AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues | Page 6 | The Boneyard

AP: University of Louisville facing accreditation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love chemistry jokes.

One sodium atom said to another sodium atom, "I think I lost an electron. " the other atom said, "Are you sure?" The first atom said, "Yeah,.....I'm positive...." Good stuff.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Louisville High School... :eek:
Hey ACC...

image.jpeg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Do not take Chief seriously - quite frankly, he does not have the level of access to know anything pertaining to how presentations went. Just an old man looking for attention.

Reaction Score
Like details of that would somehow leak.
Agree...
I do wonder if stuff like that will come out when the dust settles. I kind of doubt it. We still don't know definitively why uofl was chosen over Uconn in the 12th hour. We can speculate that ESPN was involved, but that's all it is without proof.

Reaction Score
The ACC is now third out of the "P5" conferences in drawing from amongst the top 300 recruits. The Pac-12 is fourth and the Big 12 is last (partly because they are at 10 schools). The addition of Louisville does make sense from a football perspective.

The addition of Houston and Cincinnati alone should catapult the Big 12 ahead of the Pac-12.

Reaction Score
The ACC regrets nothing. The cautionary tale you people speak of is increased payouts on a huge tv deal. Oh the horror.

You don't think schools in a conference aren't concerned about the programs they are associated with? Then how do you explain BYU's exclusion from the P5? By every available metric BYU is a P5 program. In a football centric world BYU has won a NC in football and routinely packs the house for their football games. Why aren't they in?

You don't think schools in the Big12 aren't concerned about the splash back due to the Baylor scandal?

The Louisville scandal(s) will continue to embarrass the ACC and tarnish the ACC's reputation. It won't stop the paychecks from getting cashed but it is the kind of press the ACC does not want. But give Louisville credit. They keep the balls in the air long enough to be selected and now it is the ACC's problem.

There is a reason one of the main evaluatory criteria listed by the Big12 was a school's record of compliance and "playing by the rules." No conference wants a scandal even if they are getting paid and no conference wants to add a future problem program.

Reaction Score
You don't think schools in a conference aren't concerned about the programs they are associated with? Then how do you explain BYU's exclusion from the P5? By every available metric BYU is a P5 program. In a football centric world BYU has won a NC in football and routinely packs the house for their football games. Why aren't they in?

You don't think schools in the Big12 aren't concerned about the splash back due to the Baylor scandal?

The Louisville scandal(s) will continue to embarrass the ACC and tarnish the ACC's reputation. It won't stop the paychecks from getting cashed but it is the kind of press the ACC does not want. But give Louisville credit. They keep the balls in the air long enough to be selected and now it is the ACC's problem.

There is a reason one of the main evaluatory criteria listed by the Big12 was a school's record of compliance and "playing by the rules." No conference wants a scandal even if they are getting paid and no conference wants to add a future problem program.
The Louisville scandals will be if not forgotten, ignored by everyone who tunes in to eatch sports.

USC survived Reggie Bush, Miami and FSU moved on from scandals etc, etc.

Louisville won. They got in and we didnt. We could sit here and talk about Clemson and FSU and what they wanted, but at the end of the day whatever corners they cut to get in ahead of us were well, well worth it from an athletic department standpoint. That isnt debateable is it?

Reaction Score
You don't think schools in a conference aren't concerned about the programs they are associated with? Then how do you explain BYU's exclusion from the P5?

Because of their religious restrictions that do not allow them to play sports on Sunday. Conferences do not want to deal with the complications that this causes. In reality the cost benefit of having BYU is not yet worth the complications.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Do not take Chief seriously - quite frankly, he does not have the level of access to know anything pertaining to how presentations went. Just an old man looking for attention.

Not true. He's friends with Andre Drummond and I'm sure Andre is privy to the Big 12 negotiations.

Reaction Score
I agree - perhaps unfortunately these are non events for CR.

A President's presentation bombing is an event, unfortunately.
So in translation to the english language what are you saying here @Chief00 ? Are you insinuating that Herbst blew her B-12 presentation?

Reaction Score
You don't think schools in a conference aren't concerned about the programs they are associated with? Then how do you explain BYU's exclusion from the P5?

Because of their religious restrictions that do not allow them to play sports on Sunday. Conferences do not want to deal with the complications that this causes. In reality the cost benefit of having BYU is not yet worth the complications.

Reaction Score
They didn't choose Louisville by accident they knew what kind of school it was. They didn't care and they still don't. They'll get their money and Louisville will continue to win at everything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree...
I do wonder if stuff like that will come out when the dust settles. I kind of doubt it. We still don't know definitively why uofl was chosen over Uconn in the 12th hour. We can speculate that ESPN was involved, but that's all it is without proof.
I don't see ESPN's fingerprints on that one. If was FSU flexing it's muscles with a few of others joining them for their own reasons.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think if ESPN wanted us in the ACC we'd be there.
Me too, but that doesnt mean they were trying to sabotage us either.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Clearly you've never been to a Thursday night opener. If you can get the gate scanned number I'd be glad to wager you. The announced number will include the thousands of tickets they have printed and given away.

pw: I've been to every home game but one since 1999 so g f y
For what it's worth:

Asked a UConn official this exact question on Wednesday and sales are lower than I expected coming off of a bowl appearance. They are expecting just over 30K for the opener, so if you're going, bring a buddy or two. A win at Navy and I expect a return to the days of old for UVA and Syracuse.

Husky25

Reaction Score
It's worth whatever you think published attendance figures are worth.
So basically, it's worth quite a bit, because two days after the game, no one outside those in attendance will remember how full the stands are. For reference purposes, they will always go back to the official published attendance figure.

And if you think I'm mistaken, think back to the Fiesta Bowl. Less than 3,000 "suckers (in my opinion)" purchased the over-inflated, 2nd-mortgage-inducing travel package through UConn (at the height of the Great Repression). Yet Optically, UConn was clearly represented by more than 3,000 fans. Regardless of the optics, most every outside reporter reverts to the 3,000 tickets purchased from UConn's allotment or the 14,000 that they had to return, because of the Big East's policy on the unused portion.

New%2BYear%2527s%2BEve%2B2010%2Btrip%2Bto%2BArizona%2B033.JPG

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So basically, it's worth quite a bit, because two days after the game, no one outside those in attendance will remember how full the stands are. For reference purposes, they will always go back to the official published attendance figure.

And if you think I'm mistaken, think back to the Fiesta Bowl. Less than 3,000 "suckers (in my opinion)" purchased the over-inflated, 2nd-mortgage-inducing travel package through UConn (at the height of the Great Repression). Yet Optically, UConn was clearly represented by more than 3,000 fans. Regardless of the optics, most every outside reporter reverts to the 3,000 tickets purchased from UConn's allotment or the 14,000 that they had to return, because of the Big East's policy on the unused portion.

New%2BYear%2527s%2BEve%2B2010%2Btrip%2Bto%2BArizona%2B033.JPG

If pumping up attendance by printing tickets, giving them away and them not being used makes you feel better - that's good.

That isn't the same thing as how many people went to the game.

Reaction Score
Most schools "pump" attendance figures if they're not named Alabama or Ohio State. Virtually none report full value tickets/actual fannies in seats. I know personally of one ACC school that does it all the time except for one particular game every other year. Example: listed attendance 27,000, actual sold tickets 16,500, promotions and other less than full value tickets, 10,500. Not a surprise--unless you're a certain elite you're not going to get a lot of interest for Richmond, Maine or Eastern Illinois. Even Florida doesn't sell out for teams like those and there are giveaways and specials, too. Not going to change although a P5 berth would increase the desirable number by some percentage. Even the Broadway theater is that way, unless it's Hamilton or its equivalent.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If pumping up attendance by printing tickets, giving them away and them not being used makes you feel better - that's good.

That isn't the same thing as how many people went to the game.

It doesn't matter how it makes me feel. It only matters how it is referenced in the future. I'm not going to explain it again when it was so clear the first time around.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter how it makes me feel. It only matters how it is referenced in the future. I'm not going to explain it again when it was so clear the first time around.

Which has nothing to do with my post that you quoted that was about actual attendance.

Thanks for being so clear in a point that has nothing to do with my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom