Appreciating Our Future New Schedule | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Appreciating Our Future New Schedule

Reaction Score
Because it's being brought up by the supporters of the move

everyone is keenly aware of who the current members of the big east are...any mentions of the old big east are limited to reestablishing old rivalries and awesome bball traditions, etc. things that do still remain relevant to the current teams.

Reaction Score
If changes gets us to the deserved P5 , then I'm onboard

Reaction Score
Bittersweet. FL fans kiss the Orlando/Tampa split good bye. Who knows when they'll come close again and there's some good fans down here.

Reaction Score
Bittersweet. FL fans kiss the Orlando/Tampa split good bye. Who knows when they'll come close again and there's some good fans down here.

They’ll be there next year still for USF and UCF and then they play at Florida the year after that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nova
@ Nova
Providence
@ Providence
St. Johns
@ St. Johns
Seton Hall
@ Seton Hall
Georgetown
@ Georgetown
Marquette
@ Marquette
Butler
@ Butler
Xavier
@ Xavier
Creighton
@ Creighton
Depaul
@ Depaul

And that is EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

I am giddy just writing that out!

Not a single friggin’ East, West, Central, North or South in sight. Love it.

Reaction Score
You forgot to make a sad trombone sound. Please include that in each of your posts from now on to let everyone know Debbie Downer has chimed in.
Well the Catholic schools did a great job with the conference last time around, I'm sure they'll take good care of us this time since we're a voting block of one.

Reaction Score
Exactly. SJU in the Garden vs South Florida in Tampa? This isn’t a debate.
There certainly is a debate in what conference UConn should be in for the long haul.

Ironically, every D3 conference has schools that are alike one another. Serve actual academic and research missions. Not aspire for the most draft picks in a sport. Some Minnesotan conference kicked out St Thomas or whoever because they completely dominated.

Reaction Score
As someone from Nebraska who has never been to Conn., can someone tell me the difference between Gampel and the XL Center and why we seem to hate the XL Center?
Everyone doesn’t hate the XL center or at least the idea of the XL center which apparently is in bad need of renovation. I’ave been gone for 12 years so
I still call it the Hartford Civic Center.
Actually Hartford ( XL) is very centrally located while Gampel is on campus in Storrs in the Northeast Corner of the state. It’s an old Aggie school in a rural setting.
I lived in Western Connecticut and much preferred Hartford especially for weekday games. Parking was also easy and Hardford is located at the intersection of I 91& I95.
Some fans think we give away homecourt advantage playing in Hartford and it may be true but it’s importance is exaggerated.
When the XL is full to capacity and UConn is playing well the place literally rocks from the deafening noise. Some of our greatest wins ever were in that place.
Gampel is a great place to watch a game and far more intimate but not as accessible.
UConn is Connecticut’s team and fans will drive miles but although a Nebraskan my scoff at the relatively short distance think of driving anywhere in Connecticut a city driving.

Reaction Score
As someone from Nebraska who has never been to Conn., can someone tell me the difference between Gampel and the XL Center and why we seem to hate the XL Center?
Everyone doesn’t hate the XL center or at least the idea of the XL center which apparently is in bad need of renovation. I’ave been gone for 12 years so
I still call it the Hartford Civic Center.
Actually Hartford ( XL) is very centrally located while Gampel is on campus in Storrs in the Northeast Corner of the state. It’s an old Aggie school in a rural setting.
I lived in Western Connecticut and much preferred Hartford especially for weekday games. Parking was also easy and Hardford is located at the intersection of I 91& I95.
Some fans think we give away homecourt advantage playing in Hartford and it may be true but it’s importance is exaggerated.
When the XL is full to capacity and UConn is playing well the place literally rocks from the deafening noise. Some of our greatest wins ever were in that place.
Gampel is a great place to watch a game from and far more intimate but not as accessible.
UConn is Connecticut’s team and fans will drive miles but although a Nebraskan my scoff at the relatively short distance think of driving anywhere in Connecticut a city driving.

Reaction Score
If changes gets us to the deserved P5 , then I'm onboard
We’ve been waiting for the P5 invite long enough. We’ve been considered many times. It’s not going to happen in the near future as of right now.

Reaction Score
FIFY
I guess you're not familiar with how the Big East operated. Hopefully things are different now right? Won't have much recourse if they aren't.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I guess you're not familiar with how the Big East operated. Hopefully things are different now right? Won't have much recourse if they aren't.

Next you’re going to me feline AIDS is the #1 killer of domestic cats.

We get your point, pal. You’ve made it 800 times in 3 days. I’m not sure why you’re here and not complaining on the football board. I guess maybe attendance there is as bad as it is at the Rent?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom