April 2021 Recruiting (only) thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

April 2021 Recruiting (only) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New mutual follows by Chris Dailey and 2023 Tennessee guard Cori Allen.

Allen is ranked 11th by ASGR and 20th by Blue Star. Her name showed up on numerous lists by evaluators watching Boo Williams last weekend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not a ton of video on Allen. Here's a little from 2018. She's renowned as an elite shooter.

Reaction Score
Updated list of UConn POI trying out at the U16:

Olivia Anderson
Madison Booker
Judea Watkins
Jordyn Griggs
Cori Allen
Riley Stack
Breya Cunningham
Mary Ashley Groot
Milaysia Fulwiley
Interesting group. Cunningham should be a good measuring stick to see what Anderson has for potential. And I'm all in on Booker. Book can Cook.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Interesting group. Cunningham should be a good measuring stick to see what Anderson has for potential. And I'm all in on Booker. Book can Cook.

Not sure OA and BC will square off a ton considering the differences in their styles. Watching Anderson's quickness, versatility, length, and reach gives me memories of a certain former Husky whose name I won't mention.

Reaction Score
Not sure OA and BC will square off a ton considering the differences in their styles. Watching Anderson's quickness, versatility, length, and reach gives me memories of a certain former Husky whose name I won't mention.
Where were you able to find video?

Reaction Score
She was being compared to Delle Donne I believe, but I think Z is a better comparison.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She was being compared to Delle Donne I believe, but I think Z is a better comparison.

Much quicker than Della Donne, almost certainly not as skilled (who is?) But that's not the player that came to mind.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn wrote a very long breakdown of last weekend's Boo Williams tourney. So long I'm gonna split it into two posts.

Katie Fiso (2024) is a star for Tree of Hope. She has absolutely no problem playing up a couple years on the 17 EYBL stage, and doesn’t back down. Fiso plays in attack mode, and points and assists are a byproduct of that.

JuJu Watkins has been a place that the conversation starts atop the class of 2023 for over 5 years now, and she never fails to live up to her calling. At 6’0 tall, the Cal Swish maestro conducts the orchestra with plenty of solo performances. Watkins is powerful with the ball, and even made a spectacular one-handed pass as she was knocked to the ground by a defender. She’s a, “How did she do that?” type of magician out there, a walking 30 piece scorer, and a player who just lives in attack mode.

The tournament MVP Award went to Cal Stars powerhouse post Breya Cunningham. Cunningham had to be approaching 30 points in the 17 EYBL Platinum Championship win, and that wasn’t her first such performance of this magnitude. Still only a 2023, Cunningham has some of the best hands in the country regardless, and when you see her making dynamic plays on offense and defense, it’s no surprise she wore out the competition all weekend.

One of the better marquee individual match-ups for Cunningham was with 2022 UConn commit Isuneh Brady and the Cal Sparks. At 6’3, Brady is flat out imposing in the post, with quite an offensive skill set. It’s grown woman business with her in the paint, and even against elite competition, she just would not be denied. It’s scary when you see a kid at this size hitting pull up jumpers in the mid range too. Yes, you can expect to see her on your TV screens in March soon.

Hailing from the Empire State, we would liken 6’6 post Aalyah Del Rosario to the Empire State Building, dominating the skyline even amongst plenty of other skyscrapers. Can you imagine being a guard and seeing that in front of you, or, even worse, hedging that screen you’re coming off? Geeze!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Part 2...

In the not so surprising category, Madison Booker (2023 wing/forward, Alabama Southern Starz) is a game changer end to end. This is not a new development. Booker has always been a major athlete, and the way she goes to work 1 on 1 from the wing or in the high post has always had a little old school flair to it. Add in the blocked shots, rebounds, and some really nice passing she appears to have discovered, and you have quite the package.

We have to start the conversation with the Fairfax Stars and their star duo of highlight reel point guards, KiKi Rice (2022) and Kiyomi McMiller (2024). Rice has put on a show at Boo on more than one occasion. She really does it all, scoring, assisting, and rebounding. You’ll often hear of “bigs that can guard the perimeter” but KiKi is a “guard who can guard the bigs”, and that’s what winners are made of.

The big time offers continue to pour in for the Nike Lady Gym Rats 2023 tandem of Ashlynn Shade and Rashunda Jones. Rightfully so! Shade is so dangerous off the bounce and plays at one speed all the time. Even if she perhaps drove in from Indy, she collected her usual frequent flyer miles this weekend, as it will be hard to find too many PG’s with that kind of vertical.

Nyla Brooks has been a standout against fellow 2025 competition in the past year, so she has certainly earned her spot with the Boo Williams 16 EYBL team. At 6’1 with plenty of athleticism, Brooks is only going to get better challenging herself against older players. Once she realizes she can still get away with the stuff she does against these high school kids, she is going to be quite a handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom