Are you wearing a homemade mask? | The Boneyard

Are you wearing a homemade mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have not yet, but I may. About the only thing I can think of is either a handkerchief, which may be too small to utilize the non-sewing method, or a bandanna, which, to paraphrase Dave Barry, will make me look like a colorful bank robber.

What is everyone doing?

Reaction Score
No. But I might wear a bandana if I go out.

e09f87a43824c3e0c2397d3f22119e01.jpg

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Wearing mask and gloves here in NYC.

I already know of multiple people who had/have it.

Reaction Score
No, but I don't leave the house/property unless I go for a walk. I live in a quiet enough neighborhood in Norwalk where it's easy to distance yourself from others. My wife and I are young for our neighborhood, so when we see people approaching, we just walk to the other side of the road. It's a dance my neighborhood has gotten down pretty smoothly.

With how it easy it is to get everything you need delivered, there's no reason for me to go out into public anytime soon.

However, whenever I need to go back into public for anything, I'll wear at as long as it is recommended.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’ve got a handful of surgical masks that I will wear if I have to go into a store or something like that. I was surprised today to see most people wearing them when I was just out walking around New Haven. There are not many people out, but the majority of those who are are wearing surgical masks. I will not wear one just walking around outside when I can easily stay far enough away from others.

On Saturday I went to go pick up pizzas and I wore a scarf in the event that I felt like I should have a face covering, but I never pulled it up and it didn’t seem expected by the other people there, who did not have masks, either. I never went inside, as they had the door open with a table in the entryway on which they placed the pizzas, so I never got closer than six feet from anyone.

Reaction Score
I have one of these and wore it to the grocery store last time I went. I don't care how ridiculous it looked. Right now, grocery stores are one of the more dangerous spots you can still go to.
[/Q Agree.

Reaction Score
I have not yet, but I may. About the only thing I can think of is either a handkerchief, which may be too small to utilize the non-sewing method, or a bandanna, which, to paraphrase Dave Barry, will make me look like a colorful bank robber.

What is everyone doing?
I had to start using smaller towels and ratty T-shirts for cleaning because no paper towels. I don’t have any handkerchiefs or bandanas. Lost my scarf on a train...

And everyone seems to think we all have string or elastic lying around. And it’s not like I can go wander around a store looking. And Etsy and all those places are sold out...

I have a lot of gift wrap and Scotch tape but that’s probably not useful.

I ordered these ski mask looking things from Home Depot. So I’ll look like a bank robber. It will be here Thursday. I’m not sure how I take it off myself safely. But we’ll see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have one of these and wore it to the grocery store last time I went. I don't care how ridiculous it looked. Right now, grocery stores are one of the more dangerous spots you can still go to.

At grocery store today. A somewhat elderly lady, I'll say somewhere between 55-70, was in produce section wearing a mask which covered her mouth but not really her nose. I watched her lower her mask a bit so she could itch her nose near the nostrils and then put her mask back up to where it was. These are the people we live amongst.

Reaction Score
I saw a guy in the store to day with a full ventilator mask, like you see someone in a paint booth wearing.
I passed a guy the other day on a park bench with one on. He was talking on his cell phone to someone and it sounded like he was trying to talk with a sock stuffed in his mouth. No idea how the person on the other end understood him.

Reaction Score
Go to cdc.gov they show you how to make a mask even if you don’t have access to sewing material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom