AP poll | The Boneyard

AP poll

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And Tennessee climbed up 12th to tied for 11th. On the strength of their momentous win over ... Presbyterian?

I read it the other way, TN dropped from 11 place tie with TX to 12 this week. No?

Reaction Score
Was #3 (preseason) Oregon's win over #18 Syracuse more impressive than #4 Baylor's win over #23 Arizona St to garner one 1st place vote?

Reaction Score
I was kinda shocked at the first place vote for Oregon. I mean I know it's super early so everyone is still tweaking things, but I mean that was really a close win at home. Wouldn't punish, but not sure I think it garnered a first place vote. I think both deserve credit for pushing these top ranked teams to the edge.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was kinda shocked at the first place vote for Oregon. I mean I know it's super early so everyone is still tweaking things, but I mean that was really a close win at home. Wouldn't punish, but not sure I think it garnered a first place vote. I think both deserve credit for pushing these top ranked teams to the edge.

Probably to the voter, a referendum on Ionescu. :cool:

Reaction Score
Was #3 (preseason) Oregon's win over #18 Syracuse more impressive than #4 Baylor's win over #23 Arizona St to garner one 1st place vote?

A good pollster will consider the teams anew every week. Otherwise you get stuck in a win=move up/lose=move down pattern, where everything is based on initial starting point.

Also, yes, Syracuse was "#18" and ASU "#23," but maybe that particular voter had Syracuse #10 and ASU unranked on his/her ballot last week. In which case, Oregon's win was a lot more notable.

Reaction Score

Apparently, lol, nice to see them pick up a first place vote. Had to smile to myself. Can't wait for MSST game. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Looking at Maryland's schedule, I can't see them dropping in the rankings. Not until they play Iowa & Minnesota in mid-February, do they face difficult competition. I realize that anything can happen, but it would be quite the upset before the Iowa games rolls around. BTW: I thought Maryland looked very good, even if SC didn't.

Reaction Score
Looking at Maryland's schedule, I can't see them dropping in the rankings. Not until they play Iowa & Minnesota in mid-February, do they face difficult competition. I realize that anything can happen, but it would be quite the upset before the Iowa games rolls around. BTW: I thought Maryland looked very good, even if SC didn't.

The thing is those holiday tournaments can act as an equalizer. I’ve seen plenty of good teams lose in holiday tournaments. Maryland plays Georgia in Puerto Rico, so I wouldn’t exactly take that for granted even though Georgia has been losing. And then they take on Georgia Tech as part of the ACC Challenge. Not exactly mid-major cupcakes.

Reaction Score

They could drop given big wins from teams right below them. Like what Maryland did this week based on the win yesterday.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
S. Carolina falls out of top 10; Irish remain No. 1

South Carolina's run in the top 10 is over.

The Gamecocks fell out of the first 10 teams in the AP women's basketball poll on Monday after being ranked that high for the past 89 consecutive weeks dating back to Jan. 6, 2014. It was the third-longest active streak behind UConn and Notre Dame.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom