April 2021 Recruiting (only) thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

April 2021 Recruiting (only) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A mistake on the writer's part?
I've never seen KK Bransford referred to as anything but a guard, save this article. She rebounds well, drives the lane with a passion and might even be considered a candidate for "positionless" basketball. But a forward, she's not.
I sure hope she picks UConn, sound like she would fit in nicely alongside Paige and Azzi at the small forward spot once Williams graduates, she will have to battle Ducharme for a starting role though.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I sure hope she picks UConn, sound like she would fit in nicely alongside Paige and Azzi at the small forward spot once Williams graduates, she will have to battle Ducharme for a starting role though.

In my mind, that would be a three-guard attack, but you'd have Patterson at the forward (along with your pick of paint filler).
Of course, in my Irish mind, I'd like to see her alongside her U.S.A. teammates Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron wearing the blue, gold and/or green! :D
Time will tell...she's got, what is it, 12 finalists and doesn't seem to be pressed for a decision. Maybe this is one Class of 2022 prospect that will take a campus visit (or two) after June 1st? Stay tuned.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A mistake on the writer's part?
I've never seen KK Bransford referred to as anything but a guard, save this article. She rebounds well, drives the lane with a passion and might even be considered a candidate for "positionless" basketball. But a forward, she's not.

I'm not sure Bransford's a pure guard though. Her shot has been probably her biggest weakness coming into this year though she seems to have improved it. She's much more comfortable and efficient driving and operating in the high-post as a passer, driver, and pull-up shooter. Her handle is solid but not great. She really is kinda position-less. She's got a little DiDi Richards in her game, a little Aaliyah Edwards too.

Reaction Score
And FWIW, coach Valley is following '22 guard Jenna Isai and her family as well.
I like this kid. IMO, very similar to Ducharme, a good shooter and smart, but a bit more strong and physical. I think she'd be very good to fill that 3rd spot in '22 with Brady and Patterson.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Bransford's a pure guard though. Her shot has been probably her biggest weakness coming into this year though she seems to have improved it. She's much more comfortable and efficient driving and operating in the high-post as a passer, driver, and pull-up shooter. Her handle is solid but not great. She really is kinda position-less. She's got a little DiDi Richards in her game, a little Aaliyah Edwards too.
I threw out Jackie Young a while back also. Young played SF, SG and even son Point for ND.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So there is KK, Kiki and Jennah. Who do people want for UCONN and why? I want KK because she has been interested in UCONN the longest can give UCONN a little bit of everything and can defend 1-3.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New Jenica Lewis footage. She just picked up an offer from Iowa State.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What had been rumored for 2 years now finally has become a reality. Kevin Lynch, Fran Burbage, & Brian Creech founded a new AAU organization called the Philly Rise which is nike affiliated and will play on the EYBL circuit this year. They also snagged one of my favorite human beings on this planet La’Keisha Sutton who played at Trenton Catholic ( Aalyah Del Rosario anyone?) and played at South Carolina for Dawn Staley. The Rise also snagged Ellen Masonis who was running an off shoot of the Philly Belles called the NJ Belles. Ellen is of course the mother of Faith Masonius of Maryland. Ellen has a connection to UCONN which I recall @UConnCat writing about some time ago. Ellen played her college ball at St. Joe's but I don't believe the connection was through Geno who was gone from St. Joes by this time, circa 1987. This was a power move and a great one- let's face it. Kevin, Fran and Brian were the Coaching engine of the Belles all the way dating back to Laura Harper through Caroline Doty, Stewie and up to an including Amari. What is also remarkable is the Mike Flynn has always stated that he would never allow another Nike Sponsored team to operate in the Philadelphia Area. For all practical purposes the Philly Rise are the New Philly Belles-they will do well.
Ellen Masonius was an assistant coach at UConn 1987-1989 I believe and has maintained a friendship with Geno and Chris.

BTW, it’s Philly Rise - Team Stewie.

Reaction Score
Morgan Valley is already following elite 2023 forward Mary Ashley Groot, and I can't imagine that's because Hartford was recruiting her.

Groot will be at the U16 trials.

Here's PN's evaluation of her:

Hmmm. Stay off my grass!

That's three 2023 prospects from the state of SC that UConn is, at least, in contact with: Fulwiley, Stack and Groot. All are competing in the U16 trials.

Stack's dad played at SCar. Dawn has offered. Fulwiley has been offered by Dawn and about everybody else in the Southeast

Groot's family has deep ties to SCar. The law school courtroom is named after her grandmother who, as a law school alum, became chief judge of the US 4th District Court of Appeals and was considered the state's top female legal mind. Her mom is also a grad of the lawschool and , purportedly, a close family member is on SCar's Board of Trustees.

PN is not updated. She now lives in Columbia SC and played at Cardinal Newman High along with 2022 HG#13 prospect, Ashlyn Watkins. Their coach is former Gammecock Asia Dozier - whose dad and uncle played for SCar. Groot's best game this past season was 15 boards and 27 points against Fulwiley's team. Nobody knows her offers, but Miami has been mentioned.

Reaction Score
She might not have SF height, but appears to be very strong and takes the ball to the hoop a great deal, so if she was in with Azzi and Paige she might be the better at SF and Azzi at SG. In terms of battling with Carolyn, the style difference would seem to be an advantage to the coaching staff depending on what the team needs most.

Another key prospect at SF though is Patterson. She may be more 3/4 but I remember seeing some video of her guarding much smaller players on the perimeter, and to be honest she looked kind of like Scottie Pippin out there. I don't know how her offensive skills will translate at the 3, but defensively I think she would be a stud there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Stay off my grass!

That's three 2023 prospects from the state of SC that UConn is, at least, in contact with: Fulwiley, Stack and Groot. All are competing in the U16 trials.

Stack's dad played at SCar. Dawn has offered. Fulwiley has been offered by Dawn and about everybody else in the Southeast

Groot's family has deep ties to SCar. The law school courtroom is named after her grandmother who, as a law school alum, became chief judge of the US 4th District Court of Appeals and was considered the state's top female legal mind. Her mom is also a grad of the lawschool and , purportedly, a close family member is on SCar's Board of Trustees.

PN is not updated. She now lives in Columbia SC and played at Cardinal Newman High along with 2022 HG#13 prospect, Ashlyn Watkins. Their coach is former Gammecock Asia Dozier - whose dad and uncle played for SCar. Groot's best game this past season was 15 boards and 27 points against Fulwiley's team. Nobody knows her offers, but Miami has been mentioned.
:eek: I though we had long ago settled this. Why are you now back sliding? At a Minimum UCONN's '23 class will consist of Malaysia Fulwiley, Juste Jocyte and Aalyah Del Rosario. At a minimum UCONN's '24 class will include Joyce Edwards.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
:eek: I though we had long ago settled this. Why are you now back sliding? At a Minimum UCONN's '23 class will consist of Malaysia Fulwiley, Juste Jocyte and Aalyah Del Rosario. At a minimum UCONN's '24 class will include Joyce Edwards.
Heart ILove You GIF - Heart ILoveYou Ily GIFs

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks for the input. A question and a few points:
  • What is happening/will happen to the Belles
I'm actually not sure what's happening to the Belles. Of the people I have reached out to two things are especially confusing. 1) The Belles status as an EYBL team seems to be in question for this season not sure if that is due to COVID or ..... 2) Clearly there has been a migration of elite talent to the Rise.

Reaction Score
So there is KK, Kiki and Jennah. Who do people want for UCONN and why? I want KK because she has been interested in UCONN the longest can give UCONN a little bit of everything and can defend 1-3.
I might be there with you regarding the longer interest. I think Kiki can also play 1-3, but regardless one of those two is plan A, and Jennah might be a good plan B, but probably only if KK and Kiki go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
KK Bransford makes the MaxPreps All-American First Team list.

It should be noted that are a handful of previous All-America selections not included this year — Azzi Fudd of St. John's (Washington, D.C.), Caroline Ducharme of Noble & Greenough (Dedham, Mass.), Brooke Demetre of Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) and JuJu Watkins of Windward (Los Angeles) — due to their seasons being shortened, delayed or canceled by the COVID-19 pandemic.

K.K. Bransford, Mount Notre Dame (Cincinnati)
5-10 | Junior (2022) | Forward | Uncommitted

Ohio Ms. Basketball led the Cougars to an unbeaten season, a state title and the No. 3 ranking in the MaxPreps Top 25, averaging 21.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 3.0 steals per game.

man I want this kid in uconn ..her ice ayaana in that class and stop cause that's what we need foe me she's the best guard thier

Reaction Score
Now that is a fall-away with a great deal of fall-away.
Know that league well and the extremely low competition. Years ago I would take my team to their Ontario Christian tournament. I’m not saying she isn’t as good as advertised, I would love to see her against top competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom