AP Poll - Week 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I laughed out loud at Seth Davis' ranking. Being controversial to get attention is totally on brand for him.
Yeah, and we are just hairy unshowered brain feeding trolls at the end of the day. What do we know!

Reaction Score
Found two more...Full list so far

Scott Richey: 9 (NR)
Kevin McNamara: 4 (15)

Chris Murray: 4 (20).
Jon Rothstein: 7 (19)
Jerry Carino: 7 (19)
Clayton Collier: 7 (18)
Mark Berman: 8 (NR)
Dave Borges: 6 (16)
Seth Davis: 12 (24)
Rick Bozich: 6 (19)

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
We haven't won a game by less than 15-points on the season...including absolutely demolishing three top-25 level teams in a row. I highly doubt any of the teams projected to rank ahead of us this week would be favored by much, if anything on a neutral court.

Reaction Score
Can someone remind me why Seth hates the Huskies?? Feel like he's always snubbed us. Absolutely love this team, so much fun to watch. Can't wait to see our top 10 men's hoops team go to battle Thursday! Feels really good to say!!
He went to Duke at a time when they were relevant

Reaction Score
We haven't won a game by less than 15-points on the season...including absolutely demolishing three top-25 level teams in a row. I highly doubt any of the teams projected to rank ahead of us this week would be favored by much, if anything on a neutral court.
They wouldn't be. The most impressive teams so far have been UConn, Purdue, Arizona.

Reaction Score
Not a lot of basketball played yet, but a team that woodsheds an undefeated opponent with very limited production from the two best players, after a prior wood shedding of a ranked team, has to be ranked pretty high. Given that UCONN has been on the milk carton with respect to the rankings, expect the rankings to lag a bit. They appear to be able to go deep into the bench with little to no drop off. Possibly some of the best early season freshman play that I've seen of players in a UCONN uniform. On par with Ben and Emeka.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Can someone remind me why Seth hates the Huskies?? Feel like he's always snubbed us. Absolutely love this team, so much fun to watch. Can't wait to see our top 10 men's hoops team go to battle Thursday! Feels really good to say!!

He graduated from Duke. Guess that may play into it.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Despite 3 comfortable double digit wins against good/great P5 competition, I still sense that most of the national media is sleeping on how good this team has been.

If everyone could watch every game, we'd get the top 5 respect we rightfully deserve.

But because of the preseason non-ranking, and some national media still sleeping, I'd expect a ranking around 9-10. Coaches poll might be a bit higher at 7-9 since I think they're sharper than national media guys.

Reaction Score
Good morning, what a week for the Huskies! Not many teams lost to unranked opponents, but with all the tournaments that happened, there will be a lot of poll movement in today's Top 25.

Top 25 teams with losses this week to unranked opponents:
#21 Texas Tech v Ohio State
#1 North Carolina v Iowa State
#25 Iowa v TCU

Here are some public AP ballots for week 4: (Last week's rank in parentheses)
Jon Rothstein: 7 (19)
Jerry Carino: 7 (19)
Clayton Collier: 7 (18)
Mark Berman: 8 (NR) <-- Big redemption week for Berman!
Dave Borges: 6 (16)
Seth Davis: 12 (24) <-- This guy is the biggest clown in the world.
Rick Bozich: 6 (19)

Non-AP Analytic Sites:
Kenpom: 6 (19)
Barttorvik: 4 (36)
Evan Miya: 8 (20)
Massey: 8 (25)
Team Rankings: 2 (15)
Sagarin: 3 (17)
Haslametrics: 4

Prediction: UConn #8 (Should be Top 5 but whatever)
Nailed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24