April Transfer thread | Page 36 | The Boneyard

April Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Hannah can taste the gumbo....

200.gif

Reaction Score
Cardoso to SC is a surprise and changes the complexion of next year's race. I do wonder how crowded the bench will be at SC as only five can play at once and there are so many options.

If South Carolina had consistent outside shooters I would think they would be the team to beat. They are at worst number 2 and the offseason is just underway. It will be an interesting few months.

Reaction Score
Cardoso to SC is a surprise and changes the complexion of next year's race. I do wonder how crowded the bench will be at SC as only five can play at once and there are so many options.

If South Carolina had consistent outside shooters I would think they would be the team to beat. They are at worst number 2 and the offseason is just underway. It will be an interesting few months.
Right now I think it’s an extremely tight race between Stanford, UConn, SC. The thing they all have in common is depth; that’s recently been the name of the game. I’m excited for next year

Reaction Score
Right now I think it’s an extremely tight race between Stanford, UConn, SC. The thing they all have in common is depth; that’s recently been the name of the game. I’m excited for next year
Stanford has a ton of talent but I'm not ready to anoint them on the level with Uconn and SC. I was thrilled Tara won another title this year as she came home empty handed many times before but her squad will have their hands full with Uconn and SC.

Reaction Score
From what I’ve seen isn’t K Cardoso more of a finesse player? If so that would be a great advantage for SC pairing her with A Boston.

Reaction Score
Well..... Y'all know more about y'all team than me. Either way. I think this move make y'all favorites unless a team can out shoot y'all lol

that's just Amihere's reaction.

I do not see much reason to worry about transfers. It's not generally the crucial players who leave.

I'm slightly more worried about the effect on recruiting.

Reaction Score
that's just Amihere's reaction.

I do not see much reason to worry about transfers. It's not generally the crucial players who leave.

I'm slightly more worried about the effect on recruiting.
Considering your last few classes, I wouldn't worry at all...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Gotta be able to hit the outside shot.
She's not Caitlin Clark... but Amihere can hit that shot. She already has in a few games. It's only a matter of getting more experience playing facing the basket. She has the tools to do it. I'm not saying she's going to be a 3 full time at SC.... but she can be a hybrid forward at SC, she did it for the majority of this pass postseason.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
For South Carolina posters, you will love Kamilla, a wonderful young women. Watched her all year, my only complaint, was she is to nice. But Dawn should be able to fix that. At times she would get fired up like the 4th Quarter against Notre Dame, she completely stopped any shots inside.
Ironically, this was a complaint from Dawn about our current team early on last season. She said our girls are too nice.. and they were, but they grew up a lot in the 2nd half of the season. The light came on after the Tennessee loss.

Reaction Score
She's not Caitlin Clark... but Amihere can hit that shot. She already has in a few games. It's only a matter of getting more experience playing facing the basket. She has the tools to do it. I'm not saying she's going to be a 3 full time at SC.... but she can be a hybrid forward at SC, she did it for the majority of this pass postseason.
Don't mind me y'all. I'm super high on Amihere. I don't want to see her fighting for minutes. Lol. Y'all know more of how she can play than me. I believe she will do good

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Don't mind me y'all. I'm super high on Amihere. I don't want to see her fighting for minutes. Lol. Y'all know more of how she can play than me. I believe she will do good
Oh no, I get it. I remember you posting about Amihere before so I know it's not coming from a negative place. I'll give you an honest assessment on her and SC...

We're a post friendly program.. we run a post friendly offense, in Dawn's mind everything runs through our forwards/posts. Which is why we're so successful at recruiting post players. When Dawn recruits and says that she's a post friendly coach, she has the game tape to prove it. We've been that way since Alaina Coates suited up. Amihere will be as good as she wants to be. It's all mental for her. If she gets over that mental hurdle she'll get whatever minutes she wants because she can do things that nobody else on our roster can, except now maybe Sania Feagin.. but she has two years on Feagin who can also play the 3. Amihere is in a good position, even better now with Cardoso because she never has to step in the low post again. She is not a low post player, it requires a certain patience that's completely the opposite of her playing style. There is nobody on our roster stopping her from claiming that 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Oh no, I get it. I remember you posting about Amihere before so I know it's not coming from a negative place. I'll give you an honest assessment on her and SC...

We're a post friendly program.. we run a post friendly offense, in Dawn's mind everything runs through our forwards/posts. Which is why we're so successful at recruiting post players. When Dawn recruits and says that she's a post friendly coach, she has the game tape to prove it. We've been that way since Alaina Coates suited up. Amihere will be as good as she wants to be. It's all mental for her. If she gets over that mental hurdle she'll get whatever minutes she wants because she can do things that nobody else on our roster can, except now maybe Sania Feagin.. but she has two years on Feagin who can also play the 3. Amihere is in a good position, even better now with Cardoso because she never has to step in the low post again. She is not a low post player, it requires a certain patience that's completely the opposite of her playing style. There is nobody on our roster stopping her from claiming that 4 spot.
One thing people who didn't watch Kamilla all season, which I did living near Syracuse. She runs the floor well, when she rebounds she doesn't bring the ball down. On offense she will go right back up with the shot. She has great hands, and can catch almost anything. Tiana led the nation in assists, and many passes were, throw it high, and let Kamilla go get it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Destanni Henderson and Zia Cooke both shot in the high 30s from 3; it's not like the Gamecocks can't shoot.

Reaction Score

I never took either of your comments negative at all. My questions and thoughts on Amihere are based on what I've seen her do in Canada before her unfortunate injuries. I've been a fan of her play for a long time and am happy to see her closer to being 100% again.

I don't think she's a 3 full time, but she could definitely do time in that spot to mix things up. I think the addition of Cardoso gives Staley the ability to throw this into their plan as another wrinkle, along with everything else she's plotting already.:D

Reaction Score
This is a really nice get for USF. With Mununga and Leverett coming back they should be even better with the addition of some size:

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Dawn mentioned that they were working on scheduling Duke too.

Feels like the Devils have backed out of the last two.

There was still remaining an Away game to be played of their last Home & Away contract - Away as in, a game played in Durham. The last game that was contractually agreed to, was "postponed" in the 2018-19 season due to weather events in NC (cold, freezing, snow, ice). So that was a home game that was lost for Duke. It was always shown as "postponed" and not "cancelled" giving the implication that it would someday be rescheduled. Then the coaching staff was changed at Duke.

But it would behoove the Blue Devils more than the Gamecocks to get this game rescheduled, being a contractually agreed-to home game for them.......

Reaction Score
There was still remaining an Away game to be played of their last Home & Away contract - Away as in, a game played in Durham. The last game that was contractually agreed to, was "postponed" in the 2018-19 season due to weather events in NC (cold, freezing, snow, ice). So that was a home game that was lost for Duke. It was always shown as "postponed" and not "cancelled" giving the implication that it would someday be rescheduled. Then the coaching staff was changed at Duke.

But it would behoove the Blue Devils more than the Gamecocks to get this game rescheduled, being a contractually agreed-to home game for

right, snow game that wasn't made up.

Pretty sure they were to play this past season but game was victim of Covid scheduling along with Clemson -- though we did manage to play NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom