As always, take it for what it is worth | Page 2 | The Boneyard

As always, take it for what it is worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's Amazing how a comment like that will spark a thread here that grows like wildfire.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
As with all of these types of "rumors", the only thing we can take as optimism is the amount of conversation UCONN stirs amongst the conference realignment boards. We'd be in a real heap if somebody posted something out of their arse about UCONN and (pick your conference) and got crickets.

Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are way too many actual journalists with real connections who would be leaking info if they had it.

Doubtful some online knucklehead gets the dirt first. Being that they are attention seekers they probably tried to get some legit media person to buy it and they laughed them off.

Reaction Score
Water Engineer
waterengineer.gif

I Root For: Tennessee

"I do apologize if I did the wrong thing by posting this information. I do not write on message boards and I’m not familiar with what would be the correct actions one would take in communicating some information. I was given this sites name and was given my screen name by a friend who thought the people who gather on this site would like to know this information.

I probably should have waited to write this information on this site until next at least next January. I’m not a person who would normally know, nor would have the interest to pay attention to this sort of matter, but I happen to be a family member of a person who works for a person that is a decision maker for the University of Connecticut. My friend told me members of this site would like to know what I was told through my family association. My timing should have been better because I was also told that the University of Connecticut would not know one way or the other on entering the Big Ten Conference until February or March of 2014. I do not know why these dates are in play for this possible event to occur.

I do not know enough about this subject matter to speak more on it so I just want to say sorry to those who I have offended in any way."

Nice!

GG

Reaction Score
Water Engineer
waterengineer.gif

"I do apologize if I did the wrong thing by posting this information. I do not write on message boards and I’m not familiar with what would be the correct actions one would take in communicating some information. I was given this sites name and was given my screen name by a friend who thought the people who gather on this site would like to know this information.

I probably should have waited to write this information on this site until next at least next January. I’m not a person who would normally know, nor would have the interest to pay attention to this sort of matter, but I happen to be a family member of a person who works for a person that is a decision maker for the University of Connecticut. My friend told me members of this site would like to know what I was told through my family association. My timing should have been better because I was also told that the University of Connecticut would not know one way or the other on entering the Big Ten Conference until February or March of 2014. I do not know why these dates are in play for this possible event to occur.

I do not know enough about this subject matter to speak more on it so I just want to say sorry to those who I have offended in any way."

Nice!

Interesting.

Reaction Score
The poster I get a kick out of most on that thread is He1nousOne...guy lives in AZ and roots for Rutgers/Iowa...consistantly puts us down..yet has ZERO knowledge of how we impact metro-NY, Providence, and MA tv market through carryover in addition to pur own numbers. But then again you can't be ANY kind of expert on our DMA when you live on the other side of the country.

Reaction Score
[I do apologize if I did the wrong thing by posting this information. I do not write on message boards and I’m not familiar with what would be the correct actions one would take in communicating some information. I was given this sites name and was given my screen name by a friend who thought the people who gather on this site would like to know this information.

I do not know enough about this subject matter to speak more on it so I just want to say sorry to those who I have offended in any way.]

...The classic 4th degree family connection with a foggy, 6 month forecast. I'm going to go ahead and say there is a 3% chance this is credible and that is only because I am so desperate for some B1G news. I'm not offended, just (still) depressed :(

Reaction Score
Water Engineer
waterengineer.gif

Nice!

This tells us that the AD quotes from B1G schools about moving to the 16 team model may indeed have legitamacy to them...and that we most likely are a candidate because of our location and "availability" ....BUT we have to get our house in order..AAU first and foremost..most likely athletic facilty upgrades (including stadium expansion) as well...among other things.

Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are way too many actual journalists with real connections who would be leaking info if they had it.

Doubtful some online knucklehead gets the dirt first. Being that they are attention seekers they probably tried to get some legit media person to buy it and they laughed them off.

No disrespect to you "sportstart" but did you ever take the time to think that maybe, just maybe, one or some of these online knucklehead/s might be related to, or friends with Jim Delany, Mike Aresco, Susan Herbst, Warde Manuel, etc...?

You don't solely have to be a journalist to have some inside scoop

Reaction Score
I'm with sportsart here. I know we're desperate, but people aren't actually buying into this drivel, are they?

If UConn to the B1G were to happen, it's not breaking on a message board by some anonymous poster.

Reaction Score
I'm with sportsart here. I know we're desperate here, but people aren't actually buying into this drivel, are they?

If UConn to the B1G were to happen, it's not breaking on a message board by some anonymous poster.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._expanding_report_hints_it_may_be_coming.html

Idk, reading this article it shows that the BiG ten "might" expand in 2014 with two more teams. The last paragraph of the article to me hints that the BiG ten may add a team for Rutgers.... hmmm... maybe Uconn?

it's almost identical information that Tennessee Tuxedo had

Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._expanding_report_hints_it_may_be_coming.html

Idk, reading this article it shows that the BiG ten "might" expand in 2014 with two more teams. The last paragraph of the article to me hints that the BiG ten may add a team for Rutgers.... hmmm... maybe Uconn?

You're connecting an awful lot of dots there by calling their information "identical."

That could easily be a UConn fan who used that same quote to come up with a make-believe timeline regarding the UConn invitation. Plus, one of those self-proclaimed realignment expert clowns goes by the name Tuxedo Yoda, which makes me think Tennessee Tuxedo is a hoax.

I honestly think UConn to the B1G is a possibility down the road, but people here need to stop going crazy over everything these random posters/tweeters say.

Reaction Score
You're connecting an awful lot of dots there by calling their information "identical."

That could easily be a UConn fan who used that same quote to come up with a make-believe timeline regarding the UConn invitation. Plus, one of those self-proclaimed realignment expert clowns goes by the name Tuxedo Yoda, which makes me think Tennessee Tuxedo is a hoax.

I honestly think UConn to the B1G is a possibility down the road, but people here need to stop going crazy over everything these random posters/tweeters say.

I guess your right "Uconn990411" but we will see what happens by 2014

Reaction Score

I am in sales and I never talk in public anywhere, but it is simply amazing what I hear on a plane, in the airport, on a train, the next table at dinner, etc. people think they are in an invisible cocoon. I heard 2 hedge funds guys talking stocks during the recent ct challenge. Unfortunately, they were going to slow for me to get much out of it.

Reaction Score
My timing should have been better because I was also told that the University of Connecticut would not know one way or the other on entering the Big Ten Conference until February or March of 2014. I do not know why these dates are in play for this possible event to occur.

Could the timing be related to the 2014 NCAA Convention?
January 15-18, 2014

San Diego, California
Venues: The Hilton San Diego Bayfront and San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina will serve as the headquarter hotels for the 2014 NCAA Convention meeting space. The San Diego Convention Center will also house meetings. The Hilton San Diego Bayfront, the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina and the Omni San Diego Hotel will provide sleeping rooms for Convention attendees.

Per Dennis Dodds:
Those non-BCS leagues (once again: MWC, MAC, Sun Belt, Conference USA, American in 2014) don't want to be cut further out of the BCS herd. They've already been marginalized in the College Football Playoff .
As far as establishing a Division 4 within the NCAA, "it's kind of like conference realignment," said John Infante, who writes the Bylaw Blog for athleticscholarships.net. "you don't send an invitation until you know it's going to be accepted."
Look for big changes at the 2014 NCAA Convention in San Diego. Emmert already has sent out save-the-date reminders to administrators for what promises to be the biggest convention since the reform days of the late 1980s and early 1990s.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

If anything it suggests Tennessee tuxedo or his contact read that article. Occam's razor etc.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Could the timing be related to the 2014 NCAA Convention?
January 15-18, 2014

San Diego, California
Venues: The Hilton San Diego Bayfront and San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina will serve as the headquarter hotels for the 2014 NCAA Convention meeting space. The San Diego Convention Center will also house meetings. The Hilton San Diego Bayfront, the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina and the Omni San Diego Hotel will provide sleeping rooms for Convention attendees.

Per Dennis Dodds:
Those non-BCS leagues (once again: MWC, MAC, Sun Belt, Conference USA, American in 2014) don't want to be cut further out of the BCS herd. They've already been marginalized in the College Football Playoff .
As far as establishing a Division 4 within the NCAA, "it's kind of like conference realignment," said John Infante, who writes the Bylaw Blog for athleticscholarships.net. "you don't send an invitation until you know it's going to be accepted."
Look for big changes at the 2014 NCAA Convention in San Diego. Emmert already has sent out save-the-date reminders to administrators for what promises to be the biggest convention since the reform days of the late 1980s and early 1990s.
I think 2014 would be aligned with the big going into negotiations for tv.
What schools will drive the needle are the extenuating circumstances...

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
This tells us that the AD quotes from B1G schools about moving to the 16 team model may indeed have legitamacy to them...and that we most likely are a candidate because of our location and "availability" ....BUT we have to get our house in order..AAU first and foremost..most likely athletic facilty upgrades (including stadium expansion) as well...among other things.

I've never seen a persuasive rationale for why a conference would expand to 14 with the intent of staying at that number. Any conference over 12 is ultimately looking to go to at least 16.

Who knows where or when Connecticut fits ultimately, but there are at least 4 spots open to be filled sometime between today and shortly after the current GOR's expire.

Reaction Score
The first hint we got that Rutgers was leaving was this board.

Remember RUlookinatme? He was a poster on the WVU board who said that Rutgers and Maryland were going to the Big 10 a couple of months before it happened. He also posted that a source close to the Rutgers AD, Tim Pernetti, said that UConn and Virginia were going to the Big 10:

RUlookinatme Blue Tic Hound

170 posts this site

Posted: 11/23/2012 4:56 PM
Source close to Tyler Phommachanh says UConn and Virginia to Big 10 -------------------------------------------------
Delaney wants the northeast and I quote, "lock, stock and barrel".

Here is a discussion of RUlookinatme:

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/rulookinatme.29941/

Reaction Score
Every predatory move in the last 10 years came because a Conference saw an opportunity to grow their contracts TV revenue. We are told that the 2014 is am important B1G year for their revision in 2016.

So I say ... Bingo. There's enough breadcrumbs to predict more moves.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Yeah that second post only made me feel worse about the first one. But I bet we will all start getting extra anxious by the end of the basketball season anyway.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Nah, hope is all we have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog