Attendance Prediction for USF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance Prediction for USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Just curious.

If UConn beats a ranked USF, will your fans storm the field, like they did in 2007?

Although you are a 2 TD+ underdog, many USF fans expect a much closer game and even a possible loss, based on the way our new offense is being run under Charlie Strong.
Yes.

Reaction Score
I hope not. That seems kind of ridiculous. We just beat undefeated Houston the season before last. We should certainly roar with approval but storming is a bit much. This is a fan base used to national titles. Granted, they aren't in football but still, let's show some restraint in game 2 of a long season.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I hope not. That seems kind of ridiculous. We just beat undefeated Houston the season before last. We should certainly roar with approval but storming is a bit much. This is a fan base used to national titles. Granted, they aren't in football but still, let's show some restraint in game 2 of a long season.

As a USF fan, I hope you do.

Perhaps, that will get our coach to revert to the offense we employed last year, so we can salvage this season.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Perhaps, that will get our coach to revert to the offense we employed last year, so we can salvage this season.

Is there a USF message board I can browse that isn't paid subscription? I'm interested to see what fans are saying about the team

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
FYI, The link to the Boneyard is listed to the right on our main board, for any USF fans wishing to post here.

We welcome UConn posters to discuss the game there as well.

Reaction Score

We probably do rush the field. The last time we did it against USF was our first win over a ranked team, and I think you were ranked 12th at the time, coming off a loss to RU after being ranked 2nd.

We rushed against WVU the first time we finally beat them, and we rushed against Houston 2 years ago when they were a top 15 team.

We've had such a miserable 6 years, that another win over a ranked team may get it done. I would rather we not, but if we do, maybe that will help bring more fans back to the next few home games.

Edsall's teams did a great job proteCTing the Rent his first time here, hopefully that continues.

USFBrad

thebullspen.com
Reaction Score
FYI, The link to the Boneyard is listed to the right on our main board, for any USF fans wishing to post here.

We welcome UConn posters to discuss the game there as well.

Hello all, I am from the site USFMB linked. We are an independent site, free to register and accounts are not hung up for days for approval, so I invite you over. We have had a link to the Boneyard posted for several weeks/months.

USFMB has already nailed the mood for USF Fans. This, oddly enough, will be a BIG game for the Bulls.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
We probably do rush the field. The last time we did it against USF was our first win over a ranked team, and I think you were ranked 12th at the time, coming off a loss to RU after being ranked 2nd.

We rushed against WVU the first time we finally beat them, and we rushed against Houston 2 years ago when they were a top 15 team.

We've had such a miserable 6 years, that another win over a ranked team may get it done. I would rather we not, but if we do, maybe that will help bring more fans back to the next few home games.

Edsall's teams did a great job proteCTing the Rent his first time here, hopefully that continues.

USF fans are well aware of Edsall's previous success against us while at UConn and are therefore worried about this game.

Ironically, a number of our fans are wishing we had retained our former OC, T. J. Weist, who was your former OC and interim HC. He coached our Bowl game last year against South Carolina, which we won, after Taggart left for Oregon.

Instead, Strong went with Gilbert at OC who has changed our offense to such a degree that Flowers appears to now be handcuffed. Taggart tried that early on, but eventually realized that he needed to alter his system to be successful. If he had not done so, he would have been out of a job.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hello all, I am from the site USFMB linked. We are an independent site, free to register and accounts are not hung up for days for approval, so I invite you over. We have had a link to the Boneyard posted for several weeks/months.

USFMB has already nailed the mood for USF Fans. This, oddly enough, will be a BIG game for the Bulls.

When your goal is the access bowl they are all big...

Reaction Score
Ironically, a number of our fans are wishing we had retained our former OC, T. J. Weist
differnt.gif

Reaction Score
USF fans are well aware of Edsall's previous success against us while at UConn and are therefore worried about this game.

Ironically, a number of our fans are wishing we had retained our former OC, T. J. Weist, who was your former OC and interim HC. He coached our Bowl game last year against South Carolina, which we won, after Taggart left for Oregon.

Instead, Strong went with Gilbert at OC who has changed our offense to such a degree that Flowers appears to now be handcuffed. Taggart tried that early on, but eventually realized that he needed to alter his system to be successful. If he had not done so, he would have been out of a job.
A lot of us would have liked to see TJ get the HC job here when Pasqualoni got canned. Or at the very least, be kept on as OC.

USFBrad

thebullspen.com
Reaction Score
When your goal is the access bowl they are all big...

It's big because the offense has not yet gelled. Playing as we have, we are ripe for an upset, anywhere.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we might end up seeing the effects of the hurricane that is off the coast on Saturday. Looks like it may be gone by then, but if not, we may be in for a game in a good rainstorm. That would be great for us...slow down Flowers

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we might end up seeing the effects of the hurricane that is off the coast on Saturday. Looks like it may be gone by then, but if not, we may be in for a game in a good rainstorm. That would be great for us...slow down Flowers
No it wouldn't. Not if you're going.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No. It will be a thousand miles away.

Timing wise the UVa game could be wet.

Reaction Score

If the game was in Tampa...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
29999 - are we playing Price Is Right rules?

If so, my guess on attendance is 1.

Seriously, I'll guess approximately 33,000 if the weather is good. I think a good weather Saturday game against a ranked opponent with a new coaching staff and a 1-0 record will all add up to a pretty good attendance.

If we beat USF and do well on the road, the following home game will grow to about 36k...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
31k. But weather needs to be good, if not 29k. Unfortunately there are many many tickets left.

I hope to be wrong- I'd be impressed with 35k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom