Asia Durr = class act | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Asia Durr = class act

Reaction Score
She and Geno shared a nice hug and he gave her a kiss on the cheek. You could clearly see her say “go get it all”. What class in defeat.

Good luck in the pros, Asia. I’m now one of your fans.
I was at the arena and saw that and was quite happy to see it.

I’ve always believed that in an elimination tournament like this if you lose in a close game you WANT the team that won to trounce everyone else. Then you can with some legitimacy say “we were the second best in this tournament since we gave them the toughest battle”.

Reaction Score
She hugged every coach and player in the handshake line after the game. It was a nice moment.

Reaction Score
I didn't notice what she actually said to Geno, but I saw right away the big, genuine smile on her face as she greeted him, and the other members of the UCONN staff. Just blown away by her grace in that moment.

Her name is Asia Durr, and I have a feeling that as WBB fans we'll be hearing it often.

Last edited:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
sometimes you don't 'land' them all. Too bad she wasn't a Husky

Reaction Score
Agree. Asia Durr is a class act, great basketball player, a gladiator/warrior, and going to be an excellent player at the next level.
After watching Durr in the 4th yesterday, I can only say "Wow!" Rarely have seen a player be able to blow by everyone on UConn. I thought Crystal was quick but Durr at times made her look flat footed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One recruit I've always been really bummed we missed out on.
That certainly was an adventurous time for UCONN in recruiting. UCONN came away with a couple of great recruiting classes and players (KLS, Napheesa, Gabby, & Kia) but it would have been monstrous if UCONN had landed Wilson, Cox or Brown as a post & Either Durr or Arike at the guard spot.
Geno coaching the national team also sped up some recruiting things for at least one of those recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
That certainly was an adventurous time for UCONN in recruiting. UCONN came away with a couple of great recruiting classes and players (KLS, Napheesa, Gabby, & Kia) but it would have been monstrous if UCONN had landed Wilson, Cox or Brown as a post & Either Durr or Arike at the guard spot.
Geno coaching the national team also sped up some recruiting things for at least one of those recruiting classes.
Geno seemed very calm when coaching National Teams. Wonder if some committed to UConn based on this coaching style (and what they experienced when they arrived at UConn).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno seemed very calm when coaching National Teams. Wonder if some committed to UConn based on this coaching style (and what they experienced when they arrived at UConn).
I would doubt that. Geno can afford to be calm while coaching the National team because he's coaching professional grown women for the most part. That's a little different than coaching 18-22 year olds that are even younger when they make the commitment to UCONN.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I've watched some ladies and thought how I wished they had chosen UConn. Asia is one I would have loved to cheer for her four years. Outstanding player and very gracious.

Reaction Score
I saw the exchange during the post-game handshake line. I always applaud players who handle adversity with grace. She wanted that game more than anything. Seconds after her college career came to a close, she behaved with class and sportsmanship. Hats off to her.

Reaction Score
Asia Durr is really a wonderful young lady. We loved her when she was playing for St. Pius here in Atlanta, and she would've been a perfect fit at UCONN...or anywhere else she could've gone.

Wish her the very best...

Reaction Score
I like L'ville fans because they did not complain about tickets to Albany.

Reaction Score
Asia Durr is a gunslinger of the first magnitude. She will thrive in the WNBA and overseas with her left handed - and some right handed - marksmanship. I especially like her pull-up repertoire. Nice lady, too.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
After watching Durr in the 4th yesterday, I can only say "Wow!" Rarely have seen a player be able to blow by everyone on UConn. I thought Crystal was quick but Durr at times made her look flat footed.

I had mentioned to my son in law that she had the ability to take over a game and we saw that in the second half. Two games in the tournament that she was quiet in the first half, explosive in the second.

Reaction Score
Asia Durr is a breath of fresh air. Love this kid and wish her only the best.

Reaction Score
We U of L fans appreciate the kind words for Asia. It has been a total joy getting to watch her for the past 4 years. Like she said, "Go win it all". Most Card fans have great respect for UConn & Geno, much more than for that other school and what's her name. Geno welcomes the challenge of playing while Muffet seems to think that we shouldn't be there to spoil her little kingdom. Geno & UConn have always been classy, in both victory and the occasional defeat. Muffet & ND . . . uh, not so much.

Good luck at the FF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom