AP Top 25 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

Reaction Score
Looks like I missed the entire conversation on the possibility of SC hanging a banner for their season before it got locked down for whatever reason. So what if they do? It's not going say National Champions. There won't be a parade. It will be during a game next season some time. It'll say something like Final AP poll number 1 team and they should do it. I would be good for recruiting and frankly they earned it and it helps give meaning to their season. They should definitely do it and not care what anyone else thinks.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Looks like I missed the entire conversation on the possibility of SC hanging a banner for their season before it got locked down for whatever reason. So what if they do? It's not going say National Champions. There won't be a parade. It will be during a game next season some time. It'll say something like Final AP poll number 1 team and they should do it. I would be good for recruiting and frankly they earned it and it helps give meaning to their season. They should definitely do it and not care what anyone else thinks.
Just what this dormant thread needed, to get revived five days later. Slow clap.

Reaction Score

I'm all for it but only if Tenn and ND also hang one up saying something like, "2019-20 We didn't make the AP Poll Top 25" :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Teams can do whatever they want. If South Carolina wants to hang a banner and make an A'ja Wilson statue, good on them.

Record books will show there was no tournament and no champion this season.
Good point! But there still will be that statute.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Their Wikipedia page says otherwise, for the year 2019/20 they declare themselves "Consensus National Champions"

Haha. The link to the wikipedia page for "Consensus National Championship" is actually entitled "Mythical National Championship." Mythical indeed. "In the mythical national championship, Aaliyah Boston rode a unicorn past Satou Sabally on her winged Griffin to make a last-second layup. But then Ionescu stole the Quaffle and darted back downfield..."

South Carolina fans, this kind of stuff really doesn't help your team in the eyes of other fans. My eyes rolled so hard they may get stuck.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Haha. The link to the wikipedia page for "Consensus National Championship" is actually entitled "Mythical National Championship." Mythical indeed. "In the mythical national championship, Aaliyah Boston rode a unicorn past Satou Sabally on her winged Griffin to make a last-second layup. But then Ionescu stole the Quaffle and darted back downfield..."

South Carolina fans, this kind of stuff really doesn't help your team in the eyes of other fans. My eyes rolled so hard they may get stuck.
Holy yikes. Seriously, can they just please act like they've been there before?

Here's an idea: How about a banner that says MOST OBNOXIOUS. At least that'll be unanimous, unlike the AP and coaches' polls.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

Here's an idea: How about a banner that says MOST OBNOXIOUS. At least that'll be unanimous, unlike the AP and coaches' polls.

What's surprising to me is that they have been there before and still spout this nonsense. My team hasn't, but if Oregon fans made similar claims based on Massey or 538 I'd be looking for a place to hide instead of proclaiming the same on this, or any, board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

No it wouldn't :cool:

Reaction Score
1584881816068.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro