AP ranking for week 3 - [merged thread] | The Boneyard

AP ranking for week 3 - [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
AP Women's Basketball Poll Week 3

UConn and Notre Dame both received 16 1st place votes.

Should be able to right click on how they voted to open in new tab.

Debbie Antonelli has UConn 5th
Lauren Shute SEC Country has UConn 3rd after Baylor.
UConn Beat Writers Jim Fuller and Carl Adamec have UConn Ranked 3rd

Personally have no problem with voters that have UConn ranked 3rd behind Notre Dame and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Texas -6
Tenn -4
Kentucky -5
Ariz St -5

No team moved up more than 3

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Notre Dame (16) 4-0 804
2 Connecticut (16) 3-0 797
3 South Carolina (1) 2-0 755
4 Louisville 5-0 707
5 Baylor 3-1 704
6 Maryland 4-0 665
7 Mississippi State 4-0 614
8 Ohio State 3-1 591
9 UCLA 3-1 533
10 Florida State 3-1 502

2017 Women's College Basketball Rankings and Polls for Week 3 - ESPN

A good spot for Baylor. Alexis Jones made a comment after the UCONN game that some of the young players not taking things as seriously as they should so hopefully the UCONN loss and a drop in the rankings will get their attention.

IMO, the UCONN defeat of Baylor and ND's less than impressive wins should have moved UCONN to number 1.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A good spot for Baylor. Alexis Jones made a comment after the UCONN game that some of the young players not taking things as seriously as they should so hopefully the UCONN loss and a drop in the rankings will get their attention.

IMO, the UCONN defeat of Baylor and ND's less than impressive wins should have moved UCONN to number 1.

I don't see the justification for dropping Baylor below Louisville, who hasn't played anyone remotely challenging yet. At least South Carolina has the win over Ohio State.

Reaction Score

I thought Alexis was the best player on the floor. I hope they listen to her.

Reaction Score
And Tennessee down to 17. Have they ever been this low, this early in the season ?

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Personally have no problem with voters that have UConn ranked 3rd behind Notre Dame and South Carolina.

I agree. on paper, it looks like uconn has better wins thus far and could make a case at a #1 spot. but let em play! I personally love our record when we are a #2 team playing the #1....

I think voters are waiting for that December game when CT travels to ND. I think they assess that if Connecticut can come into Irish territory and leave with a win then that is a case to move them ahead. I agree.

ND has a top PG (Allen may be best PG this season) and a top center (Turner has proven her worth) and CT doesn't even know who it's PG or C really is just yet. I hate saying this but you kinda need to keep ND right where they are until someone knocks them off the perch (and I'm glad we get a chance to do that!)

Reaction Score
I watched a little of the ND vs Washington game and imo ND isn't that good. If the huskies had another good player like plum they could have beaten them. I also looked at NDs schedule and i'm surprised muffet doesn't schedule a lot more better teams in their ooc schedule. You don't get better playing cupcakes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Especially since UCONN was dropped out of the top spot due to their close win over FSU. But hey... I don't think we are the #1 team in the nation. I was thinking maybe SC after their newbies uber-impressive 1st tame (Davis and Gray), but they were much less impressive in their 2nd game. Still, given how talented those 2 are, SC has as talented a starting 5 as anyone in the nation IMHO...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

As much as I am a BIG fan of Uconn, for some reason I believe SC is the number one team at this time in the season. I believe they are better than ND seeing how they added the two transfers. I think they are stronger inside and now have the outside game to go with Wilson and Coates. IMO, Wilson is a better player than ND's AA post player.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I watched a little of the ND vs Washington game and imo ND isn't that good. If the huskies had another good player like plum they could have beaten them. I also looked at NDs schedule and i'm surprised muffet doesn't schedule a lot more better teams in their ooc schedule. You don't get better playing cupcakes.

Another good player like Plum, who was one of five AP preseason All-Americans? Yes, I suspect if they had another of the five best players in the country they could have won.

As for the schedule. ND just played a non-conference game against #15 (a final four team last year) and has games against #2 UConn, #17 Tennessee, #18 DePaul, and #24 Michigan State on the schedule. Also, they will play #4 Louisville, #10 Florida State, #11 Syracuse and #21 Miami in conference. That's 9 games against teams in the current top 25 plus likely more in the ACC tourney.

UConn has 8 top 25 games on the schedule (FSU, Baylor, DePaul, Texas, ND, Ohio State, Maryland, South Carolina)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke received one vote, even after losing to Vanderbilt.
Vanderbilt, incidentally, received zero votes.

duke jordan.jpg

Reaction Score
ND has played 4 game against weak teams all at home so far. I just don't see teams like, central Michigan, Fordham, greenbay and Washington as tough opponents. Uconn already played two road games at FSU and LSU and Baylor at home. Those 3 teams are better then anyone ND plays until Uconn comes to town. I'm not saying uconn should be #1 because i think south Carolina should be but uconn should be in front of ND.

Reaction Score
Especially since UCONN was dropped out of the top spot due to their close win over FSU. But hey... I don't think we are the #1 team in the nation. I was thinking maybe SC after their newbies uber-impressive 1st tame (Davis and Gray), but they were much less impressive in their 2nd game. Still, given how talented those 2 are, SC has as talented a starting 5 as anyone in the nation IMHO...

I agree Cuevas-Moore and Davis were less impressive then the Ohio State game. It was like they both were pressing for points. Gray was smooth and played her game, Davis and Cuevas-Moore wasn't. I think we'll see a better overall game from everyone tonight. I also don't think we are #1 we still have a few kinks and Louisville will be a good test I think we should win but UCONN should be #1 and us #2 with ND a close #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom