Arike tech? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Arike tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in the other thread but it bears repeating here: there were 4 physical incidents of Arike potentially harming players 6:30 in 1st Qtr, 7:40 (she undercuts CW) 3:27 in the 4th (she purposely cuts CD off at mid court and takes her leg out (no call on that!) and 1:41 in the 4th (wrapping her arm around CDs head and trying to pull her down and/or slap her in the face (that got called).
The trip at 3:27 was the most dangerous and reminded me of Grayson Allen. A single game suspension should be imposed by either ND or the ACC.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Where is that "Nasty piece of business" Kia Nurse (per her father)? Though, thankfully, she was not known for playing dirty tricks to injure players, she could probably give as good as she got from ND's "nasty piece of business" Arike Ogunbowale.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I found this on Insta from search, another instance of what was going on and right in front of Kanter and she did nothing about it.

That was an ejectable offense. And no call. Muffet has no control over Arike, who may have been frustrated by shots not dropping, Crystal defending her, or that precocious UConn freshman stealing the spotlight.

Reaction Score
The Moriah Jefferson! Boy do I missed that defense intensity she plays with it. She used to shut down ANY guard she was assigned to.

Jefferson's defense was amazing! She would absolutely harass you the full 94 feet for 40 minutes, sometimes teams had all they could do just to inbound the ball.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That was an ejectable offense. And no call. Muffet has no control over Arike, who may have been frustrated by shots not dropping, Crystal defending her, or that precocious UConn freshman stealing the spotlight.

That's right. I was focused on her upper body and hadn't noticed the leg kick which tripped Crystal.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in the other thread but it bears repeating here: there were 4 physical incidents of Arike potentially harming players 6:30 in 1st Qtr, 7:40 (she undercuts CW) 3:27 in the 4th (she purposely cuts CD off at mid court and takes her leg out (no call on that!) and 1:41 in the 4th (wrapping her arm around CDs head and trying to pull her down and/or slap her in the face (that got called).
The trip at 3:27 was the most dangerous and reminded me of Grayson Allen. A single game suspension should be imposed by either ND or the ACC.
I was thinking of Grayson Allen too. A talented player, but a cheap-shot artist who went over the line multiple times. Arike did some good things for her team today, but it was a severe display of poor sportsmanship and dangerous play that overshadowed everything else.

Reaction Score
Bull, who does she think she is, she has no right either responding to a coach talking to the refs or acting that way to the refs. She got what she deserved and to be honest she is not the type of player I would want to play with if all she is concerned about is herself and not the team. BTW a lot of the GMs were not impressed with either her or Mabrey. Why, because it is not about them it is about the TEAM.

Wanna give a shout out to Shepard, she seemed embarrassed by that behavior in the line and almost seemed to be apologizing to Geno, I think she went to the wrong school ;)

Does Shepard have another year of eligibility left as a graduate student? :D

Reaction Score
Those tuffets can be painful. I cannot believe this got Moderated! You know those pears with the little spikes on them? You can't use that word here? Really?

You mean these? ;)

1543834529374.png

Reaction Score
Did Arike behave poorly in the last five minutes of the game? Definitely, but maybe it was the heat of the moment and she reacted poorly in a way she shouldn’t have. Let’s hope she grows from it and improves herself. She is still is a college kid, let’s not trash her too bad.
As a senior leader all the college kid talk goes out the window. She should be setting the example for the younger players. You never approach a coach and mouth off to them. The opposing coach should be treated with respect as your own team of coaches. Hopefully she grows from this but I have a dislike for Arike after yesterday’s game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Here's how Mike Bernadino reported:

SOUTH BEND – Midway through the final quarter of Sunday’s 89-71 loss to archrival Connecticut, Arike Ogunbowale finally snapped.

Legendary Huskies coach Geno Auriemma was on the visiting bench, doing what he constantly does – talking – and top-ranked Notre Dame’s senior star decided she’d heard enough. She got hit with a technical foul that only added to the frustration of this much-hyped, nationally televised Jimmy V Classic matchup of the nation’s top two women’s basketball programs.

In better times, she had barked at Auriemma, the coach who tried to act like he didn’t really recruit her after Ogunbowale ended his team’s 36-0 run to the national semifinals in March.

This was his turn to get some payback, not that he would ever admit to that.

“We’ve got a long way to go,” McGraw said. “I think we’re a really good team and we will be a really good team. Tonight, we weren’t. I was disappointed for the fans. They came out and gave great effort and we didn’t.”

Worse still, she said, the Irish failed to control their emotions.

“We lost our poise,” she said. “That was unexpected.”

With Chatty Geno in the house, perhaps it shouldn’t have been such a surprise.

Geno Auriemma, Huskies get the best of top-ranked Notre Dame
I read that article. What Bernadino missed, or completely ignored, were all the cheap shots that Arike had been doling out throughout the game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Where is that "Nasty piece of business" Kia Nurse (per her father)? Though, thankfully, she was not known for playing dirty tricks to injure players, she could probably give as good as she got from ND's "nasty piece of business" Arike Ogunbowale.
Arike would have never dared to pull that BS if Kia was still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom