Margaritas or some other sports bar?
I thought crowd was a little bigger than my modest hopes last week. That said the lines were awful to get in. I had to pick up my season tickets at gate b so I saw gate d where I usually go in, gate c and gate b. All were terrible and the student backup was beyond ridiculous. They need to figure this out. It's a fact of life that people wait to last minute and I get security concerns but they have to do better. WhAt would happen with even a decent sized crowd?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, unlike last year, I won't sit through beat downs of epic levels. Far to many things to do this time of year.

Reaction Score
Ignorance is bliss does not have any affect here. Our state knows we should have won big last game. I’m just grateful for the victory.

Reaction Score
A 3:30 is easier than a noon or 8.....I’m gonna say 30K

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom