Asst Coach Job Posting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Asst Coach Job Posting

Reaction Score
Maybe the qualifications are to discourage peeps from applying. If Geno wants to call you he will call you published qualifications be damned.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sorry, but how does Morgan Valley meet those qualifications? And with her W-L record at Hartford, I just have to believe UConn can get someone with a bit more coaching luster.
She most certainly meets them. Among other things, she was an assistant at Washington when they went to the final 4. She was also an assistant at Arizona and Virginia Tech. Kelsey Plum and Aari too. Head Coach as well, it didn't say P5 head coach. And as to performance, I don't know what has been going on at Hartford to comment.

That said, lots of coaches technically meet the qualifications - Jolette Law comes to mind, FWIW. Not as a UConn Assistant Coach candidate just as someone that meets the qualifications.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Morgan Valley of course meets the requirements. She was an assistant coach at Virginia Tech, Washington and Arizona. She was an asst at Washington when it made its Final Four run with Kelsey Plum. She is now a head coach at Hartford, a school considering downgrading to Div 3. Would not have to relocate.

Reaction Score
If I can get 18 dollars an hour...I would do it. Don't need health care..have Medicare...played some volleyball at a P5 school and saw the movie Hoosiers twice. I'm a Connecticut native.....and I like dogs..

Reaction Score
You know who else does?
View attachment 66810
Here's another take...
1618356931568.png

Reaction Score
Sorry, but how does Morgan Valley meet those qualifications? And with her W-L record at Hartford, I just have to believe UConn can get someone with a bit more coaching luster.
Morgan was an assistant at Washington, Arizona, and VA Tech.....

Reaction Score
Agree with both of you.

Numerous people have commented "Geno wouldn't meet those qualifications". "CD wouldn't meet those qualifications". "Jamelle wouldn't meet those qualifications".

You are correct. They are not interviewing Geno or CD or Jamelle for the job. I believe, like several others, that there is literally one person in mind, who may have already agreed to take the job, and that the job description was written specifically with them in mind.

Now come on you BY detectives - who checks every box??!!!
Tamika Williams Jeter.

Reaction Score
She has been an assistant at both Washington and Arizona and has been a head coach.

Reaction Score
I would be really surprised if Geno doesn’t already have a pretty good idea who he expects to fill this job.

It’s definitely not Coach Jumper........
I'd be completely shocked if he doesn't have someone (or more than one person) in mind. The job posting is simply the need to adhere to state personnel requirements.

Reaction Score
Ooh - let's dissect the qualifications as posted:

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree
  2. five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program
  3. coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences
  4. working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations
  5. strong commitment to the academic goals of the University
  6. excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Division I head coaching experience
  2. coaching experience on team(s) that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA D I WBB Championship
  3. demonstrated experience coaching players who have achieved conference and/or national honors
  4. former playing experience at the Division I collegiate level
So, now that we know both the minimum and preferred qualies, any guesses on who meets the min or both?
gee sorry TonyC............;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom