AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I love chemistry jokes.

One sodium atom said to another sodium atom, "I think I lost an electron. " the other atom said, "Are you sure?" The first atom said, "Yeah,.....I'm positive...." Good stuff.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Louisville High School... :eek:

Reaction Score
I believe that the same group (Southern Universities board) put UNC on notice, too; but, nothing has happened.

This board issue at Louisville smells like a political scrum between Cardinal and Wildcat supporters in Frankfurt. Just like what we are seeing with the XII right now. There are a lot of 'neutral' parties who are also not happy with Louisville with all of the scandals that have taken place and the financing issue with the Yum Center that greatly benefited the University while leaving the City with a noose around its neck.

Any word when ESPN is going to announced that somehow Louisville will escape the hooker scandal with nothing more than a slap on the wrist? I think Louisville's bigger issue maybe if someone goes after them for a Title IX violation, which is possible considering the collective issues that have taken plan. Just ask Baylor how much fun that can be.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol you're the most miserable poster I've ever seen in literally any board.

And before you respond with, "sorry my posting truthful realities offends your sensibilities," I assure you I don't care.

Then block me or stop replying to me.

You can rest assured I don't care what you think.

Reaction Score
There's not a group of professors at Duke, UVa, BC, or UNC that are going to leave their current positions because they don't want to be associated with UL.

Many of the Professors at Duke, UVa, BC or UNC are unaware of their school playing football on Saturday or sports on any other day. They live in their insular world of academics.

Reaction Score
Many of the Professors at Duke, UVa, BC or UNC are unaware of their school playing football on Saturday or sports on any other day. They live in their insular world of academics.

I completely agree with you. Plenty of P5 professors have no interest in college sports. But the presidents of those P5 Universities certainly understand the role of sports and the financial and marketing advantages sports bring to their universities. And, it is the President who make the expansion decisions.

The best case for UConn is that the ongoing debacle named Louisville becomes a cautionary tale for future expansion efforts and it affects the Big12 President's though process.

One of the comments I often read on Big12 media posts is the need to add programs with "sizzle." UL had plenty of sizzle...but that sizzle was generated by illegally recruiting with hookers, turning a blind eye to coaching scandals (Pitino), hiring coaches with clearly flawed moral background (Petrino), and shady financial deals (Yum Yum Center) all backed by a community college level of commitment to academics. The funny thing about "sizzle" is it turns back into fat once the heat is cut. Now the ACC has to own that fat.

UConn is not "sizzle." But UConn is consistent, sustainable and predictable. It is a steadily improving school which is build on a stable foundation and owns its territory with a committed fan base. UConn is a solid addition and has far less down side than the sizzle programs. Louisville is currently proving this point...

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="HartfordHank, post: 1783776, member: 1065AMany of the Professors at Duke, UVa, BC or UNC are unaware of their school playing football on Saturday or sports on any other day. They live in their insular world of academics.[/QUOTE]
Most know, it's that they really don't care much. As long as UNC continues to attract 800 or so million in federal research funding & alumni & friends give the 400 plus million to support the university's overall mission then they will suffer thru the minor inconvenience of being associated with Louisville in athletics

Reaction Score
Agreed, and that is exactly my point.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Back to topic, kind of...

I do wonder when/if "clean" reputations will factor in CR decisions. The B12 has a very serious Baylor problem on their hands. About 1/4 of the ACC is facing some sort of academic or criminal scandal. The SEC is chock full of small podunk police departments on the take to keep football player crimes quiet.

There are several schools who act as if they are above the law and above any NCAA jurisdiction. There is one school who just came out and flatly told the NCAA to F off...and they are. I wonder who the heck is governing these lunatics and if we'll ever get to a point when schools are actually punished and shamed for cheating. Sadly, we might already be past that point already.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Honestly, do you all really think it matters to these conferences? Look at the millions they are raking in every year due to these insane tv contracts. Those contracts aren't created because of a schools strong academic tradition. They are made because schools are athletic attractions that people want to watch (mostly all are). The ACC isn't kicking out Louisville because of this and neither is the Big 12 kicking out Baylor. As nauseating as it may be, this is the nature of college sports. It's a big business and the fact that they play under the NCAA is a joke. I highly doubt this impacts UConn's chances any greater. I wish it would but the reality is, it won't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Honestly, do you all really think it matters to these conferences? Look at the millions they are raking in every year due to these insane tv contracts. Those contracts aren't created because of a schools strong academic tradition. They are made because schools are athletic attractions that people want to watch (mostly all are). The ACC isn't kicking out Louisville because of this and neither is the Big 12 kicking out Baylor. As nauseating as it may be, this is the nature of college sports. It's a big business and the fact that they play under the NCAA is a joke. I highly doubt this impacts UConn's chances any greater. I wish it would but the reality is, it won't.

On topic: This Kentucky political p***ing match has zero impact on conference realignment.

Anyone getting a chubby over this is pathetic.

Reaction Score
I just don't see why we can't be miserable and make fun of Louisville at the same time.

Even as somebody who doesn't really give two f---'s about academics in college sports, it's funny to me that Louisville is basically a caricature of the school the ACC thumbed their noses at for years.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this was mentioned already, but this problem might have been caused under the watch of the old BoT. UL is in the midst of an ugly legal battle between the old BoT and the legality of their ousting by the governor of Kentucky.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Southern school, Papa John's Stadium, KFC YUM Center, baseball pretty darn good. Perception. They got a lifeboat.

C

Chief00

I agree - perhaps unfortunately these are non events for CR.

A President's presentation bombing is an event, unfortunately.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Good point Chief. The Suzy lovers may be upset with you, however.

Reaction Score
I agree - perhaps unfortunately these are non events for CR.

A President's presentation bombing is an event, unfortunately.

Who bombed a presentation.? When did this happen and what are the details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom