Are you ready for this beating? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are you ready for this beating?

Reaction Score
I have to be honest, I like this guy. His sarcasm is so dry that I had a tough time picking up on it at first.

One thing this post reminds me of is that we never, ever see posts on here from other fan bases in the conference. Cincinnati is just so adorably feisty that you can't help but root for them. I'm not even being sarcastic with that - they're probably the only program in the country where you're more surprised when a brawl doesn't break out, and for some reason the 54-52 games they play against us feels right. I don't care that they score more points this year and I don't care that they probably will beat us 82-44 on Saturday. You know when they come to Hartford it's going to be like 16-15 at halftime and for some reason it will be charming to me.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
2 things I can say with certainty about this game. We will be down 35-18 with 6 minutes left in the first half and 65-58 with 6 minutes left in the game.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm surprised this guys hasn't been welcomed with open arms to this place.

Unlike most sites, we welcome and encourage civil posters from other teams.

Reaction Score
... Yes, Cincinnati has beaten UConn five straight years at home...

On the other hand we are 3 and 0 against Cinci in tournament play in that same time period. Which isn't surprising, considering that when it counts the most, the Bearcats play like Pussycats.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why you guys feel the need to be insulting is beyond me. I come over here to talk a little basketball with what I thought was one of the more knowledgeable fan bases in the country but it appears you're not capable of it. I get it. This is a rivalry and sometimes when fans of other teams come over to your board you might not always welcome them with open arms if they're trying to talk smack or act like an idiot. I didn't do that, though. I complimented your team on the good year they're in the midst of and I complimented your coach for the amazing job he's done with all the injuries. The heart your team showed against a solid Tulane team to put that game on ice late was outstanding. I just don't get some of the attitudes some of you people over here have sometimes. Yes, Cincinnati has a much, much better record than UConn. Yes, Cincinnati has by far the best home court advantage in the AAC. Yes, Cincinnati has beaten UConn five straight years at home. I understand that, but I don't feel like I deserve to be attacked like this for merely wanting to discuss the game.

Reaction Score
AACREIGNS: fwiw I sincerely think your Bearcat statue is awesome
bearcat2.jpg

Reaction Score
Haha,

why don´t you like my super dry, backhanded ¨compliments, wahhhh¨is all I hear.

All I have to say to you, sir, as plainly as possible.

Uconn 4
Cincy 0

Since 1999.

Sorry about 2011 by the way, wow was that cincy team so loaded!

Maybe this year the Bearcats can reach the sweet 16, one can dream, no?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tom, he predicted a 38-point blowout.

Yeah, I'd say it was "civil" in that he didn't hurl insults, but it was taunting and designed to elicit an angry response.

Reaction Score
Why you guys feel the need to be insulting is beyond me. I come over here to talk a little basketball with what I thought was one of the more knowledgeable fan bases in the country but it appears you're not capable of it. I get it. This is a rivalry and sometimes when fans of other teams come over to your board you might not always welcome them with open arms if they're trying to talk smack or act like an idiot. I didn't do that, though. I complimented your team on the good year they're in the midst of and I complimented your coach for the amazing job he's done with all the injuries. The heart your team showed against a solid Tulane team to put that game on ice late was outstanding. I just don't get some of the attitudes some of you people over here have sometimes. Yes, Cincinnati has a much, much better record than UConn. Yes, Cincinnati has by far the best home court advantage in the AAC. Yes, Cincinnati has beaten UConn five straight years at home. I understand that, but I don't feel like I deserve to be attacked like this for merely wanting to discuss the game.

While your post was very civil and complimentary of UConn, your game score prediction abruptly took away any good intent. Your post was perceived as a back-handed compliment at best, a facetious insult at worst. If you had predicted a 61-47 Cincy win instead, you would've received a much warmer welcome.

Reaction Score
Second best response ever.

its really not that bad - has a chocolatey-chili taste with the sauce if it's made right. Maybe you had bad Cincinnati chili?

Reaction Score
I've seen some angst about my lopsided score prediction. That wasn't meant as a slight or to disrespect UConn in any way. Sometimes you have to be honest about things, and if we're being honest we have to acknowledge UConn is 10-11 with some really bad losses and Cincinnati is 20-2 and a top 20 team in the nation. UConn also is coming in with a very thin roster due to some unfortunate injuries. We're also celebrating our 1992 Final Four team(I'm ready for the jokes, but it is a big deal here and something we take pride in) and our arena is sold out and I guarantee you it will be an extremely loud atmosphere and I truly believe Cincinnati possesses the absolute best atmosphere in the AAC when the place is sold out and a worthy opponent is in town. UConn is obviously down, but the UConn name and brand still hold weight and our fans gear up for this game. To me, all of the above very well could point to a big Bearcat victory. I predicted a 38 point win, but if UConn keeps the game within 30 I wouldn't be shocked. UConn still has very formidable players like Foxen, Vital and Noyes along with a solid player like Jalen Adams. I come over to this board because you guys have a sizable fan base that cares and I like to discuss basketball with other fan bases. This league doesn't really present many opportunities like that, teams like Tulane, UCF and Tulsa do not have huge fan bases like UConn so I do enjoy it over here. I didn't mean to be disrespectful with my score prediction, but you have to understand what you're walking into.

Reaction Score
its really not that bad - has a chocolatey-chili taste with the sauce if it's made right. Maybe you had bad Cincinnati chili?
Only had it once at a Skyline off the highway by Cinci. I don't hate the idea of it at all but the chili had a cinnamon taste to me and I don't want to taste cinnamon in my chili.

Reaction Score
I've seen some angst about my lopsided score prediction. That wasn't meant as a slight or to disrespect UConn in any way. Sometimes you have to be honest about things, and if we're being honest we have to acknowledge UConn is 10-11 with some really bad losses and Cincinnati is 20-2 and a top 20 team in the nation. UConn also is coming in with a very thin roster due to some unfortunate injuries. We're also celebrating our 1992 Final Four team(I'm ready for the jokes, but it is a big deal here and something we take pride in) and our arena is sold out and I guarantee you it will be an extremely loud atmosphere and I truly believe Cincinnati possesses the absolute best atmosphere in the AAC when the place is sold out and a worthy opponent is in town. UConn is obviously down, but the UConn name and brand still hold weight and our fans gear up for this game. To me, all of the above very well could point to a big Bearcat victory. I predicted a 38 point win, but if UConn keeps the game within 30 I wouldn't be shocked. UConn still has very formidable players like Foxen, Vital and Noyes along with a solid player like Jalen Adams. I come over to this board because you guys have a sizable fan base that cares and I like to discuss basketball with other fan bases. This league doesn't really present many opportunities like that, teams like Tulane, UCF and Tulsa do not have huge fan bases like UConn so I do enjoy it over here. I didn't mean to be disrespectful with my score prediction, but you have to understand what you're walking into.
Quality trolling, brah.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It's not chili. It's patstisio sauce. Or a Greek bolognese. But nothing like chili as anyone who knows chili understands it.

It's like calling store-bought focaccia a NH-store pizza.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom