As always, take it for what it is worth | Page 4 | The Boneyard

As always, take it for what it is worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But, how many D1 Hockey programs that asked for an affiliation with B1G hockey were 1) AAU, 2) contiguous (possible bigger concerns with hockey due to travel schedules), and 3) would have an instant impact? The only non-AAU program I can see is ND and a) there is a lot of bad history between the two and b) there appears to be conflicting stories as to who asked who first, resulting in c) my belief that the B1G wants ND ‘all or nothing.’ Looking at the AAU list in light of B1G allowing an affiliation with Johns Hopkins in lacrosse, makes Boston U stand out.

While non-AAU, both Denver and North Dakota are major programs that expressed some interest - and North Dakota is technically contiguous (although admittedly in the wrong direction). ND expressed interest as well but as you mentioned there's very little motivation for the Big Ten to let them pick and choose their alliances.

BU would've checked all those boxes but as someone else mentioned Hockey East is pretty stable and I don't think Big Ten felt that they needed another star when they already had 4 of the best teams in college hockey in its new league. The Big Ten was already indirectly responsible for 2 hockey leagues collapsing when the Big Ten Hockey league was formed (CCHA, WCHA) - I doubt they wanted instability in Hockey East as well.

Reaction Score
While non-AAU, both Denver and North Dakota are major programs that expressed some interest - and North Dakota is technically contiguous (although admittedly in the wrong direction). ND expressed interest as well but as you mentioned there's very little motivation for the Big Ten to let them pick and choose their alliances.

BU would've checked all those boxes but as someone else mentioned Hockey East is pretty stable and I don't think Big Ten felt that they needed another star when they already had 4 of the best teams in college hockey in its new league. The Big Ten was already indirectly responsible for 2 hockey leagues collapsing when the Big Ten Hockey league was formed (CCHA, WCHA) - I doubt they wanted instability in Hockey East as well.

Boston U. has easy travel right now. There is probably less than 1% interest in such a move.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nobody says 'advance talks', they say advanced talks which fits with HFD's loose and fast usage of the language.

Reaction Score
Since we are all indulging in fantasy just a bit, maybe his insider said ECAC and not Hockey East - and the B1G is swooping in to take Uconn full member, and Yale as an associate member in hockey. That would be quite a splashy move.

For those about to reply, know that I think the likelihood of Yale agreeing to such a move is approaching zero.

Reaction Score
I think 2014 would be aligned with the big going into negotiations for tv.
What schools will drive the needle are the extenuating circumstances...
According to Delany, they are going to start negotiations in the fall of 2015.

We’re preparing for our next set of major television agreements. We’re scheduled to begin negotiations in the fall of 2015.

Reaction Score
Now Tennessee Tuxedo says:

Susan Herbst will be meeting with Jim Delany near Chicago, Illinois later this evening.

This is a follow up meeting on the discussions that took place 4 weeks ago with regards to the University of Connecticut advancing forward to an entry into the Big Ten Conference in March-February of 2014.

Reaction Score

Susan Herbst will be meeting with Jim Delany near Chicago, Illinois later this evening.

This is a follow up meeting on the discussions that took place 4 weeks ago with regards to the University of Connecticut advancing forward to an entry into the Big Ten Conference in March-February of 2014.
Not really buying it, but....go Susan!

Reaction Score

If someone would drop this into one of the horde's email it should be easy enough to find out if Susan was in the Chicago area.

Prove she was not there and Tennessee Tuxedo goes back to cartoon voice overs.

Reaction Score

Yeah... I think I saw her in the crowd @ da Bears game winking @ Kendall!!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If someone would drop this into one of the horde's email it should be easy enough to find out if Susan was in the Chicago area.

Prove she was not there and Tennessee Tuxedo goes back to cartoon voice overs.
I saw a recent tweet from UCONN that Susan would be in Chicago for an alumni gathering - a cruise I think. It was supposed to be soon, not sure if it was today or tomorrow, etc. Too much trouble to look up right now.

But I call total BS on Tennessee Tuxedo -- this guy is just plucking with us.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I saw a recent tweet from UCONN that Susan would be in Chicago for an alumni gathering - a cruise I think. It was supposed to be soon, not sure if it was today or tomorrow, etc. Too much trouble to look up right now.

But I call total BS on Tennessee Tuxedo -- this guy is just plucking with us.
That trip to Chicago is August 31st

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd rather spend my time looking for Carmen SanDiego than Susan Herbst.

Reaction Score
I'd rather spend my time looking for Carmen SanDiego than Susan Herbst.

Or Carmen Electra

image.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

An announcement by March 2014 would bring a level of joy that I am literally unable to fathom at this point. I am mostly serious about that.

Reaction Score
I do believe that if the B1G expands, UConn will be picked up in the east.

it would complete the eastern swing if Virginia, UNC, et al, aren't leaving the ACC. That would have Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers, and UConn together in an eastern pod. A pretty nice alignment for the Nittany Lions.

Reaction Score
I think people are becoming very open to the idea of UConn going to the B1G. Took a while but looks like normal speculation now. We definitely need to schedule ACC games OOC if we end up in the B1G.

If we go from Atlantic Hockey to B1G hockey, no idea what to say. In that case, schedule Hockey East OOC.

Reaction Score
I think people are becoming very open to the idea of UConn going to the B1G. Took a while but looks like normal speculation now. We definitely need to schedule ACC games OOC if we end up in the B1G.

If we go from Atlantic Hockey to B1G hockey, no idea what to say. In that case, schedule Hockey East OOC.
You say thank you and never think twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom