April Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

… Excerpted key prospects for BY UConn recruiting input. Looking fwd to your respective ensuing feedback.

Kitts & Booker discussed. Recall Rosario early interest but seems to have faded amidst her improvement (play, conditioning). Thomas player-interest strong for UConn but is she worthy? Would love to get a tall wing. Prosper looks promising & Canada pipeline. Speaking of, what happened to T’yanna Todd?

8. Madison Booker, 6-1 wing — Germantown HS (Miss.)
Booker plays with high speed and intensity. Her USA Basketball experience and ability to control the pace of a game have attracted the attention of some of the nation’s top programs. Her list includes UConn, Louisville, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

9. Jadyn Donovan, 6-0 guard — Sidwell Friends School (D.C.)
One of the nation’s top guards, Donovan scored 15 points in the Quakers’ State Champions Invitational title game victory. She’s a contributor all over the floor, averaging 15.2 points, 8.4 rebounds, 3.3 steals and 1.9 blocks during Sidwell Friends’ dominant 30-0 season.

11. Aalyah Del Rosario, 6-5 post — Trenton Catholic (N.J.)
Del Rosario plays a complete game, finding ways to shine while also creating opportunities for her teammates. She attacks the interior with consistency, and her ceiling is high.

14. Chloe Kitts, 6-2 forward — DME Academy (Fla.)
Kitts was a key piece for national power DME this season, averaging 18.7 points and 8.2 rebounds per game. In the GEICO Nationals semifinal against victorious Montverde Academy, nobody scored more points than Kitts. She delivered a double-double of 25 points and 13 rebounds.

15. Letycia Vasconcelos, 6-7 post — Montverde Academy (Fla.)
The tallest recruit on this list brings length and the ability to finish beneath the basket. Originally from Brazil, Vasconcelos has the strength and toughness in the frontcourt to make her an intriguing NCAA prospect.

17. Cassandre Prosper, 6-2 forward — Cairine Wilson Secondary School (Ontario)
Prosper is a fighter on both ends of the floor. The dynamic forward is a reliable shooter with a wide wingspan.

20. Delaney Thomas, 6-2 forward — St. John’s (D.C.)
One of the class’ most balanced players, Thomas averaged 17.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.3 blocks and 2.2 steals per game this past season in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference, one of the nation’s most stacked leagues.

1) T'yanna Todd. She reclassified as a 2023 and played with IMG this past year. Not sure if UCONN ever recruited her as seriously as her people made it seem to be. Just recently, during the GEICO nationals announcers were referencing her final five being UCONN, Louisville, Georgia, Miss State and Syracuse. These were programs she listed as her final 5 in 2021 when she was still a 2022 with Royal Crown. Considering Georgia and Syracuse had recent coaching changes around the same time as GEICO, not sure if these schools are in play. Miss State is possible as Purcell has followed her for some time.

2) Cassandre Prosper. I'm very high on her as a player. Was the MVP for the OSBA this past season with Capital Courts (plays out of Cairine Wilson). Also represented Canada U16 at FIBA Americas last year and won an all-star nod I believe. She's drawing attention from quite a few programs as ND, Maryland, Duke and other programs have been to Canada to watch her.

Personally, I think UCONN would be following Prosper more than Todd. Prosper has a much higher upside based on what I've seen of these two during their high school careers.

Reaction Score
1) T'yanna Todd. She reclassified as a 2023 and played with IMG this past year. Not sure if UCONN ever recruited her as seriously as her people made it seem to be. Just recently, during the GEICO nationals announcers were referencing her final five being UCONN, Louisville, Georgia, Miss State and Syracuse. These were programs she listed as her final 5 in 2021 when she was still a 2022 with Royal Crown. Considering Georgia and Syracuse had recent coaching changes around the same time as GEICO, not sure if these schools are in play. Miss State is possible as Purcell has followed her for some time.

2) Cassandre Prosper. I'm very high on her as a player. Was the MVP for the OSBA this past season with Capital Courts (plays out of Cairine Wilson). Also represented Canada U16 at FIBA Americas last year and won an all-star nod I believe. She's drawing attention from quite a few programs as ND, Maryland, Duke and other programs have been to Canada to watch her.

Personally, I think UCONN would be following Prosper more than Todd. Prosper has a much higher upside based on what I've seen of these two during their high school careers.
How would you compare Prosper with A. Edwards at the same stage of development?

Reaction Score
How would you compare Prosper with A. Edwards at the same stage of development?
Good question. I haven't tried to but it's worth thinking about.

Physically, Edwards would be ahead. She was already starting to compete with the Senior National team at this age where Prosper has trained with them, but hasn't made the final roster yet.

Prosper's style of play is different than Edwards at this point as well. She's handled the ball more because of the guard depth. Edwards didn't because Crestwood had better guard depth with Day-Wilson and Demeke. Edwards was more of a wing/post because of how strong she is. Had she stayed with her local HS team, I think her ball handling skillset would have expanded because she was relied on to do more with that team.

When it comes to motor, they're equal as they're both relentless. Basketball IQ goes to Edwards. Prosper has had a habit of trying to do too much which has been a detriment to her team on occasion. This seems to be changing however. During her team's OSBA championship run, she relied on her team mates more which was key in their upsets of Crestwood, Southwest and King's who were ranked higher than them. It will be interesting to see how she fares during the summer during AAU and U17 competition.

Reaction Score
In the Apache Memorial Showcase there are a ton of teams and prospects and it would seem that Sara Strong is one of them:

By the way, she can dunk as a 6' 2" player and has a decent handle. If we aren't recruiting her, we should be:

I'm guessing Sara Strong is part of the Carolina All Stars U16 team in the Onyx 16 grouping of the tournament.

Reaction Score
I wonder who Sara Strong reminds you all of. I know who she reminds me of.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In the Apache Memorial Showcase there are a ton of teams and prospects and it would seem that Sara Strong is one of them:

By the way, she can dunk as a 6' 2" player and has a decent handle. If we aren't recruiting her, we should be:

You must not read this thread if you don't know of UConn's interest in Strong. Never seen evidence she can dunk, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom