Are you wearing a homemade mask? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Are you wearing a homemade mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dr. Dweik confirms that those homemade masks, often made of material like cotton, won’t do much to protect you from inhaling particles that carry the virus.

OMG Dr. Dweik is Chief!
I feel like you understand that’s not the point of the masks. But I really just need to double check.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel like you understand that’s not the point of the masks. But I really just need to double check.
Don’t tell me, tell Dr. Dweik!

Reaction Score
Wearing a mask is like wearing pants. If we are both naked and I pee on you, you get really wet. Now if you are wearing pants and I’m still naked and peeing, when I spray you it’s not as bad because your pants protected you a bit. Next I put pants on so we both have pants on. Now when I pee, my pants get wet and your pants and skin stay dry.

Reaction Score
I mean at the end of the day...
Continuously wearing a mask and preventing fresh air with bacteria and other organisms that naturally strengthen the immune system will cause the body to be more prone to sickness. That’s why the rates of sick people who were self quarantining at home have spiked.
People are spraying/wiping/sanitizing everything and are preventing good bacteria from forming. People are wearing masks and gloves in their cars, wiping down the mail and money. I mean that’s ludicrous.
Thats a myth. People like you are part of the problem. Thanks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wearing a mask is like wearing pants. If we are both naked and I pee on you, you get really wet. Now if you are wearing pants and I’m still naked and peeing, when I spray you it’s not as bad because your pants protected you a bit. Next I put pants on so we both have pants on. Now when I pee, my pants get wet and your pants and skin stay dry.
Sounds like Depends might be more appropriate than pants.

Reaction Score
I had bought a box of dust masks with the single elastic strap a few years back for keeping out saw and sanding dust, fiberglass fibers from insulation, and creosote dust from cleaning my woodstove pipe. I put on 2 at the same time and wear it whenever I enter a store. The wife wears the homemade mask from folding a bandana with two hair elastic bands.

Reaction Score
Mother-in-law made us masks... I get unnaturally angry at people on my FB town forum acting super tough refusing to wear masks... I live in Mass.. Re-upped our beer supply and EVERYONE was masked up today, that made me happy.

Reaction Score
I mean at the end of the day...
Continuously wearing a mask and preventing fresh air with bacteria and other organisms that naturally strengthen the immune system will cause the body to be more prone to sickness. That’s why the rates of sick people who were self quarantining at home have spiked.
People are spraying/wiping/sanitizing everything and are preventing good bacteria from forming. People are wearing masks and gloves in their cars, wiping down the mail and money. I mean that’s ludicrous.
Uhhh.... what?

Reaction Score

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’ve been doing the bandana over the face. I show up looking like I’m ready to rob the joint with a 6-shooter and flee on a horse.

Reaction Score
1589730714953.png

C

Chief00

Only because we're told we have to wear one. I'm not an expert in whether they are worthless or not.

Politician Governors vs. an article by two experts that link to 52 studies by scientists. Who do you believe? That’s factual.
Now my opinion, our Governor’s Yale expert is well acclaimed in his field and has research more visible and glamorous topics but he’s behind the curve on the historically unglamorous mask studies, that are mostly done at State Research Universities not Ivy League schools that are historically first in line for the more glamorous grants.

C

Chief00

Liquid drops vs microscopic aerosol virus particles - no comparison!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA