Arike Ogunbowale

-

Arike Ogunbowale wins rookie of the year

• Yes

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
Back to the original topic, I’d say no, especially with Collier making the all-star team.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
I feel like people fall on their butts harder any time a charge is taken.

But to the larger point - they are both hotheads with a history of occasionally going over the line in terms of physicality. But for the post above to assert that Arike is but Taurasi isn't? That's just counterfactual.
Haha, looks like I stand corrected. It seems I've seen many more of Arike's "highlights" than DT's.

I feel like people fall on their butts harder any time a charge is taken.

But to the larger point - they are both hotheads with a history of occasionally going over the line in terms of physicality. But for the post above to assert that Arike is but Taurasi isn't? That's just counterfactual.
The larger point is that Arike had a coach in college who enabled and excused her in this type of despicable low-class behavior while Taurasi had a coach who harshly disciplined her for merely clapping in an opponent’s face.

To even suggest that Arike has earned the right to be considered on the same plane as one of the greatest players ever is countersensical.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
The larger point is that Arike had a coach in college who enabled and excused her in this type of despicable low-class behavior while Taurasi had a coach who harshly disciplined her for merely clapping in an opponent’s face.

To even suggest that Arike has earned the right to be considered on the same plane as one of the greatest players ever is countersensical.
No that's the point you want to insert into a completely different discussion.

And I didn't make the comparison between the two players in the first place.

No that's the point you want to insert into a completely different discussion.

And I didn't make the comparison between the two players in the first place.
You didn't make the initial comparison, but you sure as heck ran with it.

Last edited:
AO scores 21 with 5 dimes as Wings win 3rd straight (tied for second longest current winning streak).

AO was again high volume, low efficiency in contrast to Pheesa's low volume high efficiency effort in the Lynx loss to the Mystics last night.

Arike will probably win ROY because she’s had a couple of really efficient games sandwiched between her volume games. Napheesa suffers from being a hard working, less flashy style of play when it comes to individual awards. Her name is well known, but she doesn’t play the same kind of basketball as Arike. Collier simply plays to help her team while Arike seems to play to win it all herself at times (hence the volume shooting).