Are you ready for this beating? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Are you ready for this beating?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Your squad sounds loaded. Maybe this will be the year you make the Elite Eight, or as we call it in Storrs, the halfway point.
You call it the halfway point, I call it the opening round.

Reaction Score
its really not that bad - has a chocolatey-chili taste with the sauce if it's made right. Maybe you had bad Cincinnati chili?
Sounds like a vile brew to me

Reaction Score
Roll your eyes all you want, the OP was a civil post.

And you really should change your username. It's too close to uconnfan68.

Lol. Ok. So this thread is going well.

Reaction Score
I've seen some angst about my lopsided score prediction. That wasn't meant as a slight or to disrespect UConn in any way. Sometimes you have to be honest about things, and if we're being honest we have to acknowledge UConn is 10-11 with some really bad losses and Cincinnati is 20-2 and a top 20 team in the nation. UConn also is coming in with a very thin roster due to some unfortunate injuries. We're also celebrating our 1992 Final Four team(I'm ready for the jokes, but it is a big deal here and something we take pride in) and our arena is sold out and I guarantee you it will be an extremely loud atmosphere and I truly believe Cincinnati possesses the absolute best atmosphere in the AAC when the place is sold out and a worthy opponent is in town. UConn is obviously down, but the UConn name and brand still hold weight and our fans gear up for this game. To me, all of the above very well could point to a big Bearcat victory. I predicted a 38 point win, but if UConn keeps the game within 30 I wouldn't be shocked. UConn still has very formidable players like Foxen, Vital and Noyes along with a solid player like Jalen Adams. I come over to this board because you guys have a sizable fan base that cares and I like to discuss basketball with other fan bases. This league doesn't really present many opportunities like that, teams like Tulane, UCF and Tulsa do not have huge fan bases like UConn so I do enjoy it over here. I didn't mean to be disrespectful with my score prediction, but you have to understand what you're walking into.

It's UConn reigny ya think playing in the Big East for umpteen years we don't understand "what they're walking into."? You celebrate FF teams, we celebrate winning FF's, NC's so we've had our share of loud buildings too, no guarantee on wins by the way. You are a troll, or else you wouldn't have put Foxen and Noyes in the same sentence with Vital and Adams.

Good luck but if you want to discuss basketball as you say then do so without the jabs, more actual game talk would be preferred also as there is nothing of substance for a guy who wants to do that!

Reaction Score
I love the trash talk. Honestly I get some good laughs out of AACREIGNS posts and the "halfway" response was awesome. You guys all gotta lighten up and recognize good trash talk when you see it. This guy is 1000x better than other trolls like Yawkey

Reaction Score
I've seen some angst about my lopsided score prediction. That wasn't meant as a slight or to disrespect UConn in any way. Sometimes you have to be honest about things, and if we're being honest we have to acknowledge UConn is 10-11 with some really bad losses and Cincinnati is 20-2 and a top 20 team in the nation. UConn also is coming in with a very thin roster due to some unfortunate injuries. We're also celebrating our 1992 Final Four team(I'm ready for the jokes, but it is a big deal here and something we take pride in) and our arena is sold out and I guarantee you it will be an extremely loud atmosphere and I truly believe Cincinnati possesses the absolute best atmosphere in the AAC when the place is sold out and a worthy opponent is in town. UConn is obviously down, but the UConn name and brand still hold weight and our fans gear up for this game. To me, all of the above very well could point to a big Bearcat victory. I predicted a 38 point win, but if UConn keeps the game within 30 I wouldn't be shocked. UConn still has very formidable players like Foxen, Vital and Noyes along with a solid player like Jalen Adams. I come over to this board because you guys have a sizable fan base that cares and I like to discuss basketball with other fan bases. This league doesn't really present many opportunities like that, teams like Tulane, UCF and Tulsa do not have huge fan bases like UConn so I do enjoy it over here. I didn't mean to be disrespectful with my score prediction, but you have to understand what you're walking into.
Since you've come on our site and made a sincere effort at talking basketball and complimenting our team, we should do the same. Here's my attempt.

Welcome to the BY and thank you for your informative post! We are so excited to resume our rivalry with the University of Cincinnati tomorrow. After all, nothing says rivalry like UConn/Cincinnati, not even Lakers/Celtics, Ohio St./Michigan or Tastes Great/Less Filling. The Bearcats certainly look formidable this year, romping through the AAC while showcasing their patented brand of free-flowing offense that Mick Cronin has not only made famous, but was kind enough to share with the Golden State Warriors. Anyone who calls soccer "the beautiful game" has not had the fortune to watch a game at Fifth Third. I especially love watching Troy Caupain - his enthusiasm sure is something. It's not everyday you see someone celebrate each of his baskets as if his team just won the NC. But I guess a little futile pretending never hurt. Anyway, even though UConn is sure to lose by 30, we are all just honored that our boys will share the same court as your Bearcats tomorrow in our quest for a .500 season. Thanks again for coming to talk hoops and hope to see you again real soon!

Reaction Score
I love the trash talk. Honestly I get some good laughs out of AACREIGNS posts and the "halfway" response was awesome. You guys all gotta lighten up and recognize good trash talk when you see it. This guy is 1000x better than other trolls like Yawkey
It is all in good fun - need to fight sarcasm with sarcasm.

Reaction Score
Since you've come on our site and made a sincere effort at talking basketball and complimenting our team, we should do the same. Here's my attempt.

Welcome to the BY and thank you for your informative post! We are so excited to resume our rivalry with the University of Cincinnati tomorrow. After all, nothing says rivalry like UConn/Cincinnati, not even Lakers/Celtics, Ohio St./Michigan or Tastes Great/Less Filling. The Bearcats certainly look formidable this year, romping through the AAC while showcasing their patented brand of free-flowing offense that Mick Cronin has not only made famous, but was kind enough to share with the Golden State Warriors. Anyone who calls soccer "the beautiful game" has not had the fortune to watch a game at Fifth Third. I especially love watching Troy Caupain - his enthusiasm sure is something. It's not everyday you see someone celebrate each of his baskets as if his team just won the NC. But I guess a little futile pretending never hurt. Anyway, even though UConn is sure to lose by 30, we are all just honored that our boys will share the same court as your Bearcats tomorrow in our quest for a .500 season. Thanks again for coming to talk hoops and hope to see you again real soon!

When Mick Cronin was just 15 years old he used to send letters to Pat Riley in LA advising Riley and Magic Johnson how to run their offense. There is no "Showtime" without the 5 foot 7 offensive genius. So it wasn't just the Warriors. This BearCat team could turn out to be the best AAC regular season team ever produced. The stuff legends are made of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom