As disgusting as it is, there are 3 ACC teams in the Elite 8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

As disgusting as it is, there are 3 ACC teams in the Elite 8

Reaction Score
Exactly this. Some people here were tooting the NBE horn way too early.
Just like in football you need some established blue bloods. Duke/UNC, Kansas, UK, UCLA/Zona, and in our league it’s Nova…for now, those are the establishment blue bloods. The Big 10 has Sparty and maybe Meechigan, but the rest are fugazy.
Like SEC football, you can never write off ACC basketball.
Yikes, did you forget UConn is in the Big East?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Georgetown beat Syracuse this season. It was Jim Boeheim's only losing season ever. His team was one game under .500.

When I watched ACC games this year, the conference looked lousy. Then again, Notre Dame beat Alabama handily, and played Texas Tech more closely than I thought they would.

Duke, North Carolina, and Miami were all convincing and deserving winners in the Sweet 16 games.

I did not expect such outcomes, nor were they my rooting preferences before each game, but I could appreciate what was before my eyes. I offer no predictions as to how they'll do today & tomorrow.

I'm not as rut-stuck in my narratives as you regularly appear to be.
Here’s how bad the ACC was in regular season : Duke did not face a top 25 team from December on. That’s a crazy stat for the ACC. But they are showing out in tourney, so the joke is now on everyone else.

Reaction Score
Good for the ACC. At the end of the day they really underperformed in the non-conference.

When DePaul wins at Louisville, and Virginia loses at JMU, you know it's a down year. And I'm not cherry picking: most of the ACC teams had similar results.

When perennial tournament teams like UVA, Louisville, FL State, and Syracuse aren't even sniffing the bubble, how can anyone dispute the fact that the conference was down?

Reaction Score
You sure about that ? Bama lost to Kentucky both times they played....and Kansas? What year was that game ?
Seriously? Why are you posting about this if you don't even follow college basketball? There's a site called espn.com where you can find scores yourself.

How do you think the committee compares conferences?

The SEC/Big 12 challenge took place 1/29/22.

1648333742802.png

1648333699825.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yikes, did you forget UConn is in the Big East?
Of course not. But we haven’t been showing or living up to our blue blood status the last few years, and Nova continues to do so even as we speak.

Reaction Score
I’m curious what makes Arizona a blue blood in your eyes.
Consistency, for one. They stay relevant and have always been in the mix conference wise. And maybe “blue blood” the way I’m describing it is different from how it’s usually applied.
Actually, I think there are 5 recognized traditional blue bloods- Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, and maybe UCLA.
But I’m talking more in terms of conferences, where the list gets a bit longer.

Reaction Score
What it means is that despite an off year, the ACC remains an elite BASKETBALL conference. UNC replaced the head coach and started out shaky but improved later in the season. Miami has a really good coach and a senior laden team. Dook is Dook. Despite all the trash NOOB boys talk about them, when the rubber meets the road, they have multiple top teams. We have Villanova.
Copy and pasting this same message one more time I see

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Only saving grace would be how devastating it would be to Duke fans to have coach K’s last game be a loss to unc
That would be great. It would be even better if St. Peter's ended his career. Exactly 0 people would have guessed that.

Reaction Score
Copy and pasting this same message one more time I see
Some of you guys are a riot. If the NOOB had 3 teams in the elite 8 and at least 1 in the Final 4 you would be jumping up and down about what a great conference the NOOB is. The ACC does it, in an off year for them, no less, and it is just the luck of the draw. They didn’t have to play great teams, you know, like New Mexico State. LOL. The big difference is that that ACC has multiple teams can be good in any given year. Since 2014, They have sent 4 different teams to the Final Four. 3 different teams have won The NOOB has 1.

Well thank heavens for Villanova. Far and away the best team in the NOOB as they have proven yet again. If they played FBS football, they would probably be in the ACC right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here’s how bad the ACC was in regular season : Duke did not face a top 25 team from December on. That’s a crazy stat for the ACC. But they are showing out in tourney, so the joke is now on everyone else.
Those bastards are gonna put 3 in the Final Four, aren't they?

Reaction Score
Some of you guys are a riot. If the NOOB had 3 teams in the elite 8 and at least 1 in the Final 4 you would be jumping up and down about what a great conference the NOOB is. The ACC does it, in an off year for them, no less, and it is just the luck of the draw. They didn’t have to play great teams, you know, like New Mexico State. LOL. The big difference is that that ACC has multiple teams can be good in any given year. Since 2014, They have sent 4 different teams to the Final Four. 3 different teams have won The NOOB has 1.

Well thank heavens for Villanova. Far and away the best team in the NOOB as they have proven yet again. If they played FBS football, they would probably be in the ACC right now.
You put this same message in every thread, you just reiterated the same points from your main post in this again. We all know how you feel, do you find it necessary to repeat it over and over and over again?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You put this same message in every thread, you just reiterated the same points from your main post in this again. We all know how you feel, do you find it necessary to repeat it over and over and over again?
That is in the nature of compulsive behavior.

Reaction Score
The Big East has one team in the final 4, you're so terrible at this.
It’s Villanova. That’s like the WCC arguing that they are as good as the ACC because Gonzaga got to the Final Four. Villanova is a National Program despite its conference. Gonzaga is a national program despite its conference.

It is a good thing Miami lost. Otherwise this board might explode with excuses.

Look the New Big East is fine. Not a great league but fine. Fun because other than Villanova, it has a bunch of pretty equal teams. Not great. Not awful. Well except Georgetown and DePaul. It has one shining star. One team that could be classified as a Program, to use Franceses’s term. Since the founding of the New Big East, The difference between it and, say the ACC is that in any given year there are 4 or five ACC teams that can win it all. The evidence is that UNC, Duke and Virginia have in fact won it all. Syracuse and UNC have made it to the Final Four. Now add UNC and Duke again. This is the second time the ACC has had 2 Final Four teams in that period. . If you don’t see the difference between having multiple possible national champions and having only 1 I really don’t know how to explain it to you. If Villanova has a rebuilding year, what other New Big East team takes its place? Not as league champ, but as serious national contender. If Duke does, UNC, Virginia, Syracuse, And probably a couple of others have a shot. Let’s just leave it at this. The ACC is a great league. The New Big East has a great Team.

Reaction Score
It’s Villanova. That’s like the WCC arguing that they are as good as the ACC because Gonzaga got to the Final Four. Villanova is a National Program despite its conference. Gonzaga is a national program despite its conference.

It is a good thing Miami lost. Otherwise this board might explode with excuses.

Look the New Big East is fine. Not a great league but fine. Fun because other than Villanova, it has a bunch of pretty equal teams. Not great. Not awful. Well except Georgetown and DePaul. It has one shining star. One team that could be classified as a Program, to use Franceses’s term. Since the founding of the New Big East, The difference between it and, say the ACC is that in any given year there are 4 or five ACC teams that can win it all. The evidence is that UNC, Duke and Virginia have in fact won it all. Syracuse and UNC have made it to the Final Four. Now add UNC and Duke again. This is the second time the ACC has had 2 Final Four teams in that period. . If you don’t see the difference between having multiple possible national champions and having only 1 I really don’t know how to explain it to you. If Villanova has a rebuilding year, what other New Big East team takes its place? Not as league champ, but as serious national contender. If Duke does, UNC, Virginia, Syracuse, And probably a couple of others have a shot. Let’s just leave it at this. The ACC is a great league. The New Big East has a great Team.
I find it odd that you're using Syracuse to support your thesis. Perhaps five years ago, but now?

I also think you're understating the quality of the BE. You claim it's "fine". This word choice is more suitable for the WCC, A10, or American--not one of the elite conferences in college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom