Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For context,

Maine 2016: 29k
UVA 2016: 31k
Syracuse 2016: 32k
Holy Cross 2017: 25k

Prediction for USF 2017: 29-30k

Considering the game is now on a Saturday and not during the week against a team that I assume stays in the top 25 I'll say 29-30k. While I'm optimistic about certain things we saw against Holy Cross, it was not what a program that has been less than mediocre for 6 years needed to show people in the state of Connecticut that UConn football is back. The decrease between home openers from 2016 to 2017 is a big red flag at the moment in terms of how fed up people are so even a top 25 opponent I'm guessing doesn't get people to turn up when the home team has yet to convince anyone they are competitive.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

this is one of the few familiar opponents on the schedule and they're in the top 25. It'll be a nice showing for the UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Beating USF would result in attendance being higher in future games. This is the game many staying home will use as a barometer regarding whether or not it is worthwhile to attend future games. If we win or almost win, home attendance will start improving. If we get beat easily, attendance will keep struggling.

USF itself isn't a big enough name to fill the stadium for a bad UConn team. The nice thing about football is, unlike basketball, we haven't had the level of success that makes watching UConn beat Temple or Houston boring. Football fans would show up to see us beat just about anyone. We just need to win. I still feel there are 5000 or more people outside the stadium that never go in and just tailgate. Gotta get them in the stadium with exciting football. 30,486

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think playing well and looking like a real team will help future attendance even in a loss. Overcoming the hit of having an unwatchable program will take a bit of time. The way the team played for 3/4 against HC was scary. The way they played for the last 16 minutes was fun. If the last 16 is close to being real, fans will come. UConn fans tend to be fair weather fans. Even our men's hoop attendance is dragging. The lack of natural rivals doesn't help for either of our major sports Unfortunately (not really) I have to be away this weekend to a pretty great place but my seat will be filled by a friend. I'll be taping. No idea what the attendance will be. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
26k.... despite the excitement from the diehards, the casual fan still clearly wants no part of the games. The tailgate, maybe. Just being realistic. Maybe we get 30k but this should really be a sellout.

Reaction Score
At least 4 cuz r squad well represent. Hoping its 5 tho cuz I really like Taylor Rooks. Seriously prob 27000 and hopefully very loud. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
For context,

Considering the game is now on a Saturday and not during the week against a team that I assume stays in the top 25 I'll say 29-30k. While I'm optimistic about certain things we saw against Holy Cross, it was not what a program that has been less than mediocre for 6 years needed to show people in the state of Connecticut that UConn football is back. The decrease between home openers from 2016 to 2017 is a big red flag at the moment in terms of how fed up people are so even a top 25 opponent I'm guessing doesn't get people to turn up when the home team has yet to convince anyone they are competitive.

Don't forget that we were bowl-eligible in 2015. A lot of people thought 2016 was going to be a solid 7-8 win season. More fans seem to be taking the wait-and-see approach this time around.

Hoping for 30K, but I'm gonna say 28K.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For context,

Using the published numbers is pointless. There was nowhere near 29k in the building for Maine.

Reaction Score
.....I still feel there are 5000 or more people outside the stadium that never go in and just tailgate. Gotta get them in the stadium with exciting football. 30,486

AD Dave- Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
26,000 or less reasons:
  • They barely beat Holy Cross. What happens when they play a 2-0 real live FBS team?
  • It's a noon game. On a Saturday. How many UConn students are gonna roll out of bed in time to get to the Rent?
  • Six seasons in a row of awful football. Show me some meaningful wins first.
  • Arguably the most important position(QB) on the team is still a question mark and the season has already started?
28,000 or more reasons:
  • Hey, they beat Holy Cross! 1-0 baby, 5 more to a bowl game. Six more to a guaranteed winning season.
  • It's on a Saturday. Don't have to get up and go to work the next day. Yeah I'm in.
  • The game is not on any channel I get and the ticket is reasonable
  • Randy's back!! Watching Crocker and Lashlee work their side line magic should be pretty entertaining
  • UConn scored more in their first game of the season than they did in their last 4 of last season.
  • USF hasn't looked or played like a top 25 team yet this year. The door is open for a UConn upset.
  • Weather will be fine as the rain should be gone by Friday afternoon.
My prediction? 27,500

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Just curious.

If UConn beats a ranked USF, will your fans storm the field, like they did in 2007?

Although you are a 2 TD+ underdog, many USF fans expect a much closer game and even a possible loss, based on the way our new offense is being run under Charlie Strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom