April Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Re: Avery Treadwell, she looks to be a late bloomer and she's very impressive on film.

Have only found a few notes on her thus far. This from a couple years ago:

Avery Treadwell @aves_865 (124) 2023 6'3" C Avery could be a really good prospect for a Division 1 program if she on her strength. As of right now she is a rim runner and shot blocker, but can develop into a really good post. The ability to finish is improving and will get better once she gets stronger.

Reaction Score
You must not read this thread if you don't know of UConn's interest in Strong. Never seen evidence she can dunk, however.
I have seen evidence of Strong dunking, and she does it fairly easy...

Reaction Score
I have seen evidence of Strong dunking, and she does it fairly easy...
At the risk of appearing snarky, I have never seen a women's college basketball player dunk in a game. Would prefer to discuss offensive and defensive skills, upside and fit.

Reaction Score
I don't think Geno's interest was in Haworth. I think he was just being complimentary of her play. The tweet suggests his interest lies in Treadwell who could be making a college decision by fall.
I hope so.

Reaction Score
You must not read this thread if you don't know of UConn's interest in Strong. Never seen evidence she can dunk, however.
I've seen her mentioned but not much official. She would seem to be a near ideal target. A great fit. Maybe they reduced the height of the rim on the video in this link but she can dunk on this rim. See the twitter link on the page:

Reaction Score
1) T'yanna Todd. She reclassified as a 2023 and played with IMG this past year. Not sure if UCONN ever recruited her as seriously as her people made it seem to be. Just recently, during the GEICO nationals announcers were referencing her final five being UCONN, Louisville, Georgia, Miss State and Syracuse. These were programs she listed as her final 5 in 2021 when she was still a 2022 with Royal Crown. Considering Georgia and Syracuse had recent coaching changes around the same time as GEICO, not sure if these schools are in play. Miss State is possible as Purcell has followed her for some time.

2) Cassandre Prosper. I'm very high on her as a player. Was the MVP for the OSBA this past season with Capital Courts (plays out of Cairine Wilson). Also represented Canada U16 at FIBA Americas last year and won an all-star nod I believe. She's drawing attention from quite a few programs as ND, Maryland, Duke and other programs have been to Canada to watch her.

Personally, I think UCONN would be following Prosper more than Todd. Prosper has a much higher upside based on what I've seen of these two during their high school careers.
Prosper is another Canadian Eh! Watched her play for Canada's Junior National team. She was the best player.

Reaction Score
At the risk of appearing snarky, I have never seen a women's college basketball player dunk in a game. Would prefer to discuss offensive and defensive skills, upside and fit.
It's an indication they can freaking jump. It's relavant.

Reaction Score
She may be able to dunk on a regular height rim, but that video is clearly on a lowered rim. She is only about a foot off of the floor at the height of her jump, she gets to the rim much to quickly and if you slow it down, her foot is still on the floor and she is less than six inches from the rim. If you look at actual dunks from Belibi, Amihere, and Watkins, they are really elevating with forceful jumps and not as easy as this dunk appears. I understand that it is a great "feel good" story about Sarah, but that clip is very misleading and unfair to the female athletes that are legitimate dunkers.

Reaction Score
I would go hard after Randolph. I’ve seen her up close. She is the real deal. Got her dads basketball genes.

Reaction Score

She is super solid, but pretty much a Stanford lock. She has stated in many interviews it is her dream school if she can get accepted. Obviously things can change, but I expect an early commitment from her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't think Geno's interest was in Haworth. I think he was just being complimentary of her play. The tweet suggests his interest lies in Treadwell who could be making a college decision by fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom