AP Poll - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Noice Split Depth GIF by MOODMAN

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Davis posted that too soon... His point about ranked teams, though, is right.
Maybe but it's irrelevent. There aren't 11 teams better than UConn. I don't think there are 5. It's phony analysis to support an incorrect conclusion.

Reaction Score
Seth being Seth..Already told you how he will be voting for the next six weeks. Not taking into consideration that the teams ranked ahead of UConn could possibly lose and thus create some movement in polls.

We all know Seth likes the ACC

Seth may have an ACC scheduling problem shortly. i am curious to see where he places Duke and UNC.

Reaction Score
I just looked at Houston’s schedule and the best team they beat is Oregon? I have no doubt that they will be a great team this year but do their results merit a #1 ranking? What am I missing?

Reaction Score
That they were the preseason #2 team and #1 just lost twice
True, but they haven’t played anyone yet. I guess that’s part of the issue with these early season rankings. They have a couple good litmus tests against Alabama and Virginia coming up. Those games will be very telling.

Reaction Score
I just looked at Houston’s schedule and the best team they beat is Oregon? I have no doubt that they will be a great team this year but do their results merit a #1 ranking? What am I missing?
You’re missing where they started the year. That’s why these polls are so dumb. The teams ahead of them lost so they move up. That’s why these polls are ridiculous.

Reaction Score
If we beat the doors off OSU Thursday those mid-teen votes definitely change. They might anyway when they see they’re 5-8 spots off the consensus.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
That was the big move, from here on we'll need the teams above us to lose to move up. Must be 3 seed or better by tourney time.

Reaction Score
Really good to have two ranked wins already. We all will be Iowa St and Alabama fans the rest of the season. We’ll only get 2 more ranked games the rest of the year.

Also - UConn is officially elite. The expectation moving forward is that we should be a BE powerhouse. The only teams that should be able to hang with us are Creighton (would target to split the series), Xavier (but we should win both), and maybe Nova once they’re healthy (big question marks on Nova this year)

I’m talking 16-4 conference record as an absolute worst case scenario

I’m excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member