AP ranking for week 3 - [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP ranking for week 3 - [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No they wont. Enjoy the streak. Its about to come to a end. Just like UCLA and John Wooden when they came to town. Only 2 teams have beat N.D. at home in the last 4 years . Baylor with Griner and a U Conn team much better then this one.

We don't care about streaks.....we collect titles. And if you do win in December, then you will do what you always do. Lose when it matters most in March.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Personally I don't think it matters much who is ranked where because I think all of these teams will beat each other. I don't know if anyone else mentioned it but we looked TERRIBLE against LSU. We would have lost to any of those top teams playing like we did yesterday. I think the further away from number one this time of year the better. They beat Baylor and really really disappointed against LSU. Am I the only one who thinks this?
In some respects, you are right. I thought that throughout many moments of the game, the team was just going through the motions. I was surprised Geno was not more upset. He stated after an exhibition game that he wants EVERYONE to go all out during every minute of every practice and every game!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I never much cared for Alexis the human being, though her game is altogether not bad.

Thought the better than a Duke beatdown remark was unnecessarily snarky.

And isn't she the charmer that refused to shake Geno's hand after one of Duke's myriad defeats?

Twitter-When-ur-about-to-say-something-55197d.png

I dont want to get put on boneyard probation :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Another good player like Plum. She might be the best player in women's college basketball. Of course they would be great with someone as good as here. But hey have a really good team and have 3 very good players and some other solid roll players. I think their as good as Florida ST. Especially without Romero. The Irish play Washington, U Conn, Tennessee, Michigan ST, Depaul , Iowa, Wisconsin Greenbay. All tournament teams last year. They will also be playing Florida ST, Louisville, Syracuse , Duke, and Miami all ranked teams in conference. That is 12 teams that could end up not only in the tournament but in the top 25. Sounds pretty solid to me.
Don't even count the acc because all those teams ranked are a joke. I consider them to be like the aac since uconn is undefeated against both. Just look at NDs record in the acc only 1 game difference between their record and uconns record in the aac so they are both week conferences.
As far as the game against fsu you can't say if so and so played the outcome would have been any different. I for one hope that nd is fully healthy when they play uconn because i hate when teams need an excuse when they lose. So turner needs to man up and play.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No they wont. Enjoy the streak. Its about to come to a end. Just like UCLA and John Wooden when they came to town. Only 2 teams have beat N.D. at home in the last 4 years . Baylor with Griner and a U Conn team much better then this one.
The current UCONN streak already made a pit stop in South Bend the ALL Time NCAA BB record streak made multiple.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Don't even count the acc because all those teams ranked are a joke. I consider them to be like the aac since uconn is undefeated against both. Just look at NDs record in the acc only 1 game difference between their record and uconns record in the aac so they are both week conferences.
As far as the game against fsu you can't say if so and so played the outcome would have been any different. I for one hope that nd is fully healthy when they play uconn because i hate when teams need an excuse when they lose. So turner needs to man up and play.
Uconn and ND and SC and Baylor have been in a class of their own for a number of years - none of them lose conference games or OOC games with any regularity. That fact does not change the quality of their respective conferences and comparing Uconn's record against any particular conference to that of one of the conference members record inside their conference is also not very meaningful. Conference mates see each other every year and usually multiple times in each year - ND finally figured out how to win against Uconn not just because they increased their talent level but more specifically they played Uconn often enough every year to learn. Uconn blew out a pretty good TX team by 50 points, the return match a year later was much closer even though the teams had not change that much - TX - coaches and players - just knew what to expect because they had seen it before.

The AAC is definitely at the bottom of the conference ranks when compared to the SEC, ACC, and Big12 - while Baylor, ND, and SC win all their conference games, some of those games are much more challenging than anything we get from the AAC teams, and the middle of the pack in those conferences is far superior to the middle of the pack in the AAC. Temple and USF are as good as the AAC gets after Uconn, but their record against the middle of the P5 conferences is not good, while Louisville, KY, TX, etc. do very well against everyone not named Uconn in the AAC.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You realize you're trash-talking a South Carolina fan, right?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Romero had played, it's possible one of the other players would not have gotten the chance to play as much and do as well. UCONN played a sloppy game and still won on the road. In the last few minutes, UCONN had three freshmen, Butler, and Lawlor on the floor and they helped maintain the over twenty point lead. They got much needed experience against a good opponent on the road. If ND had played against a top ten team the way they played against Green Bay, they probably would have lost. The same criticism that goes for UCONN should go for other top teams.

Reaction Score
For the record U Conn only outscored LSU by 2 in the second half and for 3 quarters they played them about even. Thats not very impressive either. If Romero would of played i think Florida St would of beat U Conn and this would not even be a question.
There is no "If" in the real world.
I don't know how do you get this "U Conn only outscored LSU by 2 in the second half and for 3 quarters they played them about even. " ??? Have u watched the game and the scoreboard?

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Another good player like Plum. She might be the best player in women's college basketball. Of course they would be great with someone as good as here. But hey have a really good team and have 3 very good players and some other solid roll players. I think their as good as Florida ST. Especially without Romero. The Irish play Washington, U Conn, Tennessee, Michigan ST, Depaul , Iowa, Wisconsin Greenbay. All tournament teams last year. They will also be playing Florida ST, Louisville, Syracuse , Duke, and Miami all ranked teams in conference. That is 12 teams that could end up not only in the tournament but in the top 25. Sounds pretty solid to me.
That can't be.
Everyone knows Lindsay Allen is the best PG. Guess that might make HER the best player. ;)

Reaction Score
That can't be.
Everyone knows Lindsay Allen is the best PG. Guess that might make HER the best player. ;)
I think within few months Crystal will be the best PG in NCAAW.

Reaction Score
That can't be.
Plum is a shooting guard. And Allen might be the best point guard at certain things. Not so much scoring but the way she steers the ship and controls the offense are very important parts to a point guards game. She gets everyone else involved and knows her job as well as anyone in the country.

Reaction Score
If it doesnt matter why are you wasting your time discussing it and giving your opinion?
Because it's a Discussion board DUH!!!. I have my own views on things and i express them. It may not matter but if i don't agree with your assessment then i will respond with my own. Especially if my team is involved.

Reaction Score
If Romero had played, it's possible one of the other players would not have gotten the chance to play as much and do as well. UCONN played a sloppy game and still won on the road. In the last few minutes, UCONN had three freshmen, Butler, and Lawlor on the floor and they helped maintain the over twenty point lead. They got much needed experience against a good opponent on the road. If ND had played against a top ten team the way they played against Green Bay, they probably would have lost. The same criticism that goes for UCONN should go for other top teams.
I think Greenbay is better then people think. Florida ST ranking was based on them having a healthy Romero i believe.

Reaction Score
Penn State beat Tenn also receive zero vote.
I seriously doubt the AP pools.
Debbie Antonelli has UConn 5th is a joke.

Antonelli said the other night that she has noticed UConn's wins, but is not going to shake up her top five until teams start losing.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Plum is a shooting guard. And Allen might be the best point guard at certain things. Not so much scoring but the way she steers the ship and controls the offense are very important parts to a point guards game. She gets everyone else involved and knows her job as well as anyone in the country.
KELSEY PLUM - JUNIOR SEASON (2015-16): Named the first WBCA All-American in Washington history ... Lexington Region All-Tournament Team ... Pac-12 All-Tournament Team ... earned USWBA and Wooden Award All-American honors ... Third Team AP All-America ... Second Team All-America by ESPNW ... WBCA All-Region for a second-straight year and All-Pac-12 for a third time ... one of 10 semifinalists for the Naismith Award ... one of 15 on the Wooden Award National Ballot ... named one of 10 finalists for the Nancy Lieberman Award given to the nation's top point guard.
But hey, what do the "experts" know.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
KELSEY PLUM - JUNIOR SEASON (2015-16): Named the first WBCA All-American in Washington history ... Lexington Region All-Tournament Team ... Pac-12 All-Tournament Team ... earned USWBA and Wooden Award All-American honors ... Third Team AP All-America ... Second Team All-America by ESPNW ... WBCA All-Region for a second-straight year and All-Pac-12 for a third time ... one of 10 semifinalists for the Naismith Award ... one of 15 on the Wooden Award National Ballot ... named one of 10 finalists for the Nancy Lieberman Award given to the nation's top point guard.
Lindsay Allen is a two-time Lieberman finalist.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Plum can play the 1 or 2.
However, she is also a tremendous team leader.
She makes a lot of her teammates better,

Reaction Score
Dont tell me about Plum iv been a Washington fan in all sports my whole life .My mom is from there. Yes she plays both but anyone who watches women's basketball knows she is more a 2 then a 1. Same with Mitchell from Ohio ST and Jones from Baylor. Allen is a true point guard. Furthermore i never said Allen was the best point guard. But she does some things as good as anyone else at the position. Your assuming i think she is because im a N.D. fan. Several of the as you stated experts have her up for quit a few awards but what do they know

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Antonelli said the other night that she has noticed UConn's wins, but is not going to shake up her top five until teams start losing.
So where does she place Baylor and where were they before they started losing?

Reaction Score
Kind of ironic since Muffet won't play us in Columbia.
Really Ironic since we had one more game to add on our OOC schedule and Muffet denied to play a home and home with us. I guess since she barely beat us by luck in the FF two years ago she was scared of the outcome when they came to play in front of 18,000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom