Arod gets 162 games per arbitrator... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arod gets 162 games per arbitrator...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want Arod to show up to spring training because the circus will be surrounding him and not the Yankees, plus it would be entertaining lol.

Reaction Score
Yes that will forever be filed under "Thank God that didn't work out". Along with when the Sox offered Minnesota I believe Lester, Masterson, Lowrie and Crisp for Santana and Minnesota said no because they wanted Ellsbury added....

Both times I was pissed we didn't get the deal done. Was really slumped when NY got ARod...

Who knew??

The Yankees top "thank God we didn't do that" was they nearly traded Mariano Rivera for Felix Fermin in spring training 1996. Gene Michael talked George out of it...

Felix Fermin? Wow good call almost forgot that - would have been horrible watching him become the best closer with someone else……..Santana too i remember that! yikes

Reaction Score
Felix Fermin? Wow good call almost forgot that - would have been horrible watching him become the best closer with someone else……..Santana too i remember that! yikes

Plus Fermin may have blocked Jeter for a year...

Killer for Yanks was not getting ARod. Good deal. He was really good...great for most of the contract.

The killer was re-signing him for like 10 years and 300 mill, or whatever it was, when he opted out ... had they walked away then or signed a better team friendly deal (which he likely would not have taken)....no issues now. But at time they understandably were likely thinking we have one of top few players in game in his prime who had not had many health issues, we have a new Stadium opening up, we will have him when he breaks Aaron and Bonds HR records....wheels basically fell off soon after...

Reaction Score
I recall Sox fans being very cocky about getting Arod (before it happened), if you deny it your lying. I don't regret the yankees getting Arod who Texas was still paying part of his contract still. I regret the Yankees paying him the second contract.

I remember the day the Yankees signed A-Rod, I was listening to WFAN and NY fans were laughing it up, planning their next WS parade and wondering what the streets of Boston looked like after yet another punch to the gut.

You listened to WFAN with cocky NY fans no way really dude, your a slave to the media for taking WFAN seriously. I can recall, Yankee fans that I know personally who were very concerned about the rotation losing Clemens and Pettite, and replacing them with Vazquez and Brown.

No I don't regret the Yankees getting Arod, there are no guarantees in sports, its a risk taking business, the length of the second contract was beyond stupid no Yankee fan has denied that.
You are both clinically insane. Yankee fans don't regret getting ARod?! Well the Yankees probably do. They don't seem to be protesting these rulings too much. Anyway, the regrets of their individual fans are relevant only insomuch as they effect ticket sales. Maybe the Yankees don't regret getting ARod if he was a necessary part of selling the new ballpark (if not finalizing the funding/construction, then selling the higher priced tix). But I am proud of you for living with your mistakes, life is too short for regrets.

The Red Sox fans being 'cocky' about getting ARod comment is equally strange. So for some short period when the Red Sox ownership was negotiating with MVP-ARod the fans were excited about this?! Blapshemy! And then these same fans listened to a sports radio station and assumed those broadcasts reflected that other fans who actually did get MVP-ARod were similarly cocky?! Thank goodness for your thoughtful friends who embody the unique thoughtful Yankee fandom and worried about the pitching rotation. I'm certain the teams management factors in its more thoughtful fanbase as a motivator. Sadly the Red Sox management is instead motivated by listening to their cocky fans that are slaves to sports radio opinions.

Reaction Score
You are both clinically insane. Yankee fans don't regret getting ARod?! Well the Yankees probably do. They don't seem to be protesting these rulings too much. Anyway, the regrets of their individual fans are relevant only insomuch as they effect ticket sales. Maybe the Yankees don't regret getting ARod if he was a necessary part of selling the new ballpark (if not finalizing the funding/construction, then selling the higher priced tix). But I am proud of you for living with your mistakes, life is too short for regrets.

The Red Sox fans being 'cocky' about getting ARod comment is equally strange. So for some short period when the Red Sox ownership was negotiating with MVP-ARod the fans were excited about this?! Blapshemy! And then these same fans listened to a sports radio station and assumed those broadcasts reflected that other fans who actually did get MVP-ARod were similarly cocky?! Thank goodness for your thoughtful friends who embody the unique thoughtful Yankee fandom and worried about the pitching rotation. I'm certain the teams management factors in its more thoughtful fanbase as a motivator. Sadly the Red Sox management is instead motivated by listening to their cocky fans that are slaves to sports radio opinions.

Your speaking in hindsight I'm not, before Arod got traded Sox fans very much assumed they were getting Arod, and were getting pretty cocky about it, its ok if you did, don't deny it. Of course there were cocky Yankee fans calling into WFAN, no kidding, its NY, the Sox hadn't won a world series for 85 years at the time. Going into the year down deep most Yankee fans knew the Sox had the better team after adding Schilling, and the Yankees letting Pettite walk, and later having Clemens join him in Houston. Regardless whether ARod had joined the Sox or not they were still more then likely gonna be the better team (the Sox ended up getting Cabrera later on, who was a great pickup for the Sox). Like you said life is too short for regrets I can't speak for the Yankees but I don't regret them getting Arod not to mention Texas had a lot of his salary at the time, the 2nd contract however for 300 mill was beyond idiotic.

Reaction Score
Your speaking in hindsight I'm not, before Arod got traded Sox fans very much assumed they were getting Arod, and were getting pretty cocky about it, its ok if you did, don't deny it. Of course there were cocky Yankee fans calling into WFAN, no kidding, its NY, the Sox hadn't won a world series for 85 years at the time. Going into the year down deep most Yankee fans knew the Sox had the better team after adding Schilling, and the Yankees letting Pettite walk, and later having Clemens join him in Houston. Regardless whether ARod had joined the Sox or not they were still more then likely gonna be the better team (the Sox ended up getting Cabrera later on, who was a great pickup for the Sox). Like you said life is too short for regrets I can't speak for the Yankees but I don't regret them getting Arod not to mention Texas had a lot of his salary at the time, the 2nd contract however for 300 mill was beyond idiotic.

I don't know any Yankee fan anywhere or many baseball fans that felt the Sox were better then NY after the Yankees got ARod. That's just silly.

Sox were pumped and "cocky" after they had ARod until the Union nixed the deal. NY was then pumped and "cocky" after they got him. Not sure point of that part of this...

Reaction Score
I guess I think that it is odd that you don't regret the ARod experience but you have deep seeded anger and disdain that Sox fans were cocky about a potential signing 10 years ago for two weeks or so. Let it go.

Reaction Score
I guess I think that it is odd that you don't regret the ARod experience but you have deep seeded anger and disdain that Sox fans were cocky about a potential signing 10 years ago for two weeks or so. Let it go.

No I don't regret it, you want me to lie and say it was the wrong move to make, just roll with whatever the media says rather then form my own opinions. I choose not to let WFAN, ESPN, the media get to me I have a choice to not listen. Your the one who's mad with all your hatred driven posts, and using your opinions as facts.

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan I was excited but I don't think cocky when the Sox were working on the Arod deal. I never like Manny and was getting tired of Nomar missing so many games and complaining all the time. The Sox were working a deal that would have given them Arod and Magglio Ordonez for Manny and Nomar. What's not to like? Arod was even willing to give up some money until the union stepped in. Would the Sox have had the same success with Arod? Who knows? In hindsight, it was a blessing that he ended up with the Yankees and they gave him the dumbest contract in history when he threatened to walk.

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan I was excited but I don't think cocky when the Sox were working on the Arod deal. I never like Manny and was getting tired of Nomar missing so many games and complaining all the time. The Sox were working a deal that would have given them Arod and Magglio Ordonez for Manny and Nomar. What's not to like? Arod was even willing to give up some money until the union stepped in. Would the Sox have had the same success with Arod? Who knows? In hindsight, it was a blessing that he ended up with the Yankees and they gave him the dumbest contract in history when he threatened to walk.

I can agree with that, it is what it is.

Reaction Score
ARod's contract prior to his opt out was very much worth it and was a good value; he also got them a world series. After he opted out and they gave him more money, though...

Reaction Score
No I don't regret it, you want me to lie and say it was the wrong move to make, just roll with whatever the media says rather then form my own opinions. I choose not to let WFAN, ESPN, the media get to me I have a choice to not listen. Your the one who's mad with all your hatred driven posts, and using your opinions as facts.
I apologize my over-the-top sarcasm that can definitely be caustic. I'm flabbergasted but definitely not angry and it is isolated to your opinion on this issue. I simply think your opinion on this isolated circumstance is also over the top based on how long ago it was and the implications from the content of your post that some fan reactions (that are by definition anecdotal) are in some way evidence of a collective opinion or stereotypical of the Red Sox and their fans.

AS far as sports radio you definitely seem to have a strong dislike rather than indifference via not listening that you espouse. FWIW, Boston sports radio is almost unlistenable for me as compared to NY Sports radio of the Mike & Mad Dog 80's early 90's vintage. Some of it has gotten a little better recently with "the sports hub" but generally speaking it all is trying to take contrived extreme opinions to create drama which is way too manipulative for my current taste. But occasionally they interview Tom Brady or someone interesting and that's the only time most folks tune in. Have you tried podcasts? Much better and you can skip, turn off etc... Music is nice too!

Reaction Score
Now his crack team hints that AR0d might be "forced" to name names. These guys, charging him God knows what, are definitely not helping. From Fox ...

On Tuesday, Rodriguez's attorney, Joseph Tacopina, told ESPN Radio that he did not want to name other players accused of PED use, "but some of them are God-like in Boston right now."
Ortiz?

Reaction Score
ARod thinks it somehow matters to his case or is news if he says Ortiz is accused of taking PEDs?

Beyond silly....

Reaction Score
Years ago, I had to use an attorney to represent my company in a case. This guy was amazingly creative. He just kept throwing out ideas and strategies with hopes that something would stick. I think Arod's attorney's are doing the same thing. You have to try not to take personal anything that they are doing. Their goal is to get Arod back on the field and will do whatever it takes. They also may get a significant portion of his 2014 salary if he is reinstated. I don't think they will be successful but who knows. Stranger things have happened. At the end of the day, it is all about money and Arod is rapidly running out of friends.

Reaction Score
That may be true in some types of cases but not here. They have one argument...the arbitration award should be overturned because the arbitrator violated law or policy or the union contract.

ARod saying "yeah but player X also did it" does zero for that at this point...

Reaction Score
I apologize my over-the-top sarcasm that can definitely be caustic. I'm flabbergasted but definitely not angry and it is isolated to your opinion on this issue. I simply think your opinion on this isolated circumstance is also over the top based on how long ago it was and the implications from the content of your post that some fan reactions (that are by definition anecdotal) are in some way evidence of a collective opinion or stereotypical of the Red Sox and their fans.

AS far as sports radio you definitely seem to have a strong dislike rather than indifference via not listening that you espouse. FWIW, Boston sports radio is almost unlistenable for me as compared to NY Sports radio of the Mike & Mad Dog 80's early 90's vintage. Some of it has gotten a little better recently with "the sports hub" but generally speaking it all is trying to take contrived extreme opinions to create drama which is way too manipulative for my current taste. But occasionally they interview Tom Brady or someone interesting and that's the only time most folks tune in. Have you tried podcasts? Much better and you can skip, turn off etc... Music is nice too!

Its cool, I'm not saying I'm happy about the years on Arod's contract, but there are worse things in this world then the Arod drama, I could be mad about it but what is that gonna do, I have become numb to it, I will listen to sports talk if I'm in traffic that is what its for to kill time. Am I happy about the Arod contract of course not, but will I sit and ponder what if no. Its sports its entertainment, there is nothing you can do, getting mad over it won't do anything. The first contract was a good contract, the second one was a crack head deal. It is what it is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Now his crack team hints that AR0d might be "forced" to name names. These guys, charging him God knows what, are definitely not helping. From Fox ...

On Tuesday, Rodriguez's attorney, Joseph Tacopina, told ESPN Radio that he did not want to name other players accused of PED use, "but some of them are God-like in Boston right now."
Ortiz?

Of course.

But holy crap, how tone deaf is ARod and his team?

There isn't a locker room in baseball that this guy will be welcomed in - the art of career suicide.

Reaction Score
Jeter saying the "whole thing is messy" is spot on. He's embarrassing itself and the game even though he was correct, the deck was stacked against him. But take it like a man, you're a cheater, and bow out gracefully then attempt a comeback of sorts.

Oops….too late!

Reaction Score
After bitterly talking about being "persecuted" by MLB, ARod comes out with this yesterday in Mexico ...

“I think that the year 2014 could be a big favor that [Major League Baseball has] done for me because I’ve been playing for 20 years without a timeout. I think 2014 is a good year to rest mentally and physically and prepare for the future and begin a new chapter in my life.”

Reaction Score
Doesn't November - February each year count as a pretty good time out from the incredible rigors of playing a game for $25 mill a year from March - October?

ARod and his legal team take the concept "out of touch" to whole new level every time they open their mouths...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom