Asst Coach Job Posting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Asst Coach Job Posting

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
View attachment 66812

I'm gonna state the obvious. That's a bad pick.
Well... maybe the Syracuse men's program needs an assistant?

1618360816988.png

Reaction Score
I am certain that our legendary coach already has someone specific in mind. We will all probably be surprised when it is confirmed. He probably made a big mistake when hiring Jasmine Lister last year. To this day I do not know what happened there. Is it still a mystery to me.

Please mark my word, this decision is huge...so much must be going on behind the scenes. Coach is as shrewd as it gets & wants his program to thrive.. Wheeling and dealing with other programs could be going on to get a coach released from a contract. Could someone out of the blue be coming, ex: Shea's husband? We will know soon.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Bottom line: Young Geno would not be qualified to coach for mature Geno. Young CD could not be able to apply for this coaching position. Interesting!

Ooh - let's dissect the qualifications as posted:

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree
  2. five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program
  3. coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences
  4. working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations
  5. strong commitment to the academic goals of the University
  6. excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Division I head coaching experience
  2. coaching experience on team(s) that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA D I WBB Championship
  3. demonstrated experience coaching players who have achieved conference and/or national honors
  4. former playing experience at the Division I collegiate level
So, now that we know both the minimum and preferred qualies, any guesses on who meets the min or both?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I am certain that our legendary coach already has someone specific in mind. We will all probably be surprised when it is confirmed. He probably made a big mistake when hiring Jasmine Lister last year. To this day I do not know what happened there. Is it still a mystery to me.

Please mark my word, this decision is huge...so much must be going on behind the scenes. Coach is as shrewd as it gets & wants his program to thrive.. Wheeling and dealing with other programs could be going on to get a coach released from a contract. Could someone out of the blue be coming, ex: Shea's husband? We will know soon.
Shea's husband will be on the staff at Vanderbilt per prior posts. Why would he stay in CT with her moving to TN?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Shea's husband will be on the staff at Vanderbilt per prior posts. Why would he stay in CT with her moving to TN?
She snores.... and not a quiet 'oh she's adorable' snore, no its more like she is driving a car with a bad muffler... inside your head.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I also wonder if he is going to be position specific? Meaning Shea worked with guards.

Reaction Score
I think it will be Morgan Valley. The job description does seem to be written for her. Morgan worked extensively with Kelsey Plum when she was at Washington. She also worked with Aari McDonald at Washington and Arizona, so I would say she knows how to coach guards! Here is a recent interesting article about Adia Barnes that also gives some insight into Morgan:

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think it will be Morgan Valley. The job description does seem to be written for her. Morgan worked extensively with Kelsey Plum when she was at Washington so I would say she knows how to coach guards! Here is a recent interesting article about Adia Barnes that gives some insight into Morgan as well:

Hate it when they block you even in the private window.

Reaction Score
I think it will be Morgan Valley. The job description does seem to be written for her. Morgan worked extensively with Kelsey Plum when she was at Washington. She also worked with Aari McDonald at Washington and Arizona, so I would say she knows how to coach guards! Here is a recent interesting article about Adia Barnes that also gives some insight into Morgan:

I think you nail it.

Reaction Score
I think those of you who think this was written for a specific individual are way off base. I suspect the the State of Connecticut requires all open positions to be posted for at least 1 week. I’m also sure that Geno and staff have a list of possible candidates that they always have in their back pocket. The posting was more of a formality than anything else.

Reaction Score
Maybe the qualifications are to discourage peeps from applying. If Geno wants to call you he will call you

I think those of you who think this was written for a specific individual are way off base. I suspect the the State of Connecticut requires all open positions to be posted for at least 1 week. I’m also sure that Geno and staff have a list of possible candidates that they always have in their back pocket. The posting was more of a formality than anything else.
You are correct that the posting is a formality, given the State requirement that open positions be posted, but wrong in your conclusion that the listed qualifications aren't tailored to a specific person. Tailoring the qualifications is exactly how employers get around the posting requirement. Take a look at the posting that went up before Jasmine Lister was hired. There were only two people in the country who matched all the requirements in it, Jas and Chloe Pavlech. And the qualifications in that posting could not be more different than the ones in the current posting. That is because Geno has targeted a specific person who is the complete opposite of Jas. I guarantee you, once the required posting week has ended, the selection will be announced within days.

Reaction Score
  • Bachelor’s degree Check!
  • five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program... Well I read the Boneyard, that should be close enough.
  • coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences Again, I read the Boneyard
  • working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations Read the Boneyard
  • strong commitment to the academic goals of the University, Sure
  • excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills I post on the Boneyard.
Frankly, I think I am very close on this.
My guess is Geno can't afford you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom