Attendance Prediction for USF | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Attendance Prediction for USF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope we break 30,000. The weather is great to get people out for football but the noon start means much of the younger crowd will be in after the first quarter.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
God I still hope we have a good turnout

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
With a 10:30 AM start the student section is going to small and those who normally come up from Fairfield County will be late or non-existent. 22,000.

Reaction Score
Partly cloudy and 70 degrees. 30,000 plus.

I think moving the time up lowers the turnout by a few thousand. The athletic dept has absolutely no understanding that they are competing for attendance. Scheduling last weeks game on a school night put them in conflict with many parents and grandparents who will not let kids out that late.
I don't want to sound hardhearted, but moving this Saturday's game up to breakfast time puts it in direct conflict wide soccer. It will be several years until I buy season tickets again that include school age kids. , it's just money down the drain.

Reaction Score
I think moving the time up lowers the turnout by a few thousand. The athletic dept has absolutely no understanding that they are competing for attendance. Scheduling last weeks game on a school night put them in conflict with many parents and grandparents who will not let kids out that late.

You're a season ticket holder, and member here for 4+ years who still doesn't realize that they (almost) always open the season Thursday night before labor day at home?

Reaction Score
I don't want to sound hardhearted, but moving this Saturday's game up to breakfast time puts it in direct conflict wide soccer. It will be several years until I buy season tickets again that include school age kids. , it's just money down the drain.
Would you rather them not play at all? Because that's probably what they were up against.

Reaction Score
I leave my kids home. They're energy vampires at a tailgate.

Reaction Score
As a USF fan, I hope you do.

Perhaps, that will get our coach to revert to the offense we employed last year, so we can salvage this season.

I'm hoping for some Voodoo 5, along with some field storming :)

However, if you do win - please run the table and represent the conference!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I'm hoping for some Voodoo 5, along with some field storming :)

However, if you do win - please run the table and represent the conference!

Sad to say, we remember 'Voodoo 5' all too well.

We've never won any conference championship, and our offense is not clicking as expected, so I'm not very optimistic at the moment. But, it's still early in the season and, perhaps, we will get back on track.

Good luck to UConn, in your other games.

Reaction Score
You're a season ticket holder, and member here for 4+ years who still doesn't realize that they (almost) always open the season Thursday night before labor day at home?
I have been a season ticket holder since the Rent opened. Tha attendance is always terrible on the opening Thursday both because it's a school night and because it's the beginning of the Lsbor day weekend for many. Add that to the fact that they play an FCAS opponent and it's a receipe for poor attendance. You would think the powers that be could figure out why attendance is so bad. Add that to last minute needless changes like this plus tv not wanting to fix times in advance and it no longer pays to get season tickets. Benedict is doing a lot of things right, but this is not one of them.
Yes, I'm pissed. I hate throwing money away.

Reaction Score
I like the Thursday opener heading into Labor Day. Just starts the holiday on a good vibe. I do wish we could upgrade to a mid-level P5 opponent and take a shot for a consequential early W... like an Indiana

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Most fans with kids are not leaving for the Labor Day weekend on Thursday because school starts the day before. They are not taking them out of school two days after the start of the year. I'm not saying that kids are accompanying the parents, but the families who have tickets are probably in town.

All due respect, dutch, but if you've had season tickets for the past six years, the Thursday Night opener being the last straw is a cop out, IMHO.

Reaction Score
I have been a season ticket holder since the Rent opened. Tha attendance is always terrible on the opening Thursday both because it's a school night and because it's the beginning of the Lsbor day weekend for many. Add that to the fact that they play an FCAS opponent and it's a receipe for poor attendance. You would think the powers that be could figure out why attendance is so bad. Add that to last minute needless changes like this plus tv not wanting to fix times in advance and it no longer pays to get season tickets. Benedict is doing a lot of things right, but this is not one of them.
Yes, I'm pissed. I hate throwing money away.
Most fans with kids are not leaving for the Labor Day weekend on Thursday because school starts the day before. They are not taking them out of school two days after the start of the year. I'm not saying that kids are accompanying the parents, but the families who have tickets are probably in town.

All due respect, dutch, but if you've had season tickets for the past six years, the Thursday Night opener being the last straw is a cop out, IMHO.

Exactly. Thursday night openers are nothing new for us.

The thing I love most about people making the argument is that it's the beginning of Labor day weekend for too many people.

So all those people who can't make the Thursday night game because they are headed somewhere to celebrate the Labor Day weekend are going to come home for a Saturday game?

Kanye-Meme.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score

And for every person that can't attend the Thursday night game because of school the next day, there will be another that goes away Fri-Mon and wouldn't be able to make it to a Saturday game.

Reaction Score
I hope not. That seems kind of ridiculous. We just beat undefeated Houston the season before last. We should certainly roar with approval but storming is a bit much. This is a fan base used to national titles. Granted, they aren't in football but still, let's show some restraint in game 2 of a long season.

If we beat South Florida, I'll storm the field with the other ridiculous fans! After 6 years of misery, a win over a ranked team is field storming material! As far as restraint goes, I will use it now by not telling you how I really feel about your misguided post.

The Houston game field storming was awesome!

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm going to stay up and say we'll have 30,000 on Saturday (which would be a miracle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom