AP ranking for week 3 - [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP ranking for week 3 - [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A good spot for Baylor. Alexis Jones made a comment after the UCONN game that some of the young players not taking things as seriously as they should so hopefully the UCONN loss and a drop in the rankings will get their attention.

IMO, the UCONN defeat of Baylor and ND's less than impressive wins should have moved UCONN to number 1.
Of course you do. Your a Baylor fan right? They just beat you. I think a N.D. double digit win against a ranked Washington team is pretty solid. They scored over a 100 points in back to back games. How good Greenbay is remains to be seen but they did make the tournament last year and N.D. lead by double digits the whole game and got a little to relaxed in the end.. For all we know Baylor is overrated just like Texas. Point is who is #1 now doesn't really matters. It will all be decided on December 7th and again at the end of the season. I think the winner of South Carolina vs Louisville Sunday will have a argument for #1 as well.

Reaction Score
ND has played 4 game against weak teams all at home so far. I just don't see teams like, central Michigan, Fordham, greenbay and Washington as tough opponents. Uconn already played two road games at FSU and LSU and Baylor at home. Those 3 teams are better then anyone ND plays until Uconn comes to town. I'm not saying uconn should be #1 because i think south Carolina should be but uconn should be in front of ND.

Ranking based on strength of schedule? Have I been teleported back to the SummiTT circa 2003?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND has played 4 game against weak teams all at home so far. I just don't see teams like, central Michigan, Fordham, greenbay and Washington as tough opponents. Uconn already played two road games at FSU and LSU and Baylor at home. Those 3 teams are better then anyone ND plays until Uconn comes to town. I'm not saying uconn should be #1 because i think south Carolina should be but uconn should be in front of ND.

LSU was picked 12th in the SEC this year and was #100 in Sagarin last year, trailing Central Michigan, Green Bay, Washington, TCU, and Iowa. Calling Washington (a Final Four team with an All-American) "weak" and touting LSU is hard to fathom.

UConn has certainly played a tougher schedule so far and has a much tougher non-conference schedule overall. By season's end, ND and UConn will be pretty close in schedule strength once conference play is factored in.

For what it's worth, I would vote UConn #1, too.

Reaction Score
Of course you do. Your a Baylor fan right? They just beat you. I think a N.D. double digit win against a ranked Washington team is pretty solid. They scored over a 100 points in back to back games. How good Greenbay is remains to be seen but they did make the tournament last year and N.D. lead by double digits the whole game and got a little to relaxed in the end.. For all we know Baylor is overrated just like Texas. Point is who is #1 now doesn't really matters. It will all be decided on December 7th and again at the end of the season. I think the winner of South Carolina vs Louisville Sunday will have a argument for #1 as well.
For the record U Conn only outscored LSU by 2 in the second half and for 3 quarters they played them about even. Thats not very impressive either. If Romero would of played i think Florida St would of beat U Conn and this would not even be a question.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I thought Alexis was the best player on the floor. I hope they listen to her.

I never much cared for Alexis the human being, though her game is altogether not bad.

Thought the better than a Duke beatdown remark was unnecessarily snarky.

And isn't she the charmer that refused to shake Geno's hand after one of Duke's myriad defeats?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think UCONN is number one until they're not. ND will regret bein ranked ahead of UCONN if they're both undefeated when they play.

Reaction Score
Personally I don't think it matters much who is ranked where because I think all of these teams will beat each other. I don't know if anyone else mentioned it but we looked TERRIBLE against LSU. We would have lost to any of those top teams playing like we did yesterday. I think the further away from number one this time of year the better. They beat Baylor and really really disappointed against LSU. Am I the only one who thinks this?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
AP Women's Basketball Poll Week 3

Lauren Shute SEC Country has UConn 3rd after Baylor.

Personally have no problem with voters that have UConn ranked 3rd behind Notre Dame and South Carolina.

Lauren Shute played HS basketball out by me. I saw her play many games. Her dad still coaches. If I see him I will put in a good word for UConn.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's all decided on the court. At the end of the day, I'll worry about game results and NCAA Tourney finishes. Happy with how UConn has looked/performed thus far.

Reaction Score
For the record U Conn only outscored LSU by 2 in the second half and for 3 quarters they played them about even. Thats not very impressive either. If Romero would of played i think Florida St would of beat U Conn and this would not even be a question.
If the LSU score was closer at the half you wouldn't have seen UConn's end of the bench in the game. Being up by over 20, it was a good opportunity for Geno to give the newbies some experience. Coaching for later in the season.

Since Romero wasn't in the game, we'll never know.

In contrast, Boley - 1 minute against Maine. Perhaps if she played more minutes, ND would have lost.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN is number one until they're not. ND will regret bein ranked ahead of UCONN if they're both undefeated when they play.
No they wont. Enjoy the streak. Its about to come to a end. Just like UCLA and John Wooden when they came to town. Only 2 teams have beat N.D. at home in the last 4 years . Baylor with Griner and a U Conn team much better then this one.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A good spot for Baylor. Alexis Jones made a comment after the UCONN game that some of the young players not taking things as seriously as they should so hopefully the UCONN loss and a drop in the rankings will get their attention.

IMO, the UCONN defeat of Baylor and ND's less than impressive wins should have moved UCONN to number 1.
Nope. ND is still tops to me. But I think your Baylor is better than Louisville. Yet after that little whuppin' they got I still expect to see the front of their jerseys down the road. We ain't heard the last of those young ladies yet.

Reaction Score
Nope. ND is still tops to me. But I think your Baylor is better than Louisville. Yet after that little whuppin' they got I still expect to see the front of their jerseys down the road. We ain't heard the last of those young ladies yet.
L'ville just lost to Drexel by 1 point.

Reaction Score
I watched a little of the ND vs Washington game and imo ND isn't that good. If the huskies had another good player like plum they could have beaten them. I also looked at NDs schedule and i'm surprised muffet doesn't schedule a lot more better teams in their ooc schedule. You don't get better playing cupcakes.
Another good player like Plum. She might be the best player in women's college basketball. Of course they would be great with someone as good as here. But hey have a really good team and have 3 very good players and some other solid roll players. I think their as good as Florida ST. Especially without Romero. The Irish play Washington, U Conn, Tennessee, Michigan ST, Depaul , Iowa, Wisconsin Greenbay. All tournament teams last year. They will also be playing Florida ST, Louisville, Syracuse , Duke, and Miami all ranked teams in conference. That is 12 teams that could end up not only in the tournament but in the top 25. Sounds pretty solid to me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just seeing if you guys are paying attention..... NOT. Sorry.

Ha no worries. I had actually just watched the last few minutes of the game on Drexel's website. Syracuse was protecting a small lead but missed some free throws down the stretch and made a crucial defensive error in the last possession. Up by 2 with under 20 seconds to play, they kept their full-court trapping defense but left open Drexel's best 3-point shooter (she was 7-for-10 in this game), who promptly drained the 3 for the winning basket with 8 seconds to play. Peterson got a good look at a 15-footer at the buzzer but it hit the back rim.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Orangutan - I think LSU will be significantly better than last year and finish middle of the SEC, but they are certainly not a top quality team (last year they did not have a full starting rotation of scholarship players by the end of the year, I believe.) - I would rank them in the Greenbay sort of range - good but ... Washington is definitely a quality win and ND handled them pretty easily - they didn't play their A game, but ND was in control from the tip. And Green Bay is never an easy team to play - disciplined and hard nosed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

If it doesnt matter why are you wasting your time discussing it and giving your opinion?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I never much cared for Alexis the human being, though her game is altogether not bad.

Thought the better than a Duke beatdown remark was unnecessarily snarky.

And isn't she the charmer that refused to shake Geno's hand after one of Duke's myriad defeats?

How well do you know Alexis, the human being? I suspect not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom