Attendance Prediction | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Attendance Prediction

Reaction Score
There was no reason to leave early today. They played good and were in it until the end. Very concerning.

Still no buzz, especially with the students. Student section was fairly full at the start but made zero noise. If they aren't into the team i get it, but it's still depressing.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Still no buzz, especially with the students. Student section was fairly full at the start but made zero noise. If they aren't into the team i get it, but it's still depressing.

Section 241 was the loudest it's been in 2 years. If the students couldn't get into it, that's on them...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know it's not generally accepted to call out the students, but I was fuming! I'm tired of looking over there and only seeing Dale (blue white kid). It's bull. If all you want to do is get drunk, stay at the dorm and let UConn give those tickets out for free too...
I saw a ton of students roaming the lots (and migrating from the vacant lots down silver lane) with backpacks. I’d love to see them add backpacks to the list of banned things in the lots. If you’re a student walking around blue lot in a backpack it’s a guarantee you have no interest in stepping foot in the stadium.

I will say I thought the student section was pretty full (until halftime). At this point the students have no idea how to cheer at a football game anyways so it’s purely just for aesthetics (gotta say a lot of the girls bring a lot in that department.)

Reaction Score
Section 241 was the loudest it's been in 2 years. If the students couldn't get into it, that's on them...

They don't even stand up, they don't do/know the stick it in chant...you know they are dead if drunk college kids won't even do a chant with sexual innuendos, and they made no noise on defense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I saw a ton of students roaming the lots (and migrating from the vacant lots down silver lane) with backpacks. I’d love to see them add backpacks to the list of banned things in the lots. If you’re a student walking around blue lot in a backpack it’s a guarantee you have no interest in stepping foot in the stadium.

I will say I thought the student section was pretty full (until halftime). At this point the students have no idea how to cheer at a football game anyways so it’s purely just for aesthetics (gotta say a lot of the girls bring a lot in that department.)

They started clearing out late in the second quarter and I lost my mind. I told my son they were idiots...

Reaction Score
I know it's not generally accepted to call out the students, but I was fuming! I'm tired of looking over there and only seeing Dale (blue white kid). It's bull. If all you want to do is get drunk, stay at the dorm and let UConn give those tickets out for free too...
They don't even stand up, they don't do/know the stick it in chant...you know they are dead if drunk college kids won't even do a chant with sexual innuendos, and they made no noise on defense.

Reaction Score
You knew they were newbies when they chanted "Let's go Huskies!" when we were about to run a play in the red zone.

They're college kids - many are there just for the social aspect and to drink. They have very little investment in how the team is performing. It's nothing new with them, but seems to be unique with UConn for whatever reasons.

Reaction Score
Perhaps this is part of the problem when you start taking only smart kids into the University. When they took me in the mid 90s I was a so so student who cared more about sports than a test. There used to be a lot of us LOL.
Maybe next game the student section is where they should put all the high school teams that show up now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Section 202 was pretty good as well, though early on the youngsters behind us came around as the game went on.

I will add one Illinois fan who has never been to The Rent enjoyed the venue and said he would like to come back to watch UConn since he is not close to seeing Illinois at their home. I told him to come on out as we will make him feel welcome, especially if he is rooting for the Huskies unlike today.

Reaction Score
You knew they were newbies when they chanted "Let's go Huskies!" when we were about to run a play in the red zone.

They're college kids - many are there just for the social aspect and to drink. They have very little investment in how the team is performing. It's nothing new with them, but seems to be unique with UConn for whatever reasons.
Most of the current students have never seen competitive UConn football. It’ll take some winning to get the kids to care about it.

Reaction Score
The students are clearly more apathetic than Jimmy Serrano. Takes a winning culture for the students to care and that's something we've been lacking for a while.

Reaction Score
Place was light given a B1G opponent. But, noise level was as high as it’s been in years. I think they announced 21,000, but that seemed generous. A couple of wins and good showings, and I hope people come back. A real football game broke out today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom