Are you wearing a homemade mask? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Are you wearing a homemade mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, but have one. Been using a surgical that we got yrs ago when I had hip replace. Didn't need it for that, but handy now. Been wearing the same mask for a month +, but only to go into stores - our wonderful NJ gov so ordered. It's starting to really stink.
Haha, the mask or Murphy....

I think I over thought the thing. I had made a four fold cloth mask but added a coffee filter inside of the folds and bunched the fabric around the seal points. It was pretty good, at least I think, it's not like I tested it, but kind of a PIA to take on and off. I scrapped it and went to a surgical mask. Probably less effective, but I few the whole mask thing as largely ceremonial. Most people (even those with N95 masks) aren't wearing them properly and the number of people who take the mask on and off, or worse just wear it under their nose, is staggering. Then of course there's this genius.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've got 4 I wear to work and planned shopping, one side is dish towel, other side is a Brooks Brothers shirt.

Also have a really old N95 in my car for unscheduled needs. I've used it mostly for spreading lawn product. It's filthy and it stinks, but it gets me in the door when a mask is needed.

Reaction Score
I've got 4 I wear to work and planned shopping, one side is dish towel, other side is a Brooks Brothers shirt.

Also have a really old N95 in my car for unscheduled needs. I've used it mostly for spreading lawn product. It's filthy and it stinks, but it gets me in the door when a mask is needed.
1190ED51-DD13-4A54-8E91-C00C60C035C5.jpeg

!!!

Reaction Score
Haven't seen UConn ones for sale yet. You know it's coming though.

I'm buying one of these for @mauconnfan. :D

Reaction Score

I'm in Hooper. Never know if we run out of toilet paper could be a go to! ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Does it come in pink?

C

Chief00

Great country, these cloth masks are scientifically worthless either protecting others or yourself, but someone’s figured out a way to make a buck on it.

Reaction Score
Great country, these cloth masks are scientifically worthless either protecting others or yourself, but someone’s figured out a way to make a buck on it.
Only because we're told we have to wear one. I'm not an expert in whether they are worthless or not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When I go running I wear a bandana around my neck and cover up anytime I see someone coming. As far as going to the store...nah
smdh this makes ZERO sense. Youre more likely to infect/be infected in a store than outside and its not even close or debatable.

Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly, you continue to have terrible takes on public health. If you want to hold bad opinions yourself, that’s fine, but please stop spreading them like you have absolutely any idea what you’re talking about.

Reaction Score
smdh this makes ZERO sense. Youre more likely to infect/be infected in a store than outside and its not even close or debatable.

I mean at the end of the day...
Continuously wearing a mask and preventing fresh air with bacteria and other organisms that naturally strengthen the immune system will cause the body to be more prone to sickness. That’s why the rates of sick people who were self quarantining at home have spiked.
People are spraying/wiping/sanitizing everything and are preventing good bacteria from forming. People are wearing masks and gloves in their cars, wiping down the mail and money. I mean that’s ludicrous.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly, you continue to have terrible takes on public health. If you want to hold bad opinions yourself, that’s fine, but please stop spreading them like you have absolutely any idea what you’re talking about.

Dr. Dweik confirms that those homemade masks, often made of material like cotton, won’t do much to protect you from inhaling particles that carry the virus.

OMG Dr. Dweik is Chief!

Reaction Score
Last edited:

cwh

Reaction Score
I used the husky growl towel (one of the give aways at Gampel) with elastics to be able to have something initially. Now I have a mask.

Reaction Score
Masks are a waste of time. Everyone should get back to work and lick doorknobs to speed up the hErd iMmuNiTeE.

Reaction Score
Just got a pac at the local chain-drug store. Almost had to bribe a 'store associate' to save me one. All the directions are in Kanji characters, so I'm sure the quality is 5* !!

Since I've been wearing the same mask for 2 months for my limited forays to the grocery, et al, perhpas I should stick w the proven. But it is starting to smell funky.

Reaction Score

I agree. I also think peeing in the swimming is 100% a good idea and I never cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom